Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI- October 20, 2014
Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014

Old 10-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Ugh, are there really that many people who don't like Cryptic Writings all of a sudden?

On "New World Order" now and it's fairly good, for a re-do.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I'm gonna wait till it comes out here this Friday to listen to it but how different are Black Swan, Sudden Death, Millennium of the Blind, and New World Order from the versions that have been previously released?

Still think putting them on a new album is lame even though New World Order in it's original form is awesome.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 10-24-2011, 12:51 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
I'm gonna wait till it comes out here this Friday to listen to it but how different are Black Swan, Sudden Death, Millennium of the Blind, and New World Order from the versions that have been previously released?
Millennium is AWESOME! Easily one of the best tracks for me. Black Swan is fairly good too. Sudden Death has slight tweaks.

OH! And New World Order is pretty much the same, just best production, great song. I give the album a 8/10, on par with Endgame for me.

Last edited by Butcher of Birth; 10-24-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:05 AM
Concert Veteran

I've heard the new Megadeth twice and it's a decent album but nothing more. The songs are passable material but that's it. Over the last ten years Megadeth would always have like four or five really good standout songs on their albums then the rest would be just OK. Well, that's what this album mainly is, Megadeth doing a bunch of their OK songs.

As i've said before on here, they toured the world for over two years and should've taken a break before releasing anything new. You can hear that this album was just thrown together so they could give the record company something. They should've just released a live album and took a break until next summer.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I've heard the new Megadeth twice and it's a decent album but nothing more. The songs are passable material but that's it. Over the last ten years Megadeth would always have like four or five really good standout songs on their albums then the rest would be just OK. Well, that's what this album mainly is, Megadeth doing a bunch of their OK songs.

As i've said before on here, they toured the world for over two years and should've taken a break before releasing anything new. You can hear that this album was just thrown together so they could give the record company something. They should've just released a live album and took a break until next summer.
Exactly. I made almost same comment in album review section on here. The word I used to describe this album best would be "rushed".
Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

I feel they rushed it because they were both excited to get back with Junior, I mean it's a huge deal, and then to finally get off contract with Roadrunner. If the latter is true, then you can assume that they will tour this album with Gigantour, one headline run, a classic album thing, take a break, and finally release the LAST album with a writing process that is clear headed and not confronted with so much stuff as this album was.

Make sense?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
I feel they rushed it because they were both excited to get back with Junior, I mean it's a huge deal, and then to finally get off contract with Roadrunner. If the latter is true, then you can assume that they will tour this album with Gigantour, one headline run, a classic album thing, take a break, and finally release the LAST album with a writing process that is clear headed and not confronted with so much stuff as this album was.

Make sense?
Yeah, that makes sense. I didn't know this was their last album with Roadrunner. But couldn't they have got out of the contract just as easily by releasing a live album or another best of compilation instead of rushing a new album?

With Ellefson being back most fans probably have way bigger expectations than what this album brings.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yeah, that makes sense. I didn't know this was their last album with Roadrunner. But couldn't they have got out of the contract just as easily by releasing a live album or another best of compilation instead of rushing a new album?
Yeah I was thinking that too, but there really isn't a show filmed to be released. Blood in the Water doesn't have Junior in it, so there goes that one, plus another greatest hit album would invoke to much fury from me!