Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 10-31-2010, 12:18 AM
That Guy

From my Sophomore year of High school to today, Halloween I went from 340lbs down to 220lbs. All I did was two things.

1.) Play drums and gig
2.) Quit fucking eating so much.

I also must add that I'm 6ft 4in, so right now I'm not too shabby.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Regretting my username

So, on Friday I ate well all day and worked out. That night, I decided to splurge a little have have a "Buckeye" Milkshake, which is basically a chocolate shake with peanut butter. I knew I was going to have food guilt, but hey, the first milkshake I've had in 5.5 months...it's not going to kill me.

Fast forward to now: EDIT - Nevermind.

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 10-31-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:55 AM
not the mama

I actually have an eating disorder that prevents me from eating big portions and my stomach is usually weak against greasy food. So I mostly eat fish, chicken, pizza, fruits and granola bars. I don't drink any alcohol at all and just stick to ginger ale and water mostly.

I also have scoliosis so I can't bench too much so for my workout I actually have a bunch of 2x4's in my garage and I use a handsaw to cut 2 pieces with each of my arms every night. And then... 10 pull ups, 200 situps, 30 pushups, lift a 15lb weight 100 times on each arm, and 100 times on each arm on those rubber stretch things.

My body is toned but not big at all. I was fat when I was 14(17 now) but ever since high school I've started slimming down to a twig, but just the beginning of this year all these stomach problems started occurring. So since the summer I've been really getting in shape and I'm loving it. My younger brother who just started high school was already toned, so now we just compete for who has the better 6 pack. He probably will wind up becoming bigger than me though since he works out for football and doesn't have any scoliosis or stomach problems.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:14 PM
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...

I had weight issues while growing up and over the past year I made sweeping changes in my diet and lifestyle thus losing around 50 pounds in the process and putting on some decent muscle too. I'm a lean 148 pounds now.

The major changes I made were split up my meals into six small meals spread out across the day so I never feel too hungry and hence never binge and also my energy levels stay up. I do an intense work-out regime everyday bar one, focusing on one body part a day followed by an equally intense but short burst of cardio.
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now
Old 11-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I'm 5'8" and I used to weigh 210 lbs. I went vegan and worked out daily. I would run for a good hour and lift weights. After about 8 months, I lost about 75 lbs. Over the last year, I've been eating too much fast food and drinking too much beer. I went back to being a non vegan just cause I was done with it. After eating a lot of unhealthy food and drinking too much beer, I gained about 30 lbs back. I'm getting back into working out and cutting down on the bad food. I'm curious to how well P90X worked out for people who used it? I'm considering doing that myself
Old 11-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Honestly for me, I just stopped eating. I ran the course of over a month working two jobs every night of the week so it was get home from school then work till midnight and I would eat just one big night mean. No lunch or dinner and over the course of the month lost like 15 pounds. Sure its not healthy but my energy stayed the same and I never felt that sick.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I'm curious to how well P90X worked out for people who used it? I'm considering doing that myself
P90X fucking rocks. I'm about to start it again. I just have to decide how I'm going to alter the workout schedule because I go to yoga class on Wednesdays and the instructor is great and a frriend of mine, so I don't want to skip his class - but yoga is on Thursday in P90X. I want to make sure I make the adjustments in the ideal way, because the order of the workouts throughout the week is deliberate and well-thought-out, and I don't want to fuck with what worked so well for me the first time.

By the way, I was very religious with the workouts, pretty dedicated with the diet, and took my own supplements (whey protein, mainly). Those factors helped out a lot. I lost about 30 pounds and a few inches around my waist, while boosting my cardio and energy levels - as well as lean muscle mass - a great deal.

I recommend P90X without reservation to anyone - just make sure you do the pre-program fitness test to make sure you're able to handle the workouts, or you might get hurt if you try to bite off more than you can handle (pun not intended).
Old 11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

watching what foods i eat is number 1, aside from that i do this navy seal workout video twice a week, i got it off a torrent site. its some pretty intense shit but once u get used to it youll be invincible. i suppose its not too much different from crossfit or p90x (tho ive never tried them) i just prefer the strict military style over the club lights and techno music. running seems to be popular but i never really got into it.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
P90X fucking rocks. I'm about to start it again. I just have to decide how I'm going to alter the workout schedule because I go to yoga class on Wednesdays and the instructor is great and a frriend of mine, so I don't want to skip his class - but yoga is on Thursday in P90X. I want to make sure I make the adjustments in the ideal way, because the order of the workouts throughout the week is deliberate and well-thought-out, and I don't want to fuck with what worked so well for me the first time.

By the way, I was very religious with the workouts, pretty dedicated with the diet, and took my own supplements (whey protein, mainly). Those factors helped out a lot. I lost about 30 pounds and a few inches around my waist, while boosting my cardio and energy levels - as well as lean muscle mass - a great deal.

I recommend P90X without reservation to anyone - just make sure you do the pre-program fitness test to make sure you're able to handle the workouts, or you might get hurt if you try to bite off more than you can handle (pun not intended).
I want to get it but I definitely do not want to spend $140 on it Has anyone torrented it yet?
Old 11-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Regretting my username

I have done 2 full rounds of P90X, and I use it on and off for my usual workouts. I highly recommend it. It helped me lose my 110 lbs since June 2010. I also like Insanity,and I'm getting P90X2 for Christmas. Also recommend Rushfit and The Pit.

Update on my weight situation: I was diagnosed in September with hypothyroidism and low testosterone. All summer long my energy was shot, I couldn't really workout, and I had violent mood swings. I'm now getting (shitty) treatment and I'm due to see an endocrinologist in a few weeks. My metabolism is basically dead, I'm too tired to exercise, and I'm always low-energy. I also can't "keep" muscle, no matter how much I lift and eat protein. It really sucks.

I quit weighing myself in September. I had lost 10 lbs eating according to the primal/paleo diet, which I still follow as close as possible. But due to my medical issues, I've decided to stop stressing about actively losing more weight. Once I get that shit figured out, I'd like to lose another 20 lbs. At this stage, I just want to be able to workout again. I miss the "high" and the pump. The fat loss comes with it, but I just miss how it made me feel. Sitting around feeling fat and tired isn't fun.

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 11-30-2011 at 03:49 PM.