Megadeth -- Metaldays Festival, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL-- July 24th, 2014
Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 08-20-2011, 01:34 PM
welp

OH. FUCK. YES. One of the most important metal releases of all time (if there was a list, it would definitely be in the top 5).Like it or not, you can't, you just fucking can't deny the influence this album had and still has. If there is any way I could possibly describe this album, it would be pure, heavy-metal evil. In the mid-80's, Slayer took speed metal to a whole new fucking level. At the time, no one was faster, no one was more evil, and no one was more aggressive than the almighty Slayer. While Reign In Blood might not be the first of its kind (Slayer already did that with Hell Awaits), it was the one that took that pure, heavy-metal evil beyond anything previously recorded. From the second it starts to the second it ends, it just does not fucking let up or wimp out. I honestly believe it is physically impossible for any metal fan's heart to not start racing when that opening riff for "Angel of Death" kicks in. It just keeps building and building, until all fucking Hell breaks loose when Tom Araya opens his mouth and Dave Lombardo starts shaking his feet. The Perfect start to a perfect album. And it doesn't stop there. Classic song after classic fucking song, from "Piece by Piece" to one of my personal favorites, "Criminally Insane" (the first Slayer song I ever heard, I believe). And what a better to end an album than the one-two punch to the fucking esophagus of "Postmortem" and Slayer's signature track, "Raining Blood". When it comes to getting pumped up at a concert, almost nothing comes close to the epicness that is "Raining Blood". Nothing is more epic than circling around the momentarily-calm pit, eyeing down every person in there you see, with the signature "DUN DUN DUN' drums and guitar feedback in the background. And then, BOOM. What more do I have to say. I can guaran-fucking-tee you that extreme metal would not be the way it is today without Reign In Blood.

Standout Track.
Don't be an asshole, listen to the whole damn thing. It's only 30 fucking minutes.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Standout Track.
Don't be an asshole, listen to the whole damn thing. It's only 30 fucking minutes.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 08-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Meh.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Great fucking choice

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-21-2011, 05:00 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
In the mid-80's, Slayer took speed metal to a whole new fucking level.
Except Slayer didn't play speed metal.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:19 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Except Slayer didn't play speed metal.
I know, I know, but just go with it...
Old 08-21-2011, 08:21 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
I know, I know, but just go with it...
Old 11-12-2011, 04:34 PM
welp

So, um, yea, maybe I'll get around to finishing this someday...
Old 11-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

I'm thinking about doing one of these threads, just because there would probably be quite a few albums on mine that wouldn't appear on anyone else's.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 11-12-2011, 05:52 PM
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...

Quote:

OH. FUCK. YES. One of the most important metal releases of all time (if there was a list, it would definitely be in the top 5).Like it or not, you can't, you just fucking can't deny the influence this album had and still has. If there is any way I could possibly describe this album, it would be pure, heavy-metal evil. In the mid-80's, Slayer took speed metal to a whole new fucking level. At the time, no one was faster, no one was more evil, and no one was more aggressive than the almighty Slayer. While Reign In Blood might not be the first of its kind (Slayer already did that with Hell Awaits), it was the one that took that pure, heavy-metal evil beyond anything previously recorded. From the second it starts to the second it ends, it just does not fucking let up or wimp out. I honestly believe it is physically impossible for any metal fan's heart to not start racing when that opening riff for "Angel of Death" kicks in. It just keeps building and building, until all fucking Hell breaks loose when Tom Araya opens his mouth and Dave Lombardo starts shaking his feet. The Perfect start to a perfect album. And it doesn't stop there. Classic song after classic fucking song, from "Piece by Piece" to one of my personal favorites, "Criminally Insane" (the first Slayer song I ever heard, I believe). And what a better to end an album than the one-two punch to the fucking esophagus of "Postmortem" and Slayer's signature track, "Raining Blood". When it comes to getting pumped up at a concert, almost nothing comes close to the epicness that is "Raining Blood". Nothing is more epic than circling around the momentarily-calm pit, eyeing down every person in there you see, with the signature "DUN DUN DUN' drums and guitar feedback in the background. And then, BOOM. What more do I have to say. I can guaran-fucking-tee you that extreme metal would not be the way it is today without Reign In Blood.

Standout Track.
As much as I love Reign in Blood I think I would be in a substantial minority when I say that Show no mercy is my favorite Slayer record.
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now