Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-17-2011, 09:43 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Definitely not a problem for me, I've done 3-4 back-to-back shows before.
Yeah dude but you're only fifteen. i have done that shit too as well plenty of times, especially in 2009. You're young, got plenty of stamina and energy. Wait till you get to Sanatariums age and you will understand what he meant by that...

Speaking of which...you do know that Mr. Sanatarium is significantly older than you, right? And me as well....Probably by...well, I guess I'll just shut up now, but I would bet my money that he is one of the "old timers" like powermaiden, Jhedity and natrhil. Not to be assuming or anything but I just always thought that he was...I could be wrong.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Yeah dude but you're only fifteen. i have done that shit too as well plenty of times, especially in 2009. You're young, got plenty of stamina and energy. Wait till you get to Sanatariums age and you will understand what he meant by that...

Speaking of which...you do know that Mr. Sanatarium is significantly older than you, right? And me as well....Probably by...well, I guess I'll just shut up now, but I would bet my money that he is one of the "old timers" like powermaiden, Jhedity and natrhil. Not to be assuming or anything but I just always thought that he was...I could be wrong.
He's indestructible's uncle, so yeah he's probably somewhat old
Old 11-17-2011, 09:47 AM
N00B

Thin Lizzy with Phil Lynott were awesome. BLS sucks.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:49 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
He's indestructible's uncle
wat
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-17-2011, 10:10 AM
somebody somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by valgalder View Post
I didn't like BLS before this show..and now I really hate them! What a shit band with shit fans - if they pump up this guys ego so much that he does a ridiculous 15 minute guitar solo... fuck that guy.. everything I hate about modern music. For a big rock star he doesn't even have a good stage presence.. and never addresses the crowd or anything. Garbage.

on a bright note.. Priest was fucking awesome. Rob sounded better than I expected. He does look tired - but he is old and has been doing these mega long sets for a while now, so I give him credit. Great to see them in venue like this one last time. I have a feeling they will do more shows, but most likely a big appearance here or there.
I didn't like BLS either the three times I've seen them. I like some of their songs, but they are boring as hell live. I have never paid to see them, and I couldn't wait for them to get the fuck off the stage.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

What kind of merch did Judas Priest have?
Old 11-17-2011, 02:17 PM
N00B

merch for bigger shows like these are out of control expensive now.. I don't even bother looking. Not paying 40-50 dollars for a t-shirt... EVER.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Definitely not a problem for me, I've done 3-4 back-to-back shows before.
Well, that's easy when you're a teenager. But once you get into your 30s those aches and pains that didn't bother you much when you were younger are a little more pronounced and take an extra couple of days to heal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valgalder View Post
I didn't like BLS before this show..and now I really hate them! What a shit band with shit fans - if they pump up this guys ego so much that he does a ridiculous 15 minute guitar solo... fuck that guy.. everything I hate about modern music. For a big rock star he doesn't even have a good stage presence.. and never addresses the crowd or anything. Garbage.
I know several BLS fans, including myself and I don't consider them shit fans at all. No, they don't pump Zakk's ego when it comes to solo's. Most BLS fans want him to drop the solo from what i've gathered over the last few years. Zakk never addresses the crowd and I don't have a problem with that. I go to shows to hear music, not for the bands frontman to yak to the crowd. I like the no bullshit, except for the solo, let's just play the songs approach Zakk does live. I wish more bands did that.

Quote:
Well, i'm 33 so i'm not quite as old as Powermaiden, Jhdeity or Nat but i'm older than most on the board. I guess i'm an "old timer" now, next year will be the 20th anniversary of my first metal show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
He's indestructible's uncle
Yeah, he pretty much just started listening to my CD collection and that's how he became a metal fan. Hell, when I used to babysit him back when he was like five or six years old we used to watch the live concert videos from Metallica's Binge and Purge box set. He learned to do the fist pump and sing the "Die, Die, Die" part of Creeping Death real quick to

You gotta hook em while they're young
Old 11-18-2011, 05:23 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
wat
I feel like everybody just forgot about the whole "Leave Indestructible Alone" thread.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:20 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Judas fuckin Priest! What a fantastic show! It was a total religious expierience. Everything sounded perfect and the crowd was great and into everything. Songs like Victim Of Changes, Beyond the Realms Of Death and Blood Red Skies were epic. Night Crawler and Painkiller were awesome too. When the Hellion started playing, I got chills up and down my spine. If anyone has questioned it, Halford can still sing. I've been to a million concerts, but this one ranked up with the best. This place in Rochester, the Main street Armory is great for metal concerts. Hopefully more good bands will play there. What a November for shows around these parts. Anthrax, Priest and next the mighty Mastodon rolls into town.

Tags
black label society, judas priest