The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-01-2011, 01:51 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Danzig Legacy -- Los Angeles, CA -- October 31st, 2011

Tonight was a show I've been waiting to see since I was 10 years old. The biggest dream tour for me was to see Danzig play a set of Misfits and Samhain songs. I have missed the random shows over the years where Danzig played a few songs from each band. I finally got my chance tonight at the Gibson at Universal Studios. I bought pit tickets right when they went on sale and have been waiting for this day for months. I left my house at 5:40 for Universal Studios. We arrived around 6:45 and went and grabbed some food at Taco Bell real quick. I went back to my car and saw my friends just happened to park two spots away. We all went inside and grabbed some drinks. Over the course of the next hour, I drank 4 cups of Jack cause the bartenders were awesome and gave me lots of booze. I felt real good, real quick.

Asesino went on at 7:45 and played for 30 minutes. It was definitely weird seeing them perform at such a big ass venue. I walked up to the pit and there were a few dozen people there, so I was able to comfortably be about 10 feet from the band. I was annoyed when they did their Slayer cover. I like to think of Asesino as the comedy Mexican Death Metal band who only speaks in Spanish. Seeing them go to English really ruins it for me for the moment. They ended with Asesino and left at 8:15. I knew every songs played, but I don't want to look up the songs right now to post. I'll ask my friend to tell me tomorrow...

COC was up next. I saw them play their hardcore set last year, so I knew what to expect. They were fucking awesome!! They played a full set as far as I know. I was pretty drunk at this point so I don't remember too much. They went on around 8:45 and played until 9:30. I'll post the set when I get it from my friend.

Danzig went on at 10pm and played until midnight. HOLY FUCK!!!!! It was amazing!!! I was two people behind the rail the entire time. It was amazing being that close for my first Danzig concert!!! I sang along to every song he played. I was very happy to finally see How the Gods Kill lives. The lights went out after It's Coming Down and the Danzig backdrop turned into a Samhain backdrop. We all eagerly awaited as Initium was played over the speakers for the first note of Samhain. The crowd went crazy!! I had a big ass grin as I finally got to see an actual Samhain concert. It was seriously an unreal experience. I never thought in my life that I would be able to witness the amazingness that Danzig was apart of during the late 80s. I am so grateful I was able to see it. I really wish it would've been a few songs longer, but some Samhain >> no Samhain. I would've loved to seen Archangel, Black Dream or November's Fire. As soon as Samhain was done, the lights went out again. The Samhain backdrop was replaced by the Crimson Ghost. After a long and eerie intro, Doyle walked out and everyone screamed for joy. They quickly went into Death Comes Ripping and Vampira. The crowd was moving, but I noticed not many people were singing along. As soon as Danzig began singing the first note of Bullet, the audience seriously went fuckin batshit insane!! I don't think Danzig needed to sing that song at all cause the entire audience was screaming along to it. It was magical. They played a few more songs I wasn't surprised they played Halloween for Halloween but it was epic to see at the same time. They ended with Last Caress. Everyone went crazy again, but not as crazy as they did for Bullet. Danzig came back after a few minutes and did three solo songs. After Mother, there was a 5 to 10 minute wait, then the band came back with Doyle to play Skulls. I was really happy to hear Skulls as well. The crowd again went crazy, but Bullet was still the highlight of the night!!

SkinCarver
Hammer of the Gods
Rebel Spirits
Twist of Cain
Her Black Wings
Devil's Plaything
How the Gods Kill
Dirty Black Summer
It's Coming Down

Samhain:
Initium / Samhain
All Murder, All Guts, All Fun
Horror Biz
Unholy Passion
Let the Day Begin
To Walk the Night
Mother of Mercy

w/ Doyle:
Death Comes Ripping
Vampira
Bullet
I Turned Into A Martian
Night of the Living Dead
Halloween
Astro Zombies
Last Caress
---------
Bringer of Death
Not of This World
Mother
---------
Skulls

Overall, epic fucking show!! I'm still drunk and passing out.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:26 AM
N00B

Following a Misfits set with a 10 min version of Bringer Of Death sucked the life out of the crowd. Where I was even Mother wasn't particularly exciting. And the 7 minute encore break preceding a 2 minute version of Skulls was about the rudest thing I have ever seen a performer do.

But it was a good show.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Is this coming to Toronto? I would love to see this tour.

*EDIT* Nevermind, I just checked out his official site.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 11-01-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:21 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Great review, man!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:15 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Great review, man!
This
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-01-2011, 11:17 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
This
SEP IS ALIVE!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Slow, Deep And Hard

Epic show was epic.

I wanted more of everything. The crowd response to The Misfits material was unreal. Glad to see Glenn can still pack the house.

Funny, the first time I ever saw Danzig was at the legendary Irvine Meadows Halloween show in 1994. And now here I am seeing him 17 years later to the day. Also odd, Type O Negative opened that show, and now Johnny is playing drums for Glenn.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijwthstd View Post
Following a Misfits set with a 10 min version of Bringer Of Death sucked the life out of the crowd. Where I was even Mother wasn't particularly exciting. And the 7 minute encore break preceding a 2 minute version of Skulls was about the rudest thing I have ever seen a performer do.

But it was a good show.
I didn't even notice that Bringer of Death was so long. It just faded into Not of This World pretty well. Leave it up to Danzig to make us wait forever just to hear one last songs. I started singing Come Back in hopes people around me would start chanting in, but no one was cool enough
Old 11-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Chris,I hate u for this.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
Chris,I hate u for this.
<3

Tags
asesino, corrosion of conformity, danzig, samhain