Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Old 04-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Best

Clutch - I have seen them over ten times and rarely have I seen many repeat songs. I Electric Worry and Mob Goes Wild were ones that have showed up a couple times. However, I have also been treated to greats like Red Horse Rainbow, Dragonfly, Big News I and II, Spacegrass, Texan Book of the Dead, Rock n Roll Outlaw, Soapmakers, Walking the great shining path of Monster Trucks, Easy Breeze, Raised by Horses, Basket of Eggs, 12 oz epilogue, Binge and Purge(granted I have not heard it since 96 I think they stopped playing cause it once caused a riot or something), Oregon, Hoodoo Operator, Elephant Riders, Slow Hole to China, Sea of Destruction, and Piledriver(amongst many others).

Worst

ACDC - Way too much Black Ice but it was the first time I saw them so I was not bored to tears.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned Asshole

best - No one has mentioned Machine Head yet. Like Metallica, they have their core songs and always rotate another bunch in and out. Every night it changes. Plus they are AMAZING.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:53 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Bored, I'll stir up an old topic. I can only rate bands I know well.

BEST

1) Metallica - Just look at their shows since 2004. You're guarantedd AT LEAST 4-5 different songs every night. And every few shows, they play a truly rare song. I love it.

2) Cannibal Corpse - They don't do a great job of mixing it up on tour, they usually only switch 2-3 songs, but each tour they'll play considerable stuff they didn't the time before. Like their tour in Spring 2010, they broke out 'Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains.' I can't even tell you the last time they played that song.

3) Misery Index - I don't know a whole lot about these guys, but I filmed them in 2009, and when I tracked the show and compared to a buddy who filmed them a few days prior, there were about 4 changes. Another friend who is a huge fan says these guys consistently change up the set.

4) Trivium - I saw them 3x in '09. Granted they were different timed sets (1 headlining, 1 main opener, 1 Mayhem Fest), so obviously a different amount of tracks. But, I noticed some good variation. And they broke out some tunes from The Crusade on their last tour, which I have a massive to.

WORST

1) Slayer - They started to get better in 2007, when they broke out some old tunes that hadn't seen light in a while. Bitter Peace, Ghosts of War, Live Undead. I was very happy about that. But since then, nothing out of the ordinary, same 12-14 songs, w/ maybe 3-4 different ones rotated in for each tour. And it seems they'll never switch up a setlist during a tour.

2) Slipknot - Same as Slayer. Will never switch up a setlist on tour. Also, they have never played the 2 best songs from 'All Hope Is Gone' (Gematria, title track).

3) Malevolent Creation - Was shocked to see them change a few songs in the 2 shows I saw of their's last week. They typically don't change anything. ALmost guaranteed the same 8-10 songs, w/ a couple not rare, just not as popular tunes rotated in.

4) Megadeth - Same reasons people have mentioned. Happy they played RIP in it's entirety, but besides that, not much has changed in the past few years.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 02-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post

WORST

1) Slayer - They started to get better in 2007, when they broke out some old tunes that hadn't seen light in a while. Bitter Peace, Ghosts of War, Live Undead. I was very happy about that. But since then, nothing out of the ordinary, same 12-14 songs, w/ maybe 3-4 different ones rotated in for each tour. And it seems they'll never switch up a setlist during a tour.
I was happy to see them play Seasons on that last tour they did with Megadeth and Anthrax. It's one of their better albums in my opinion, and I'm pro seeing a band play an album in its entirety rather than seeing a setlist of hits. Angel of Death and Raining Blood are givens, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
4) Megadeth - Same reasons people have mentioned. Happy they played RIP in it's entirety, but besides that, not much has changed in the past few years.
Well, on that Endgame tour they played quite a few off the new album, which was a fabulous album so I was happy with that. I wish they'd played it in full to be honest. They switched up the encores a bit on that last stretch in '10, playing Head Crusher, How The Story Ends, Trust, etc... which aren't typical encores, at least not to my knowledge. But when they play Rust in Peace, we get a few songs that would normally be encores in the regular set.
I think on a few shows they actually did a Holy Wars reprise in the encore set. They might have done that at the show I went to, actually.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:34 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Well, on that Endgame tour they played quite a few off the new album, which was a fabulous album so I was happy with that. I wish they'd played it in full to be honest. They switched up the encores a bit on that last stretch in '10, playing Head Crusher, How The Story Ends, Trust, etc... which aren't typical encores, at least not to my knowledge.

Shoot, didn't realize that

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 03-19-2011, 01:08 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

They were mentioned once, but I think they deserve another mention. But Children of Bodom.
I've seen them 3 times in a span of about 3 years and only have seen a total of about 10 songs
Old 10-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
They were mentioned once, but I think they deserve another mention. But Children of Bodom.
I've seen them 3 times in a span of about 3 years and only have seen a total of about 10 songs
This
/thread digup