Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-13-2011, 09:50 PM
N00B

Judas Priest -- Detroit, MI -- November 13th, 2011

Intro-Battle Hymn
1. Rapid Fire
2. Metal Gods
3. Heading Out To The Highway
4. Judas Rising
5. Starbreaker
6. Victim of Changes
7. Never Satisfied
8. Diamonds and Rust
9. Dawn of Creation/The Prophecy
10. Night Crawler
11. Turbo Lover
12. Beyond The Realms of Death
13. The Sentinel
14. Blood Red Skies
15. The Green Manalishi
16. Breaking The Law
17. Painkiller
-----
18. Hellion/Electric Eye
19. Hell Bent For Leather
20. You’ve Got Another Thing Coming
21. Living After Midnight

Notes: The breaks between the encore was very short so it was hard to tell when the encore started, but im gonna guess it was Electric Eye. Hearing Scott Travis talk before Living After Midnight caught me off guard but was neat.
Doors were suppose to be at 6, but Thin Lizzy played before that, was lucky enough to catch The Emerald.

Last edited by Slasherous; 11-14-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:56 PM
In Search of Truth

Had to have an argument with a friend on Facebook tonight who was at this show and wouldn't shut up about how Thin Lizzy were "terrible" - which included them claiming that they weren't a big influence in metal or worth listening to, and that BLS was exponentially better. How wrong can you possibly be?
Old 11-13-2011, 10:01 PM
N00B

Personally

tonight i thought Black Label were better than Thin Lizzy. Now this might be because we missed the first couple songs of Thin Lizzy (which sucked) but i just wasnt feeling it. Black Label on the other hand (while not a fan) had alot more energy it seemed, and expecting it to be complete crap, i actually liked it a bit. It would eventually get boring after all (nobody really needs to solo for 10 minutes as an opener), but imho Black Label was better than Thin Lizzy tonight.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:18 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasherous View Post
tonight i thought Black Label were better than Thin Lizzy. Now this might be because we missed the first couple songs of Thin Lizzy (which sucked) but i just wasnt feeling it. Black Label on the other hand (while not a fan) had alot more energy it seemed, and expecting it to be complete crap, i actually liked it a bit. It would eventually get boring after all (nobody really needs to solo for 10 minutes as an opener), but imho Black Label was better than Thin Lizzy tonight.
I'm not at all trying to deny someone saying BLS were better. I hate them, but if you're open, I understand it's possible to think that. But to think Thin Lizzy flat out sucks (regardless of performance) and to make a purely moronic claim that they're not an important element in the history of metal music is just indefensible.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:46 AM
From beyond beyond the thunder dome

Do you know how long BLS and Thin Lizzy played for?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:50 AM
N00B

do you know the exact time the show started? was there a "DJ Starlight" opener before Lizzy? going to the Jersey show this FRI night -

Last edited by boznation; 11-14-2011 at 02:55 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:13 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I'm not at all trying to deny someone saying BLS were better. I hate them, but if you're open, I understand it's possible to think that. But to think Thin Lizzy flat out sucks (regardless of performance) and to make a purely moronic claim that they're not an important element in the history of metal music is just indefensible.
To be honest, the only time I've seen Lizzy was earlier this year and they really did suck. They were fucking awful, which as a bigger fan of their current line-up than probably any other because of Ricky Warwick, was a huge disappointment.

I can totally see than someone seeing both bands for the first time would think they sucked and BLS didn't.

To claim Lizzy aren't historically important is totally moronic, definitely with you on that one.

Although, anyone who claims BLS weren't a good and relevant band for their first two albums before they smelled the green is also a moron.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 11-14-2011, 08:29 AM
N00B

These are pictures from Chicago on Saturday night. Priest played for like 2 hours and 20 minutes. Bands half their age should take notes from this. I love my death metal and black metal shows (eg. Mayhem last night) but it is rare to get more than 1:30 from the bands and sometimes not even that much. I know the music is demanding but shit Glenn Tipton is 64 years old and Rob Halford is 60 so I don't accept that as an excuse as it is not like Priest is playing with a lack of energy and it certainly is demanding music.

A stellar show and they covered the range of albums. Although the setlist has not varied since the tour started they could not have picked a much better setlist given the classics that they have no choice but to play. (If I never heard Living After Midnight again in my life I would be happy and I could do without several other overplayed staples) Although I prefer Thin Lizzy to BLS I agree that BLS had a much more energetic performance and come off much better live than on record.

The Venue allowed people to text messages to the big screen and someone texted something to the effect of comparing BLS fans to Juggalos. I nearly pissed my pants. I thought it was a great line and although I don't completely agree, the comment definitely cracked me up as to me BLS is a bit of dumbed down metal and Juggalos have to be the most retarded fan base on the planet for one of the dumbest bands in existence (Insane Clown Posse if anyone doesn't know)

Judas Priest still has it after all these years. Richie Faulkner appears to be a great addition to the band and fits right in. It should be interesting to see his contributions to the next album as he could inject some life into Priest's writing and maybe we could be treated to another great surprise like Painkiller was giving Priest an outlet after they were on trial. I would love to here some new and pissed off Priest so heres to hoping K.K. leaving inspires them to put out another pissed off album (even though I think the split was mostly amicable). Either way this band is still a must see after all these years

Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 AM
N00B

Before anyone mocks me I just saw I wrote here instead of hear. I'm an idiot so sue me
Old 11-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boznation View Post
do you know the exact time the show started? was there a "DJ Starlight" opener before Lizzy?
For my show on wednesday the venue says a DJ Starlight is on the bill to. I have no clue who that is but hopefully it's just someone who plays while everyone is coming in.

Tags
judas priest