Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 11-04-2011, 04:17 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 6,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
And Dillinger is the best live band I've ever seen. You need to catch them in a small club setting if you have the chance, even if you just stand in the back!
The singer accidentally smashed his mic into my friends neck a few years back, so he's had this nasty ass scar as his reminder of how awesome/crazy DEP was.
__________________
Who needs a god when you've got Big Macs?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-04-2011, 04:17 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
How much was the merch for all of the bands? I want to get a Dillinger shirt, I just hope it's not $30 like it was when they were opening for Deftones.
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but it was $30.
__________________
1/2 Pity Sex/Whirr
3/7 Enslaved/Yob
4/17 ELECTRIC FUCKING WIZARD
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-04-2011, 04:21 PM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but it was $30.
Damn it, I think I might buy one anyways depending on the designs. Were all of the bands merch $30?
__________________
12/11 ETID/TGI
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-04-2011, 04:23 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
The singer accidentally smashed his mic into my friends neck a few years back, so he's had this nasty ass scar as his reminder of how awesome/crazy DEP was.
That is so amazing. I wish he would smash me in the face so I had a huge scar running across it like Omar from The Wire or something! SO MUCH WANT
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-04-2011, 04:50 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Damn it, I think I might buy one anyways depending on the designs. Were all of the bands merch $30?
Yeah. My buddy's Red Fang shirt was $30. Glad I got mine at Mayhem Fest, only $20 there.
__________________
1/2 Pity Sex/Whirr
3/7 Enslaved/Yob
4/17 ELECTRIC FUCKING WIZARD
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-04-2011, 06:29 PM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Yeah. My buddy's Red Fang shirt was $30. Glad I got mine at Mayhem Fest, only $20 there.
Damn, I might get a shirt at Chimaira/Unearth/Skeletonwitch instead.
__________________
12/11 ETID/TGI
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-04-2011, 06:46 PM
xStructualDefect's Avatar
xStructualDefect xStructualDefect is offline
.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Yeah. My buddy's Red Fang shirt was $30. Glad I got mine at Mayhem Fest, only $20 there.
$30 for a Red Fang shirt? Damn that's way too much for them. I'm sure you can find their merch for half the price online. Mastodon shirts being at $30 is more reasonable but still overpriced. The only tour shirts I can understand being $30 or more are bands like Metallica, Maiden, Slayer, 'Deth, Priest, etc.
__________________
1.19 Nightwish
2.4 August Burns Red
2.13 Bodom
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-04-2011, 10:17 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
How much was the merch for all of the bands? I want to get a Dillinger shirt, I just hope it's not $30 like it was when they were opening for Deftones.
Probably is, Masto shirts were 30 or 35, not much selection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
$30 for a Red Fang shirt? Damn that's way too much for them. I'm sure you can find their merch for half the price online. Mastodon shirts being at $30 is more reasonable but still overpriced. The only tour shirts I can understand being $30 or more are bands like Metallica, Maiden, Slayer, 'Deth, Priest, etc.
And those are usually 35-40
__________________
Shit
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-04-2011, 11:22 PM
bobbie solo's Avatar
bobbie solo bobbie solo is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 428
the only reason t-shirts should ever be that high is if there are union/venue fees of $5 or more tacked on, which always happens at arena shows. not sure abiut a venue this size though. t-shirts cost less than $10 per shirt to produce for the band/merch company, so a markup like that is highway robbery.
__________________
Whitechapel 11/10
Circa Survive,Title Fight 11/11
Jessica Lee Mayfield 11/18
Slipknot 12/6
Russian Circles,Mutoid Man 12/11
ETID,Architects 12/13
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mastodon, red fang

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008