Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-09-2011, 07:28 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

7. ROTTING OUT - STREET PROWL

After a pretty fucking amazing EP in '09, Street Prowl is Rotting Out's first full length. Another huge name in this new wave of hardcore, especially the LA scene, Rotting Out have a lot of great crossover influence while maintaining awesome hardcore groove. A little bit faster than it is heavy, it's circle pit and stage dive music. My favorite part of the album is actually the vocal delivery: clear, pronounced, yet driven by a pissed-off attitude. I love how the lyrics are catchy and easy enough to learn on your first listen. There's really no reason why someone should dislike this band.

Notable Tracks:
Laugh Now, Die Later
Faith and Failure
Old 12-09-2011, 07:58 PM

6. FOUNDATION - WHEN THE SMOKE CLEARS

When The Smoke Clears is the second full length from Atlanta's Bridge 9 posterboys, Foundation. And holy living shit, it is fucking heavy. Another huge band in this new hardcore uprising, Foundation is definitely grounded in mosh-worthy riffs that get your body moving. Look no further than the first track, Purple Heart, and also the origin of the title. "Who will march forward when the smoke clears?" One of my favorite songs to come out this year, and a perfect way to build up a hardcore song into a crushing breakdown outro. My only complaint is that I wish the vocals were more pronounced and catchy, and some of the songs tend to drag. But still, can't wait to see where this band goes. They can only get better.

Purple Heart
Anthem For Redemption

P.S: I love that album art, too. I'm a sucker for War by U2, so it's cool to see that similar artistic style.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:30 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
7. ROTTING OUT - STREET PROWL

Notable Tracks:
Laugh Now, Die Later
Wow, I'm sure I've heard this song before

Anyway, good shit! Really fun, punky vibe. Also, his vocals fucking rule. They're kinda similar to my thrash yell actually.

Foundation is cool, too. Pretty chuggy but not bad.

Last edited by larvtard; 12-09-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:14 PM

I didn't really know Rotting Out was well known. My friend's old hardcore band Offtrack played with them many times like last year or so. He's now in a new band called Disapproval. They've been getting their name out in the local hardcore scene. Check them out.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 12-10-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
He's now in a new band called Disapproval. They've been getting their name out in the local hardcore scene. Check them out.
Really good stuff! God, I'd love to be in a band like this. I'd have the time of my life playing in front of like, 15 people if they were all dancing like crazy.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:14 PM

Gettin' into the top 5 now. Really good stuff coming up!

5. MOTHER OF MERCY - IV: SYMPTOMS OF EXISTENCE

IV is Mother of Mercy's second full length LP, on Bridge 9 records. MoM are really, really unique for the hardcore scene today, a nice departure from the Madball, Hatebreed, or Bane worship you see everywhere. If this record was released on Metal Blade, and they had long hair and death metal shirts, Mother of Mercy would be hailed as an amazing metal band. As it is, IV is unlike any other hardcore albums out there right now. Highly recommend this to anyone who is more of a metal fan than hardcore. Another great young band out there (formed in 2007) that is making today's hardcore scene awesome to be a part of.

Notable Tracks:
Symptoms of Existence
Forever Night, Forever Mourning
Old 12-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Altars of Radness

Great record. The riffs, man. The riffs.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:03 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Gettin' into the top 5 now. Really good stuff coming up!

5. MOTHER OF MERCY - IV: SYMPTOMS OF EXISTENCE

IV is Mother of Mercy's second full length LP, on Bridge 9 records. MoM are really, really unique for the hardcore scene today, a nice departure from the Madball, Hatebreed, or Bane worship you see everywhere. If this record was released on Metal Blade, and they had long hair and death metal shirts, Mother of Mercy would be hailed as an amazing metal band. As it is, IV is unlike any other hardcore albums out there right now. Highly recommend this to anyone who is more of a metal fan than hardcore. Another great young band out there (formed in 2007) that is making today's hardcore scene awesome to be a part of.

Notable Tracks:
Symptoms of Existence
Forever Night, Forever Mourning
Nice.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Really good stuff! God, I'd love to be in a band like this. I'd have the time of my life playing in front of like, 15 people if they were all dancing like crazy.
Whenever they play in my area their crowds are really into it. Majority of their fans are friends supporting them because most of them listen to hardcore. The hardcore scene is pretty big here.

This was their last local show in our city. They played in a tiny shack type room while most people watched from outside. I was there but watched from outside too. I would have been inside too but I think I had just got new shoes the day before so I decided not to go in
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 12-10-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
Whenever they play in my area their crowds are really into it. Majority of their fans are friends supporting them because most of them listen to hardcore. The hardcore scene is pretty big here.

This was their last local show in our city. They played in a tiny shack type room while most people watched from outside. I was there but watched from outside too. I would have been inside too but I think I had just got new shoes the day before so I decided not to go in
Damn, that's almost too small! You need more room for people to move around/dance without hurting others. Looks like a sick show, nonetheless. So envious of the Cali hardcore scene ;__;