Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sleep -- Chicago, IL -- August 29th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 10-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I mean they lyrics for their new single are just pathetic.
Some songs on the new album are more pathetic than Over and Under It, listen to The Pride and American Capitalist.
  #22  
Old 10-17-2011, 08:50 AM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent Mike View Post
Personally I thought it was great. The band is a joke and should be treated as such.
I dunno, maybe I'm a little butthurt. I'm no fan of radio rock, but I honestly liked 5FDP live. They were far from awful, and I think as a whole, they get way more shit than they deserve. They're far from "terrible" in my book, just average. So yeah. Elitist metal fans need to chill.

Or maybe it's kind of a reaction to this site as a whole. I've been here for a while now, and when this site is good, it's great. But it just pisses me off nowadays to see people bitching and moaning left and right every goddamn day that there exists bands that they don't like. Seems like the supreme sign of immaturity to me.

/rant
  #23  
Old 10-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
The only FFDP song that ever came close to being any good is War is the Answer.
Nah, gotta agree the first album in its entirely isn't bad, it's cheesy tough guy metal, good working out music and good to get a laugh at a party. The guitar work on it is pretty dam good at times too.

On topic, Hatebreed and ATR = decent, but not worth the money for this package. I'd wait to get headlining sets from either band.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
  #24  
Old 10-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Nater Nater is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sanford, Maine
Posts: 1,064
That ATR setlist saddens me with the overabundance of new stuff but I understand why they are playing it all but still they only have 2 off of The Fall of Ideals? After the next album comes out we will never hear This darkened Heart again.

Hatebreed needs a fucking longer setlist then that. God damn.

I enjoy FFDP the same way I enjoy Godsmack. Something I can put on occasionally and get a chuckle out of. I do like Godsmack more cause I grew up with them but shit I'll have fun with FFDP
  #25  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:15 AM
dimmudan dimmudan is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago Suburbs (Lisle,IL
Posts: 123
I personally cracked up big time at the FFDP title but agree for the sake of the purity of this site that I won't rag on bands I hate but rather avoid comment. It justs seems the mature thing to do.

Also, opinions are like assholes and everyone has one including me. The beauty of music is that bands I view as shitty sell hundreds of thousands of records and bands that I worship sell only hundreds of copies. As a result, I actually get to meet my heroes and be close at a concert and not pay $200 a ticket to sit on the upper level at a stadium. Sucks for my favorites bands as they deserve more $ but good for me as a fan.

I have also personally ripped several bands only to listen to them later and now view them as guilty pleasures/bands that I really think are good and have gotten a bad rap. (FFDP is not one of these bands but to be honest I have never even tried to listen to them and don't want to so shame on me)

Either way let's keep Metal Setlists focused on the positive and leave the bitching and opinions to other chat boards.
  #26  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:17 AM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmudan View Post
I personally cracked up big time at the FFDP title but agree for the sake of the purity of this site that I won't rag on bands I hate but rather avoid comment. It justs seems the mature thing to do.

Also, opinions are like assholes and everyone has one including me. The beauty of music is that bands I view as shitty sell hundreds of thousands of records and bands that I worship sell only hundreds of copies. As a result, I actually get to meet my heroes and be close at a concert and not pay $200 a ticket to sit on the upper level at a stadium. Sucks for my favorites bands as they deserve more $ but good for me as a fan.

I have also personally ripped several bands only to listen to them later and now view them as guilty pleasures/bands that I really think are good and have gotten a bad rap. (FFDP is not one of these bands but to be honest I have never even tried to listen to them and don't want to so shame on me)

Either way let's keep Metal Setlists focused on the positive and leave the bitching and opinions to other chat boards.
I'm totally for that, I just wanted to let loose for one time.
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
  #27  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:40 AM
The_jman The_jman is offline
things are more than just what you see
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
I dunno, maybe I'm a little butthurt. I'm no fan of radio rock, but I honestly liked 5FDP live. They were far from awful, and I think as a whole, they get way more shit than they deserve. They're far from "terrible" in my book, just average. So yeah. Elitist metal fans need to chill.

Or maybe it's kind of a reaction to this site as a whole. I've been here for a while now, and when this site is good, it's great. But it just pisses me off nowadays to see people bitching and moaning left and right every goddamn day that there exists bands that they don't like. Seems like the supreme sign of immaturity to me.

/rant
this....

on another note, I like both the ffdp and atr sets, atr's is predictable and needs more not alone or the air that I breathe at least, but I understand why they're playing what they are.
__________________
so close, no matter how far.

9/21: Uproar Festival
  #28  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:48 AM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Back on topic...

That's probably the worst Hatebreed set I've ever seen.
  #29  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:50 AM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Back on topic...

That's probably the worst Hatebreed set I've ever seen.
Rockstar Mayhem 2010:

Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Smash Your Enemies
Perseverance
To the Threshold
Defeatist
Destroy Everything
Proven
Last Breath
Doomsayer
Live for This
I Will Be Heard

Supporting FFDP:

Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Last Breath
As Diehard as They Come
Destroy Everything
I Will Be Heard
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
  #30  
Old 10-17-2011, 10:10 AM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Rockstar Mayhem 2010:

Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Smash Your Enemies
Perseverance
To the Threshold
Defeatist
Destroy Everything
Proven
Last Breath
Doomsayer
Live for This
I Will Be Heard

Supporting FFDP:

Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Last Breath
As Diehard as They Come
Destroy Everything
I Will Be Heard
Since Perseverence is pretty much the heaviest song ever written, any Hatebreed set without it is a ridiculous fail.
Closed Thread

Tags
all that remains, five finger death punch, hatebreed

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008