Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014
Styx -- Peachtree City, GA -- September 27th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Seventhzealot's Avatar
Seventhzealot Seventhzealot is offline
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 1,771
Why do I feel that this was inevitable?
__________________
A Broken Plane
A Broken Dream
A Broken Heart
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 PM
The Ghost at Number One's Avatar
The Ghost at Number One The Ghost at Number One is offline
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 634
It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that this set list is bullshit.
__________________
__________________

10/30 - King Diamond
12/08 - Opeth / In Flames / Red Fang
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventhzealot View Post
Why do I feel that this was inevitable?
People bitching and moaning? Yeah I saw it coming too.

Come on guys, for those that actually went to the US tour, was it really that bad? Waaaah Mikael only growled for 2 bloodbath covers on the last show, waaaaaah. Opeth songs that are clean vocals and no distortion are just as evil as any Progressive Death metal song they have done in the past, and just as good.

If I could have afforded to go, I would have went and enjoyed every second of the show, and you fuckers got Katatonia as well.

Because trying to be cool, why do you really have to bitch about. Heritage is a great fucking album.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-08-2011, 11:01 PM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
People bitching and moaning? Yeah I saw it coming too.

Come on guys, for those that actually went to the US tour, was it really that bad? Waaaah Mikael only growled for 2 bloodbath covers on the last show, waaaaaah. Opeth songs that are clean vocals and no distortion are just as evil as any Progressive Death metal song they have done in the past, and just as good.

If I could have afforded to go, I would have went and enjoyed every second of the show, and you fuckers got Katatonia as well.

Because trying to be cool, why do you really have to bitch about. Heritage is a great fucking album.
Are you so dense that you couldn't possibly understand why people feel jipped?
__________________
9.28 Sadistic Intent / Morbid Saint
10.20 Raven
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Are you so dense that you couldn't possibly understand why people feel jipped?
From being a fan of Opeth since Deliverance. I guess I must be dense.

The only reason, in my eyes, to feel jipped is because there is some rare songs in the set. But I know that's not why a lot of people are bitching about the set. I see nothing wrong with this set, and I see nothing wrong with the US sets. If anything, the US fans got a very special set because it's probably never going to happen again. As much as Mikael doesn't want to do Death Metal anymore, this current set shows that it's never going to fully go away. Even if it just means playing the songs from the past.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 PM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
People bitching and moaning? Yeah I saw it coming too.

Come on guys, for those that actually went to the US tour, was it really that bad? Waaaah Mikael only growled for 2 bloodbath covers on the last show, waaaaaah. Opeth songs that are clean vocals and no distortion are just as evil as any Progressive Death metal song they have done in the past, and just as good.

If I could have afforded to go, I would have went and enjoyed every second of the show, and you fuckers got Katatonia as well.

Because trying to be cool, why do you really have to bitch about. Heritage is a great fucking album.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Are you so dense that you couldn't possibly understand why people feel jipped?
I don't feel jipped at all. I very much enjoyed their set on the last tour. It was a great experience, and I was completely happy/satisfied with what we were given. If you're going to bitch and moan about the American setlists, than you must not like Opeth as much as you think you do.
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-08-2011, 11:23 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Look, the Opeth concert I saw was great, and I reviewed it and said I loved every second of it and it was amazing, but if this were the setlist instead, it probably would have been even better. End of story. If you call that bitching, than it's bitching. And no one here is a bigger Opeth fan than myself.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Rocco44's Avatar
Rocco44 Rocco44 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 637
Damn, I would have loved that setlist... oh well
__________________
9/15 Agalloch
9/29 Defeater
10/2 ASIWYFA
10/3 Anathema/ Alcest
10/4 Mark Lanegan
11/1 Dax Riggs
11/8 LOG/KSE
12/12 High on Fire
2/22 DT/OG
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-08-2011, 11:25 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Are you so dense that you couldn't possibly understand why people feel jipped?
This. Come on, MPF.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-08-2011, 11:25 PM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
From being a fan of Opeth since Deliverance. I guess I must be dense.

The only reason, in my eyes, to feel jipped is because there is some rare songs in the set. But I know that's not why a lot of people are bitching about the set. I see nothing wrong with this set, and I see nothing wrong with the US sets. If anything, the US fans got a very special set because it's probably never going to happen again. As much as Mikael doesn't want to do Death Metal anymore, this current set shows that it's never going to fully go away. Even if it just means playing the songs from the past.
I not asking you why you think it was a good set. I'm asking you if you can understand why other people wouldn't like it. Do you think your view is the only correct one? Regardless of whether or not it would happen again, some people were going to be disappointed by the set. I'm not saying you're wrong for thinking it was a good, but your comment was immature and made you seem like a douche, hence why I responded the way I did.
__________________
9.28 Sadistic Intent / Morbid Saint
10.20 Raven
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
opeth

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008