Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-16-2011, 04:32 PM
N00B

LOL I really set myself up for the "ass railed" comment... Good one

The sound at Congress is generally always shitty. If you want good sound in Chicago House of Blues is by far the best but I will say the sound last night for Anthrax was worse than last week for Danzig. I got to hear Death Angel sound check and if you were up close you could not hear the vocals at all which is really sad as Mark Osegueda can still sing well and they never got the vocals to improve until the end of their set. Sound was a little but not a lot better for Testament and Anthrax but in generaly I have low expectations for Congress and view it as the worst live venue in Chicago for sound.

Here are the actual setlists with the picks I got from each band and my pictures from last night.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49161658@N03/
Old 10-16-2011, 04:33 PM
N00B

typo: in general
Old 10-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

The only show I've seen at the Congress is the All Stars Tour this summer and personally the bands didn't really sound bad. There were some minor problems here and there but overall wasn't that bad.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Pissed I forgot about this show. Easily could have pulled off Chicago on a Saturday the day after pay day. Fuck.
Yeah, I actually had a ticket to this show and missed it. Could not possibly be more pissed. So, now I am considering hitting the Milwaukee show. It is also on a Saturday but would be quite the drive. Ah, life sucks sometimes....

Also, I have only been to the Congress once and it is definitely on the short list for worst venue in Chicago. I used to think it was the worst until I went to a show at Logan Square Auditorium.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:55 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
What you need to keep in mind is that there are a lot of people who have never seen them with Joey or haven't seen Anthrax live in like 20 years who will be coming to see these shows. That's why certian songs are always gonna get played. Even though some songs are staples when you experience them live you get why they're played all the time.

That being said, I think if they bust out anything from their first four albums with Joey or off SOWN it would get a great response.
Plus the fact they were co-headlining probably cut down on the set time (and songs) too. I missed the show myself unfortunately, but judging by the amount of songs they played how long was the set: 75 mins?

Even when they “solo” headline Anthrax hardly ever plays over 90 mins anymore. I saw them three times on the first Joey reunion tour and each show had to be less than 90 mins. The only time I saw them play longer than 90 mins was back on the Sound of White Noise tour with John Bush.

Tags
anthrax, death angel, testament