Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Metallica -- Shanghai, China -- January 15th, 2017
August Burns Red -- Detroit, MI -- January 11th, 2017
Avenged Sevenfold -- Newcastle, England -- January 12th, 2017
Metallica -- Seoul, South Korea -- January 11th, 2017
False -- Minneapolis, MN -- January 7th, 2017

  #21  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:00 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post


Satanic Tyrant Werwolf + photoshop is an odd(and not too creative) choice for a pop-punk album cover.
Yeah bro everybody's doing it.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Yeah bro everybody's doing it.
I didn't mean unique. I just think it's lame to take someone else's promotional picture idea without even doing anything to it besides photoshop filters. I hate all the art for dis-bands, Hellhammer and Sabbath clones that just make slight alterations to classic images, but at least that's done as some kind of homage. This is just a random band picture they had nothing to do with the creation of. There's some other ironic use of a metal band picture on a pop-punk album that I currently forget the name of, where they took a really gay picture of Blacky from some Voivod promo shoot, and that one is just as lame, but at least they messed with the colours a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:23 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
RIP in Pepperinos MetalSetlists FB Group ;_;7
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 24,646
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Wavves
FUCK YOU BRAD SANDERS

YOU ARE FUCKING DEAD TO ME
__________________
1/12 - Entombed A.D. w/ Full of Hell
1/26 - Inquisition w/ Truckfighters
1/28 - Starkill w/ Spellcaster
2/11 - Marduk w/ Incantation
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:25 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
RIP in Pepperinos MetalSetlists FB Group ;_;7
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 24,646
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
I didn't mean unique. I just think it's lame to take someone else's promotional picture idea without even doing anything to it besides photoshop filters. I hate all the art for dis-bands, Hellhammer and Sabbath clones that just make slight alterations to classic images, but at least that's done as some kind of homage. This is just a random band picture they had nothing to do with the creation of. There's some other ironic use of a metal band picture on a pop-punk album that I currently forget the name of, where they took a really gay picture of Blacky from some Voivod promo shoot, and that one is just as lame, but at least they messed with the colours a bit.
Wavves isn't pop-punk

They are bullshit faggotshit definition of hipster lo-fi faggotshit
__________________
1/12 - Entombed A.D. w/ Full of Hell
1/26 - Inquisition w/ Truckfighters
1/28 - Starkill w/ Spellcaster
2/11 - Marduk w/ Incantation
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:25 PM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
FUCK YOU BRAD SANDERS

YOU ARE FUCKING DEAD TO ME
__________________
9/24 Beirut
10/18 Opeth
10/19 The Tallest Man on Earth
11/5 Titus Andronicus
11/22 The Vaccines
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:26 PM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Wavves isn't pop-punk

They are bullshit faggotshit definition of hipster lo-fi faggotshit
__________________
1.23 Ash Borer / Volahn
2.2 Obliteration
2.7 Mayhem / Inquisition
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:28 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,834
Blog Entries: 1
Haven't even posted the first record and the hipster flamefest begins! Suck it, everyone!
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:30 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
RIP in Pepperinos MetalSetlists FB Group ;_;7
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 24,646
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Haven't even posted the first record and the hipster flamefest begins! Suck it, everyone!
: flame:
__________________
1/12 - Entombed A.D. w/ Full of Hell
1/26 - Inquisition w/ Truckfighters
1/28 - Starkill w/ Spellcaster
2/11 - Marduk w/ Incantation
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:31 PM
illuminatus917's Avatar
illuminatus917 illuminatus917 is offline
Robert Anton Wilson XXIII
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: the mountains, NC
Posts: 3,545
Blog Entries: 2
__________________
Never whistle while you're pissing.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-17-2011, 11:12 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
What now?
My icon. Know it, foo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moobys37 View Post
I see what you did there.

Next week
Shipping starts next week, hopefully I have it in my eardrums by the week after.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:59 AM.
2004-2016 www.metalsetlists.com all rights reserved



Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008