Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Mastodon -- Kansas City, MO -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI- October 20, 2014
Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Addicted2metal Addicted2metal is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 146
Cool Top 20 Albums of 2011 ALL ARE UP

I'm gonna start with the disapointing albums first



Eyes Set to kill are really a solid band and love the first 3 albums equally but White Lotus was a huge disappointment. It seems Alexia is ruining out of ideas and the music just feels like no effort was put into the album.



I loved Blooddrunk and I was looking foreword when I heard they were recording a new album. but really 9 songs? not only is the album to short. but there was really nothing special going on here. and the song titles pissed me off. Alexi also keeps repeating the same riffs throughout the entire CD.


There are some great tracks on this CD but musically it just seems to blend in with "Sandwhich" and there are to many filler tracks.

AND THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT GOES TO

Last edited by Addicted2metal; 12-16-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Addicted2metal Addicted2metal is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 146


I've been a fan since I 1st heard "Not All who wonder are lost" on the radio. it was something different for me and Dez is a great vocalist. I loved TLKW and PFV so I was really excited when I heard about Beast. but I was so disappointed. I consider PFV to be a right direction for the band to go in. But the album seems to be one long song. Dez's vocals just seemed lacking and repetitive. there was only 1 track that stood out though

14. Lend Myself To The Night


will post Honorable mentions later .
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Epidemic Reign's Avatar
Epidemic Reign Epidemic Reign is offline
Hell Bent for Liquor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 3,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2metal View Post
I loved Blooddrunk and I was looking foreword when I heard they were recording a new album. but really 9 songs?
Yes, really 9 songs. Just like all of their other albums except for the first one
__________________
10.01 Sonata Arctica
11.03 King Diamond
01.22 70000 Tons of Metal
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Addicted2metal Addicted2metal is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 146
Honorable Mentions





People give FFDP alot of crap I don't know why they put on a great show and I met most of the members they were all really cool and down to earth and actually enjoyed hanging out with fans.
the album does have a few great tracks. but then there are a few meh tracks. I don't have a problem for them going more melodic but I just don't listen to this album much. to me The Way of the fist will always be their best album.

Stand out tracks
American Capitalist
Remember Everything
100 ways to hate

up later top 20
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-13-2011, 12:30 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2metal View Post
Honorable Mentions





People give FFDP alot of crap I don't know why they put on a great show and I met most of the members they were all really cool and down to earth and actually enjoyed hanging out with fans.
the album does have a few great tracks. but then there are a few meh tracks. I don't have a problem for them going more melodic but I just don't listen to this album much. to me The Way of the fist will always be their best album.

Stand out tracks
American Capitalist
Remember Everything
100 ways to hate

up later top 20


FFDP might be my least favorite cd of 2011.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,585
I hate that FFDP record purely for the knock-off Ramones logo on the back of the case.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Addicted2metal Addicted2metal is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 146
20

I might get alot of crap for this but I really enjoyed this CD. Danny is a far better singer then Duece. the lyrics are a step up from Swan songs. And only 2 songs about partying. I hate hip-hop and rap but this CD offers something different with a blend of rock.

Stand out tracks
Been To Hell
Coming Back Down
Bullet
S.C.A.V.A
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Addicted2metal Addicted2metal is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 146
19


Ettore Rigotti is a genius when it comes to producing. mixing melodic death metal with miyazaki movie soundtracks It just sounds perfect. there are about 4 different bands on the CD which makes each song sound unique. any miyazaki fan should check it out.

stand out track
Country Road (Whisper Of The Heart) (feat. Disarmonia Mundi & Sophia Aslanidou)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Epidemic Reign's Avatar
Epidemic Reign Epidemic Reign is offline
Hell Bent for Liquor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 3,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2metal View Post
19


Ettore Rigotti is a genius when it comes to producing. mixing melodic death metal with miyazaki movie soundtracks It just sounds perfect. there are about 4 different bands on the CD which makes each song sound unique. any miyazaki fan should check it out.

stand out track
Country Road (Whisper Of The Heart) (feat. Disarmonia Mundi & Sophia Aslanidou)
Fuck yes! Princess Ghibli is awesome. That's the last thing I expected to see on anyone's list here, well done
__________________
10.01 Sonata Arctica
11.03 King Diamond
01.22 70000 Tons of Metal
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Addicted2metal Addicted2metal is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epidemic Reign View Post
Fuck yes! Princess Ghibli is awesome. That's the last thing I expected to see on anyone's list here, well done
I wish more people would mix Jpop with Metal if done right it sounds awesome!!!.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008