Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Give Me A Dollar or Give Me Fifty Cents!

Guns N' Roses -- Wilkes-Barre, PA -- November 20th, 2011

I was actually going to see this show in Camden, NJ, which is much closer to my house but after they added Sebastian Bach to the bill I decided to drive the extra 90 miles to Wilkes-Barre to catch it at the Mohegan Sun Arena. And I'm glad I did.

I anticipated the late start time so I didn't go into the arena until 8pm even though the doors opened at 6:30pm. Sebastian took the stage around 8:30pm and played about 70 minutes. Great set of mostly Skid Row songs. Sebastian is so high energy and you can tell he really loves what he's doing. There were a few sound problems on his first couple tunes but it got better by about the 3rd song. He also stopped the song Big Guns to break up a fight and have some guy thrown out who was apparently pushing a girl around. He then started Big Guns from the beginning. His band is really tight and that kid on the guitar is a future superstar. What is he 19 or something? Anyway, here's Sebastian's set list:

1. Slave To The Grind
2. Kicking And Screaming
3. Dirty Power
4. Here I Am
5. Big Guns
6. Stuck Inside
7. Piece Of Me
8. 18 And Life
9. American Metalhead
10. Monkey Business
11. I Remember You
12. Tunnelvision
13. Youth Gone Wild

So Sebastian finished around 9:40pm and I knew it was time to play the waiting game. Luckily for me the drunken white trash surrounding me provided plenty of entertainment to help pass the time. Like the girl who basically broke up with her baby-daddy right behind me and began crying profusely. Talk about uncomfortable but entertaining nonetheless.

After about an hour and forty minutes Guns N' Roses took the stage. Axl was in top voice and the band was really tight and loud! I mean, REALLY LOUD! There was lots of pyro, lots of solos, lots of Axl and DJ Ashba running back and forth from one side of the stage to the other. They played lots of stuff from Appetite (obviously) and very little from Chinese Democracy (also obviously). The band and Axl seemed to be having the time of their lives. It's really cool to see someone enjoying playing music so much. Most of these older bands just seem to be going through the motions. But Axl, and even Sebastian, who both have been around for over 20 years, still seem to be enjoying what they're doing. And that's really cool.

GnR played til 2am and I've got to say it was better than the last time I saw them in January of 1992. The band was better, Axl sounded better and was in a much better mood. When I saw them in 1992 the band was sloppy and played extended boring solos and Axl was pissed off the entire show, threatening to leave if the crowd didn't stand up, etc. I like the new, happier Axl better, even if it meant I didn't get home until 4am. It was a fantastic show! And if it comes anywhere near you, forget all the negative bullshit that people are spreading, and go see this show! Also, I put "spotlight" instead of "solo" after individual members moment in the spotlight. I didn't think of them as solos because the whole band plays and it's an actual song and not 10 minutes of noodling, like when I saw them back in 1992 and Slash played 3 long, drawn out, noodling solos. Now, here's GnR's set list:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Welcome To The Jungle
3. It's So Easy
4. Mr. Brownstone
5. Sorry
6. Riff Raff (AC/DC)
7. Estranged
8. Rocket Queen
9. Richard Fortus spotlight (James Bond theme)
10 Live And Let Die (Wings)
11. This I Love
12. My Generation (The Who) (Tommy Stinson on lead vocals)
13. Dizzy Reed spotlight (Baba O'Riley)
14. Street Of Dreams
15. You Could Be Mine
16. DJ Ashba spotlight
17. Sweet Child Of Mine
18. Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd)
19. Axl Rose piano solo (Elton John)
20. November Rain
21. Bumblefoot spotlight (Pink Panther theme)
22. Don't Cry
23. Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC)
24. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan)
25. Nightrain
encore
26. Madagascar
27. Patience
28. Paradise City
Steve Hackett - 11/20
Living Colour - 12/1
Cat Stevens - 12/4

Last edited by Dogman; 11-21-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:23 PM
N00B

Good review! It's always nice when a band seems like they are enjoying themselves; It makes it more enjoyable for the fans. If they are just going through the motions the concert just seems...forgettable. For example, I was so excited to see Stone Temple Pilots and when the show was over it was so disappointing. No energy from them, nothing. Just playing the songs.

Any idea who will be opening in Hamilton? I'm actually kind of happy that Guns N' Roses themselves go on late because I have an exam that night.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

More like the Axl Rose Experience right guys? Heh heh heh heh...
Old 11-21-2011, 09:15 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I'm super jelly you got Bach & we got those assholes in Adelitas Way. Sucks tho, looks like you got a few less songs than my show. They did look like they had fun on stage tho!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I'm super jelly you got Bach & we got those assholes in Adelitas Way. Sucks tho, looks like you got a few less songs than my show. They did look like they had fun on stage tho!!!
Yeah, I see from previous set lists that they dropped a couple Chinese Democracy tracks at my show. Bummer. Not sure why. I'm thinking maybe there was a 2am curfew or something. The band ended right at 2am and they hustled us out of there right quick. Wouldn't even let me piss before my 2 hour ride home.
Steve Hackett - 11/20
Living Colour - 12/1
Cat Stevens - 12/4
Old 11-22-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil709 View Post

Any idea who will be opening in Hamilton? I'm actually kind of happy that Guns N' Roses themselves go on late because I have an exam that night.
Not sure. It seems like most of the tour has had really crappy bands opening. Sebastian only opened 3 dates of this tour.
Steve Hackett - 11/20
Living Colour - 12/1
Cat Stevens - 12/4

Tags
guns n roses, sebastian bach