Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-04-2011, 02:16 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Viva Le Vox -- Capistrano Beach, CA -- November 3rd, 2011

I was suppose to see Viva Le Vox at the Redwood Bar last night, but things came up, so I wasn't able to make it. I was really looking forward to seeing them come back to CA because I've been obsessed with them for a while. Well, I've been having a pretty shitty week, avoiding doing anything, so I figured I was just going to stay in tonight and talk to no one. Around 8pm or so, I thought about seeing where the VLV show tonight was. I found out it was only 55 miles away. I sat for about 30 or 40 minutes debating with myself if I was going to actually get in my car and drive an hour to see them play. At 8:50, I called up the bar they were playing at, Coconuts, and found out the show was free and that VLV was setting up and would probably go on at 9:30. I ran to my car and took off as fast as I could. I hit my friend up to come with me and he was ready to go when I picked him up a few minutes later and we raced down to Dana Point to see the show. I figured I was going to miss some of the band, but the bar advertised cheap ass drinks, so I figured it would be a fun night no matter what.

After getting lost a few times, we arrive at the bar around 10:15 to hear nothing really going on inside. I was really worried that I missed the band, but noticed the equipment set up. I saw the singer and went up and asked him whats going on. He told me they hadn't gone on yet because they didn't have a PA for the show, so they were waiting on that to come. I was relieved that I didn't just waste my time driving for nothing. My friend and I got a few drinks and sat near the stage waiting for the show to start. Well...we sat and drank and sat and drank some more..for over two hours. Time seemed to go by soo slow, but I was determined to wait it out and see VLV. Around midnight, I asked the drummer if they were going to still play and he said they would no matter what. Finally, at 12:25, they began their set and played until 1:05am. They played as a two piece band. Guitars/vocals and drums. The bassist and accordion player weren't there this time. It literally felt like I was watching a private show, set up just for me. I was sitting at a table that was 10 feet in front of the stage. There were about 15 people in the bar, but 12 of them were sitting at the bar and weren't paying any attention to the band. My friend had no idea who they were, so he just sat and watched. There was a random girl watching too. I really felt like I was the only one who knew the band It makes me sad to see a band I love not get the respect they deserve. Well despite the shitty circumstance, they played one hell of a 40 minute set. There were a bunch of songs that weren't on the cds that they played, but every song sounded awesome!! I was happy as hell to hear them play Basking in the Twilight and Wayward Ones. The band thanked me after the show for coming out to see them. I asked if they could play in Pomona next time they came to CA cause it was closer to me and they told me to email them the name of the cities closest to me and they would come back and play one of them for me Tonight seriously made up for my shitty week.

Bloodstained
Cardiovascular
Better Off Dead
??????
Wayward Ones
Down at the Laundromat
Ballad of a Broken Man
Basking in the Twilight
Hopetank?

Tags
viva le vox