Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 10-22-2011, 02:09 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Anthrax -- Independence, MO -- October 21st, 2011

Surprising that the god awful radio station in KC for the first time is having a decent Freakers Ball show. I think Motorhead did it a few years ago but outside of that it's been pretty forgetable. Sadly Five Finger Death Punch was the headliner followed by Anthrax, Hatebreed and some crappy local. When there is complaining about the Anthrax set this is the reason why. I'd have rather seen Anthrax headline but didn't want to go all the way to Wichita on a Thursday night so this would have to do.

First off for the few on here who live in the KC area the Independence Event Center is a pretty nice arena. It only has 1 level so it's not a huge arena but still a good size. I was expecting somewhat of a dump but was really wrong, beautiful place and even w/ atleast a 100 people in line in front of me I was inside within minutes. The best part was the people who came in costume. Without a doubt my costume of the night was someone dressed up like a sock monkey. There had to have been 20 people get pics taken w/ him, there was also a Pee Wee Herman w/ a plastic dick on the outside of his costume was a close 2nd, sadly alot of FFDP costumes as well but it's KC, I have come to expect that. Opener was a crappy KC local who sounded better when I was not near them.

Hatebreed
Unbelievable. Now the 9th time seeing Hatebreed as I have seen them the most out of any other band. Tons of energy as always. Alot of good sized pits around me. IMO I think Jamey is one of the best frontmen out there even if you like them or not. "If I see you standing still you must be a Broncos fan." Might have been my favorite comment of his. They did just what they were there for get the crowd fired up and they did just that. I'm not sure what they've played for the regular tour w/ FFDP & ATR but they got more songs than what I was expecting to see. I might have been missing a song or 2 but I'm positive these songs were played. First few songs @ the beginning are correct and last few songs at the end were correct. Middle songs might be out of order a little. Slight disapointment getting only 1 song from Satisfaction album is just not right. Getting Smash Your Enemies is quite a treat. Everything is was alright. Would have liked atleast 2-3 from Satisfaction but I suppose unrealistic to think they'd be playing older ones in a primarily FFDP / Anthrax crowd. To my memory they probably got between 30-40 minutes.***Edit***I forgot the coolest part of the Hatebreed set. Their intro music when coming out onstage was the Fox Sports music that is played during the football games. I wouldn't have thought it would be so cool but damn it sure was the shit!!!!

Everyone Bleeds Now
Never Let It Die
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Betrayed by Life
As Diehard as They Come
Smash Your Enemies
To The Threshold
Proven
Live for This
Tear It Down
I Will Be Heard
Destroy Everything

Anthrax
This was my main reason for going seeing that their current tour bypassed KC area. Hopefully someday I will actually get to see do a headline set. I've now had to see them play support for Rob Zombie & FFDP and then play for about 60-70 minutes @ Rocklahoma a few years ago when Dan Nelson was in the band for 15 minutes. I still feel cheated never to get to see them w/ Bush atleast once. Even w/ a greatest hits set and a couple new songs I still had the time of my life and my neck will not be the same for a few days. They were absolutely amazing. Everybody seemed so much happier even than when they got back w/ Joey the first time. The new songs sounded great. Wish that we would have atleast got Earth Is On Hell but hopefully next year there will be another NA tour. He blows my mind every time but Franky Bello absolutely blows my mind every time I see him. Nobody looks like he has more fun than him, never standing still just a wildman on stage. Only times where the crowd seemed uninterested is during Antisocial & Only. Only time I ever even hear those songs is when I've seen them live and they just seem to bore the hell out of the crowd. It was fun b/c we actually were able to get 2 War Dances during Indians which was easily the highlight of the night for me. It was also a welcome sight that all of the kids & bros who were there fighting during Hatebreed were quiet during Anthrax just as I had hoped. Sucks they didn't get to play long (maybe 45-50 mins I'm guessing) but I've had to wait 3 years and another 2 years to see them play so I was not complaining. Set is correct and in order:

Caught in a Mosh
Got the Time
Fight 'Em Till You Can't
Madhouse
Antisocial
The Devil You Know
Indians
Only
I Am The Law

Five Finger Death Punch
Uhhh... I will try to be nice and subjective and not have this turn into the last FFDP thread. As much as I don't care for them all that much sans a few songs here and there I was quite surprised at how popular these guys really are. Their stage was one of the coolest looking stages I have seen for a small arena show. Cool LED screens and the brightest lights I have ever seen on a stage. I was waiting for an airplane to land inside the arena, they were that bright. Crowd was just losing their minds for them and that's what I was more shocked by than anything else. I stayed for 5 songs and was ready to leave as I was worn out from Anthrax. I did find the humor in Ivan saying that their new album outsold Lil Wayne. Don't know if thats true but it was funny to me. Kind of a fail when he talked about sharing the stage w/ the "original" Anthrax lineup but I doubt their fans would know the difference anyway. Sadly it seems that they will only continue to get bigger. It is what it is I guess. Partial set:

Under And Over It
Salvation
American Capitalist
Hard To See
Way Of The Fist

Very enjoyable show. Shame Anthrax couldn't headline but of course we all know it's about album sales. Got some pretty good pics of Hatebreed & Anthrax. Just got pics of FFDP stage as I didn't feel like getting that close to Knuckleheads. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=580f3ae6c7 Thanks for reading.

Last edited by 300%_Density; 10-22-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:33 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

SMASH YOUR FUCKING ENEMIES!

Old 10-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

So who else thinks 5FDP is a joke?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:40 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
So who else thinks 5FDP is a joke?
Oh god, here we go again. I'm not restating what I've said, like, 5 times already.

EDIT: I didn't see that second one. You... troll!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

I AT HAMMERWEEN NAO

Y U NO HERE

The Roman Holiday is playing right now and they're FROM INDEPENDENCE OMG
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 10-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Man, I'm not even a big Anthrax fan and it still depresses the hell out of me that they're opening for those Five Finger Death Punch meatheads.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Man, I'm not even a big Anthrax fan and it still depresses the hell out of me that they're opening for those Five Finger Death Punch meatheads.
The fact that they called the current lineup is the original lineup makes it even worse.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I AT HAMMERWEEN NAO

Y U NO HERE

The Roman Holiday is playing right now and they're FROM INDEPENDENCE OMG
After all those years of you ducking me I am now ducking you son!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:57 PM

Made brief edit in Hatebreed set that was the coolest part of their set.

Tags
anthrax, five finger death punch, hatebreed