Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL -- July 24th, 2014
Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-23-2011, 09:50 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Judas Priest -- Devore, CA -- October 22nd, 2011

That is all I can truly say about last night at the glen Hellen Pavallion in Devore CA...PRIEST WAS FUCKING AMAZING. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. I was totally and completley blown away by their performance. The new guy was just fucking RAW as hell! Loved him, and the rest of the band was tight and so on point. And Robs voice was orgasmic in the most metal way you can possibly think of, and those that disagree can fuck off. Alright now lets get this shit goin.....

So I had work yesterday from 8 in the morning till 5:30pm. After that I literally JETTED back home so I can take a shower, get my game face goin and head out to san bernadino to see the legendary brothers in priest. after about an hour changing and what not, I finally headed to the glen hellen pavallion. With all the shitty traffic and stops-n-go's I didn't get to the venue till about 7:50ish pm. After I got to my spot in the parking lot I thought it would be nice to treat my self for a little session after a long day at work and the rock n rolla to come

So yeah, I ended up missing thin Lizzy which was a big + for me because I could give 2 shits about the boys that were back in town. I came to see PRIEST YOU FUCKS. Anyways...Once I got in the venue, I could here BLS setting their shit up. I donno how it was for others, but at my show Thin Lizzy came on stage first....then black label society.

Unfortunately I missed all of Black Label Society because I was in line for an entire fucking hour....trying to get a bottle of water and a goddamn bag of chips. I hadn't eatin or drinkin' any foods or liquids since I woke up to go to work so i was in weak-sauce-dizzy mode so i had to chomp and sink my stomach wit somethin' before headin to see MUTHA FUCKIN PRIEST, MUTHA FUCKA.

The Band literally finished as I was making my way into the pit/seating area. And holy shit....Talk about being soooooooo close. I have seen Priest twice on the british steel tour and the metal masters tour...but this was the closest I had ever been at a priest show. My seat was the very first seat in the very front row on the first bottom level of the Orchestra Pit..So I WAS RIGHT NEXT TO THE FUCKING BAND. W00t w00!!!!. They had the pit floor split into two...I'm 100% sure they only did this to prevent moshpits from happening because they had the pit floor split in a way were it was literally IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to start a moshpit. Basically half of the floor was a pit and the other half was entirely made up of seats(which is where I was at) Which is funny because the Seat that I was in for this show was the same exact spot at Mayhem fest 2009 where I was getting my ass kicked by skin heads during Slayers Performance...Also, for mayhem fest 2009 that whole floor was just a huge pit floor...where as last nights show the floor was split into two floors. A small ass half assed pit that could fit maybe 100-200 people? And the rest was made up of seats. But all in all It didn't bother me at all. But I think the show would have been better suited for something like the Long Beach Arena or something....

Anyways. Judas Priest came on stage around 9:40 and played till midnight, which was awesome because they played "Living After Midnight" at around 11:50ish so it was just so perfect to end the show like that! They sounded fucking incredible, LOUD AND HEAVY AS FUCK. I urge anyone who hasn't seen this tour yet or those that are lucky to not have it be stopped in their destinations yet to PLEASE, PLEASE GO SEE THEM. Fuckin' A, if they were playing at the universal studio gibson show I would have hit that place up quicker than 2 dollar sluts trying to cop a bag of crack. It's a damn shame they had to cancel the Gibson show because I would have went to that show as well.

It was a real treat seeing them dig deep inside their discography and pulling out songs like Victims of Changes, Starbreaker, The sentinel, Blood Red Skies. When the ROCK A ROLLA cover appeared in the backround I was fucking shitting bricks. AND BOOM, THE OPENING RIFF FOR "Never satisfied" starts and well...... this face pretty much sums it up. Painkiller sounded so much more heavier, raw and did I mention heavier live? Hearing Painkiller made the album version look like listening to something that came off Radio-Disney for kids. Basically to sum it up, PAINKILLER WAS FUCKING BRUTAL AND HEAVY LIVE, YOU MOTHER FUCKERS.

Did I mention Priests show felt...long? By the time Electric Eye was finished I was saying to my self "Jesus Christ, THEY'RE STILL HERE. YES!!!! YES!!!". Especially after seeing them the last two times. Both times their sets were under an hour and 30 minutes. Hell, at the metal Masters tour they got cut short so we only got like 13 songs

Not the case for last night

Anyways, After Living after midnight finished, I decided to stay untill all the members had left the stage. I usually dart the fuck out during any bands last song but seeing how I might never see priest...or just not for a really long fucking time..I decided to stick around till the very end.

Anways i'm over this rant. Those that Cant' stand shitty spelling and horrific grammar, keep out of this thread(that includes you bobby solo ) But for those that keep it real and got love for the sep man(like the love I gives back to all his metal brothers iN METAL SETLIST)...I WELCOME YOU..

Glad to be back. Been gone for awhile. Good week for music. I saw Portishead 3 days ago and Judas Priest last night. EPIC win on my part. Peace out folks. Keep it real, keep it metal....And keep real hip hop alive.
- SEP 69

EDIT: I would also like to note that Hearing Beyond the Realms of Death is something I will never forget...best part of the night for me hands down, the atmosphere these guys brought during that song was just beautiful...almost put a tear to my eye.

Long live Judas Priest.

Rapid Fire
Metal Gods
Heading Out to the Highway
Judas Rising
Starbreaker
Victim of Changes
Never Satisfied
Diamonds & Rust
(Joan Baez cover)
Dawn Of Creation
Prophecy
Night Crawler
Turbo Lover
Beyond the Realms of Death
The Sentinel
Blood Red Skies
The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)
(Fleetwood Mac cover)
Breaking the Law
Painkiller

Encore:
The Hellion
Electric Eye
Hell Bent for Leather
You've Got Another Thing Comin'

Encore 2:
Living After Midnight
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 10-23-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

where the fuck have you been, son
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 10-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Did you really need to use quite so many words to say "I came"?

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
Old 10-23-2011, 10:52 AM
N00B

That was an amazing review!

I missed you Sep!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:26 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
That was an amazing review!

I missed you Sep!
Thank you my Persian Brother. Keep the nation of Iran alive and well with nice metal moshin' mayhem.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 10-23-2011, 11:33 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Thank you my Persian Brother. Keep the nation of Iran alive and well with nice metal moshin' mayhem.
Will do man

I can't wait till this tour comes here December 1st. It'll be my first Priest show
Old 10-23-2011, 11:53 AM

Really disappointed I couldn't make this show. Damn..
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 10-24-2011, 11:18 AM
somebody somewhere

It was awesome as Priest always is.So many highlights in this set.Painkiller was so sick with the lasers,smoke,etc,and Halford pulled off the vocals perfectly.I've seen these guys five times now,kinda bummed I probably won't see them again.I've been a fan since around 1983,so this was special for me.Hats off to Richie for fitting in perfectly.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

I am beyond excited for this show. This Saturday is my Judas Priest date, sadly it's the night after one of my bands shows, so I'm going to be destroyed and tired...but whatever, ITS PRIEST!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Kneeling Whaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post

So yeah, I ended up missing thin Lizzy which was a big + for me because I could give 2 shits about the boys that were back in town.

Unfortunately I missed all of Black Label Society because I was in line for an entire fucking hour....trying to get a bottle of water and a goddamn bag of chips.
Looks like you could give 2 shits about watching some fat drunk beardo deep-dick his geetar too. PHIL LYNOTT YOU FUCK. lol

Nice review aside from that

Tags
judas priest