System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-09-2011, 12:26 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I not asking you why you think it was a good set. I'm asking you if you can understand why other people wouldn't like it. Do you think your view is the only correct one? Regardless of whether or not it would happen again, some people were going to be disappointed by the set. I'm not saying you're wrong for thinking it was a good, but your comment was immature and made you seem like a douche, hence why I responded the way I did.
OH SHIT

Old 11-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Altars of Radness

Old 11-09-2011, 12:28 AM

Christ, I still can't believe they got "In the Mist She Was Standing". I would have killed to see that live.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:33 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
And no one here is a bigger Opeth fan than myself.
You and I can debate that.

Quote:
Look, the Opeth concert I saw was great, and I reviewed it and said I loved every second of it and it was amazing, but if this were the setlist instead, it probably would have been even better. End of story. If you call that bitching, than it's bitching. And no one here is a bigger Opeth fan than myself.
Quote:
This. Come on, MPF.
I'm not saying that the US setlist is superior to the Euro set. To me they are equal because they are two completely different tours. And I would have just as much fun at either show. For all different reasons. The Panda beat gif reposted might show that you are more disappointed then you are leading on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I not asking you why you think it was a good set. I'm asking you if you can understand why other people wouldn't like it. Do you think your view is the only correct one? Regardless of whether or not it would happen again, some people were going to be disappointed by the set. I'm not saying you're wrong for thinking it was a good, but your comment was immature and made you seem like a douche, hence why I responded the way I did.
Being a douche or not, I know I'm not the only one who feels the same way. Why get pissed about something you didn't get instead of enjoying the great show that you did get? and yeah you can say why do I get pissed about it at all, but at least in my defense, I'm defending the great shows that most of you saw, rather then defending a set you didn't see.

People get pissed about every setlist by every band ever, that's the internet and life. I can use Devin Townsend as the perfect example. My setlist I got back in October pales in comparison to the setlist of even the next night. but am I complaining, absolutely not because it was my favorite show of all time.

Case in point, again wether I'm a douche or not (that's not the worst I've been called tonight, but that's another story I might share in the general chat...possibly the reason why I made my post earlier) is that. Enjoy what you get, seriously. Unless it was a shitty show, which you can complain all you want if the show sucked, but if it was a great show show. Why bitch about it?
Old 11-09-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
The Panda beat gif reposted might show that you are more disappointed then you are leading on...
Well... yeah. Like I said, I loved the set I got. But Deliverance has always been my favorite song. So the first time I finally get to see Opeth, they are playing Deliverance on every date up until my tour. Then I don't get it on my tour. Then as soon as my tour is over, they start playing it again.

Yes. The panda sums up my inner feelings pretty well.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:46 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Well... yeah. Like I said, I loved the set I got. But Deliverance has always been my favorite song. So the first time I finally get to see Opeth, they are playing Deliverance on every date up until my tour. Then I don't get it on my tour. Then as soon as my tour is over, they start playing it again.

Yes. The panda sums up my inner feelings pretty well.
If it makes you feel any better, I've seen Opeth twice and I've yet to see Deliverance live. I've seen Master's Apprentice and Wreath, but never Deliverance. It's my favorite Opeth song tied with Bleak (another one I'll probably never see)

The first time I saw them, I had to leave during the encore, which was The Drapery Falls, and I learned after that Deliverance was the encore song. and during Progressive Nation 2008, they alternated Deliverance with Demon Of The Fall. I got Demon Of The Fall

It sucks. and Depending on when Opeth is coming back, hell I might never see it, but both shows I saw I wouldn't have traded for anything.

For those interested this was the set I saw during the Ghost Reveries Tour:

Quote:
Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
The Baying of the Hounds
Closure
Under the Weeping Moon
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls (Left in the middle
Deliverance Didn't get to see

Last edited by MPF; 11-09-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

I've heard Master's Apprentices
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 11-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Someone just changed the setlist online to the one for the US tour. I'll keep you all updated if anything changes ^__^
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 11-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Altars of Radness

I admit I was a bit disappointed by Opeth's set, but I still enjoyed the show a lot. Hearing "Face of Melinda" (one of my favorite songs) was incredible. I can't deny that I'm jealous of the set from this show though.

But this is good news; now we know that Opeth will be playing more of the old stuff in the future. And didn't somebody mention in another thread that they were planning to come back to the US in the spring?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Someone just changed the setlist online to the one for the US tour. I'll keep you all updated if anything changes ^__^
Damn... I was hoping that they might keep some of those songs for future tours.

Last edited by treghet; 11-09-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:01 AM
False love turned to pure hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I'm seeing them in London and shat my pants over that fake set

Tags
opeth