Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-29-2011, 05:33 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmudan View Post
By the way, jd how do you get your pictures to go directly into your post? I would like to be able to do the same. Thanks in advance for helping me.
Yeah, like Manks said, use the "Insert Image" button on the post options and enter the URL of your image. They need to be uploaded elsewhere online first (photobucket, facebook, etc) so you can copy the URL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
But if you photos look like the ones above, you probably shouldn't bother
Hey, you filthy lobsterback, I thought they looked fine!

Quote:
Anyone else concerned about how skinny Mikael looks these days? I have never seen him so skinny. I hope he doesn't have a drug problem. His arms were crazy skinny. Anyone else notice that? I would hate to lose another great musician but I am probably totally jumping to conclusions. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders but you never know.
Yeah, that was actually the first thing I noticed when he walked out, and forgot to mention it. He was joking about drugs earlier in the show, saying something about getting completely wasted on heroin and cocaine since they were huge rockstars, then the next song had this big talk with us saying he didn't actually do drugs other than alcohol. He does considers himself a semi-alcoholic. He said he smoked pot once, and that day he ended up "pouring an entire bottle of vodka down the owner of Century Media's throat", so he didn't do it again. I think I believe him there; what reason would he have to lie?
Old 10-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Mendez was baked

Great show from beginning to end. Opeth didn't bore me for one second and it was great to see one of my favorite bands again. I've waited two and a half years to see them again, and I can't complain about a single thing. The Throat of Winter ended up being pretty cool, I thought. Definitely better than expected. Some highlights for me would be A Fair Judgement (One of my favorite Opeth songs), Closure, Nepenthe, Face of Melinda, everything, really. The Devil's Orchard was also pretty awesome live. Can't wait for my next chance to see these guys.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
Mendez was baked
Yeah, but he made that jump off the drum stand!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:31 PM
N00B

I want to believe him. Maybe be needs to smoke up with Mendez so he can put some meat on hid bones via the munchies. he seriously looked like a heroin addict he was so skinny but I agree it is unlikely he is. Hopefully he doesn't have something going on with anorexia like James Malone from Arsis. He really loioked that skinny to me.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
I want to believe him. Maybe be needs to smoke up with Mendez so he can put some meat on hid bones via the munchies. he seriously looked like a heroin addict he was so skinny but I agree it is unlikely he is. Hopefully he doesn't have something going on with anorexia like James Malone from Arsis. He really loioked that skinny to me.
He's not THAT skinny, really. He was chubby two years ago and had a gut, maybe he tried to lose weight or something? Who knows, really, but I wouldn't think anything of it at all, personally.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Nice review. I saw Thin Lizzy at The Vic and really no matter where you stand its a great view.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:50 PM
N00B

I agree with you, I was really blown away from Axenrot's drum solo. He had an almost jazzy feel in the beginning (sounded like some of Neil Peart's drum solo) before totally kicking ass. Definitely the best drum solo I've seen outside of a Rush concert.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:22 PM
N00B

Nice review, man. The Vic is a cool intimate venue. O love that small dance floor that's only about 5 rows deep. I've seen one show @ The Vic. It was in 2002 - Machine Head w/ 3rd Strike & Darwins Waiting Room on the SUPERCHARGER tour.
2/9 MH
2/18 STYG
2/27 For Today
Old 11-01-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindeets View Post
Nice review, man. The Vic is a cool intimate venue. O love that small dance floor that's only about 5 rows deep. I've seen one show @ The Vic. It was in 2002 - Machine Head w/ 3rd Strike & Darwins Waiting Room on the SUPERCHARGER tour.
I wouldn't want to see a moshing show at that venue, the floor was way too small.

Tags
katatonia, opeth