Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-10-2011, 10:07 PM
.....I got nuthin'

Obscura -- St. Paul, MN -- November 10th, 2011

I arrived to Station 4 at around 9:30 I was thinking that I might catch Abysmal Dawn but, when I got there I heard the opening to Septuagint. That's fine with me...I mainly wanted to catch Obscura. This was my second time seeing them and of course they did not dissappoint. It was really nice seeing them headline AND they played my favorite song from Cosmogenesis......... INCARNATED

Septuagint
Vortex Omnivium
Ocean Gateways
Orbital Elements
Noospheres
Anticosmic Overload
Universe Momentum
Drum Solo
Nothing
Incarnated
Centric Flow

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by endless_pain; 11-11-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

This setlist is making me even more excite!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:39 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless_pain View Post
I arrived to Station 4 at around 9:30 I was thinking that I might catch Abysmal Dawn but, when I got there I heard the opening to Septuagint. That's fine with me...I mainly wanted to catch Obscura. This was my second time seeing them and of course they did not dissappoint. It was really nice seeing them headline AND they played my favorite song from Cosmogenesis......... INCARNATED

Septuagint
Vortex Omnivium
Ocean Gateways
Orbital Elements
Noospheres
Anticosmic Overload
Universe Momentum
Drum Solo
Nothing
Incarnated
Centric Flow
Damn I didn't think anyone else was going to be there from here. I'm not sure if I saw you, did you happen to catch me at all. Tall guy, glasses, Periphery Jacket and The Ocean t-shirt?

It was an incredible show. My review will be rnext. I got some insider info from Hannes.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:52 PM
That Guy

Review Time:

I'm very shocked someone else from the board was at the show, I thought only Fonz was from the area.

Anyways on to the good stuff
The first two bands I am very good friends with We Are Legion and Australis. Australis is going to be the next big Death metal band, their drummer is the new Inferno from Behemoth....seriously! WE are legion features a few very good friends of mine and as their singer said during their set "Australis makes us look like Pink FLoyd." And We Are Legion is a very brutal Death MEtal band.

Then came Last Chance TO Reason, they did get a really good respnse. I almost jizzed my pants at the way their drummer was playing blast beats, holy fuck it was insane. If there is any live video of Last Chance TO Reason, just look at the drummer, and you'll understand. Even a non-drummer will be able to tell. They will be back here November 30th opening for Protest The Hero and Scale The Summit...I will be there.

Then came Abysmal Dawn who blow the fucking house down, I hadn't heard them before but they were fucking incredible. I gotta look more into them.

Obscura, as mentioned above, was the best band of the night, just absolutely killer from start to finish. And after a few comments, Obscura won't be opening for Morbid Angel anytime soon.

After the show I waited tot try to get a setlist, they only had one, but they kept it which is all good to me.

I talked to Hannes Grossmann at the merch table (got him to do a Station ID for my show as well.) but anyways....

Obscura got the offer to be on Summer Slaughter, Hannes said they will take it if there is very few Deathcore bands, since they get poor reception from Deathcore fans. Which I can't blame them, if they don't take it, they'll headline again in the summer.

Then Hannes was asked to do a TV spot so I let him be and thanked him, then i talked to the singer of Last Chance To Reason. I bought one of the best shirts ever, that I'll post a pic of when my phone is done charging. (15 bucks) I got him to do a station ID as well, and told him they died a hell of a jobb and that I'd be back on the 30, he said that he's really happy to hear that and some big plans are coming in 2012, none of which he can talk about yet. Maybe on the 30th I'll buy him a shot and see if he'll tell me.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:23 PM
That Guy

Obscura live shot from the front row:

Instead of getting the copy of Omnivium, I got this instead. I am very happy about this:

Also instead of getting a copy of Omnivium, I got this for free, all signed by Obscura:

The greatest t-shirt ever!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:08 AM
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...

They played Incarnated??? Thats fucking awesome! Can't wait for the show now!

BTW how were the Obscura tour shirts and how much were they worth?
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now
Old 11-11-2011, 12:13 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventhzealot View Post
They played Incarnated??? Thats fucking awesome! Can't wait for the show now!

BTW how were the Obscura tour shirts and how much were they worth?
Incarnated was fucking mindblowing live!

There was a shitload of Obscura shirts, all 20 bucks. Last chance To Reason and Abysmal Dawn shirts were 15 bucks.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:21 AM

Ah thanks!

Gotta say that LCTR shirt is cool as fuck! Too bad they aren't playing our dates but then we get Enfold Darkness who'd be interesting to see live.
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now
Old 11-11-2011, 12:30 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventhzealot View Post
Ah thanks!

Gotta say that LCTR shirt is cool as fuck! Too bad they aren't playing our dates but then we get Enfold Darkness who'd be interesting to see live.
Not a problem man.

This is seriously one of my favorite shirts I have ever bought. Typical Metal shirts, while awesome, are a lot of the same. This is a great example of video game metal at it's finest.

LCTR is joining the Protest The Hero tour so that's probably why they sadly aren't doing those shows.

One very cool thing they added to their merch table is their actual video game, Level 2. hooked up to a screen on Xbox. If you beat the high score you get a free t-shirt. I'm definitely playing it on the 30th.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Not a problem man.

This is seriously one of my favorite shirts I have ever bought. Typical Metal shirts, while awesome, are a lot of the same. This is a great example of video game metal at it's finest.

LCTR is joining the Protest The Hero tour so that's probably why they sadly aren't doing those shows.

One very cool thing they added to their merch table is their actual video game, Level 2. hooked up to a screen on Xbox. If you beat the high score you get a free t-shirt. I'm definitely playing it on the 30th.
Now there's a way to get people hooked to your merch table if ever there was one and judging from your review, they're pretty good live too. Have to say, I haven't heard much of them, will check them out.

Oh and good choice on the Thulcandra CD there!
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now

Tags
obscura