Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 11-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Bohab

GWAR Frontman Explains Band's Decision To Continue Touring Following Guitarist's Deat

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=165657

I knew GWAR would pull through this. And its awesome that they will be retiring Flattus. Wonder whats in store for the new character.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Bohab

I know someone posted this in the cory smoot dead topic but i think its fair to have a seperate one for this story,.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:12 PM
N00B

As i said in the other thread RIP and i was very saddend from the news yesterday. But after thinking about this all day long, i had some thoughts i wanted to share.

I'm a RN who has worked in an ICU/Trauma unit for a few years. I got out of critical care nursing because of the stress and sorrow i dealt with daily....particularly with families of kids and young middle aged men and women with families. When i heard the news yesterday, i just didn't see how GWAR could just pick up and go on. I have tickets for the Denver show in a couple weeks and although bummed, totally would have understood.

I have a 8 (almost 9) year old son. So far in his life i have taken him to see Iron Maiden, Amon Amarth, Anthrax, and others. He'll also be going with me to see GWAR in a couple weeks. When some people hear me tell them i take my son to these shows, i get alot of negative comments and how inappropriate it is. The times i have mentioned it here, i get great feedback

My point being this.....I have seen enough death and hurt families that i refuse to not enjoy every f'n day on this earth with my boy and wife. If that means taking him to see Death Angel, screw what everyone else thinks. I'm humbled at GWAR's decision to carry on. I'm sure as not only a way of honoring their fellow mate, but for their own grieving process. I prepared my son last night for the show to be canceled and he was bummed.....but again, i expected nothing less since i deal with grieving families and friends alot.

So here's to you GWAR You'll be making a 8 year old boy in Denver happy as hell in a couple weeks. My respect just went through the roof for these guys. Total class act for thinking not only about what their fallen mate would have wanted, but also their fans!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:42 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahj View Post

My point being this.....I have seen enough death and hurt families that i refuse to not enjoy every f'n day on this earth with my boy and wife. If that means taking him to see Death Angel, screw what everyone else thinks.
You're awesome