Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
I would rather hear Be All, End All or Who Cares Wins than Antisocial. I want to hear something from Persistence Of Time just like everyone else. They can drop Only and Metal Thrashing Mad for a song from that album, but what are you going to do? This is a tour that thrash fans thought they could only dream about and now it's a reality, so stop complaining and enjoy it. If you were to attend this show would you really stand there and get mad at the band for playing Antisocial?
Worship Music is amazing, so I am fine with them playing five songs. They're playing In The End!!!
I think you're missing the point. These 3 bands have all toured extensively the last couple of years and true fans have heard all of these songs as recently as a few months ago.

If I'm going to pay to see Anthrax headline for the 1st time in a decade can't they at least throw us a bone? Where is AIR, NFL, Be All End All, In My World, hell where the fuck is Among the Living? Glad I waiting to buy my ticket...
Old 10-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
This is a tour that thrash fans thought they could only dream about and now it's a reality, so stop complaining and enjoy it.
Who saw this tour as unrealistic? Last year there was a Megadeth/Slayer tour that had both Anthrax and Testament on separate legs, plus there was the big 4 shows.

Quote:
Worship Music is amazing, so I am fine with them playing five songs. They're playing In The End!!!
I like the new album to but I'm Alive and In The End are gonna kill the crowd.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:55 AM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I think you're missing the point. These 3 bands have all toured extensively the last couple of years and true fans have heard all of these songs as recently as a few months ago.

If I'm going to pay to see Anthrax headline for the 1st time in a decade can't they at least throw us a bone? Where is AIR, NFL, Be All End All, In My World, hell where the fuck is Among the Living? Glad I waiting to buy my ticket...
This exactly.

Thankfully they were passing out free tickets the last couple of weeks at Chicago shows (sales must've sucked). I'm excited for Testament but the Anthrax set is garbage. At least with John Bush they have a lot more material to pick from, but even with just the Joey material they can do better than this greatest hits horseshit.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Concert Veteran

My issue isn't with playing five off the new album or playing the old standards. My issue is a band who's been together in one form or another for close to 30 years only plays a headlining set of 12 songs. It's cool that GTT has been dropped but it couldn't be replaced by something else off POT

Seriuosly Scott and Charlie need to wake the fuck up. After Testament playing the set that they did how the fuck do you go out there and do the bare minimum set wise and play one less song as the headliner?

I'm hoping since it was the first night Anthrax was just trying to get back into the touring groove or there were some issues with setting up or sound that caused them to cut it short.

My show doesn't come until towards the end of the tour. So, hopefully by then Anthrax has made some changes or added something.

There's no reason the set couldn't go something like this:

Earth On Hell
Fight 'Em Til You Can't
Caught In A Mosh
Madhouse
Antisocial
I'm Alive
The Devil You Know
In My World
Indians
In The End
AIR
Only

Be, All End All
Among The Living
I Am The Law

Is a 14 or 15 song set really asking too much?
Old 10-15-2011, 10:23 AM
N00B

well looks like i'll be skipping this one, and go see gwar instead, i think gwar is less money too.
5/11-Behemoth
5/29-Radiohead
6/26-Maiden
7/1-Roger Waters
8/3-Mayhem Fest
9/16-Kiss/Crue
Old 10-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Decent Testament setlist... can't remember ever seeing a Testament setlist without Practice what you Preach since they wrote it...
Setlist.fm says that Disciples Of The Watch was the closer. But a reviewer on the Anthrax message board who says they're a big Testamen fan said that PWYP was the closer. They don't list Disciples as even being played.

There's another show tonight so I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:51 AM
N00B

Anthrax is my 2nd favorite band, but ill be skipping this tour now sadly unless this setlist is just a one night thing. I went to the secret show, and this setlist covers barely any new ground except for cuts from the new album, which is awesome btw. Way to let me down fellas.
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 10-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Heavy Metal Weather Man

I agree with sentiments already expressed so far:

Aren't these guys professionals and veterans? They can't play a real headlining set? Megadeth plays at least 16-17 songs at their shows.

Hell, bands like Rush and Dream Theater play for 2 hours. Jesus. Give the people their money's worth, Anthrax!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palabra de Dios View Post
I agree with sentiments already expressed so far:

Aren't these guys professionals and veterans? They can't play a real headlining set? Megadeth plays at least 16-17 songs at their shows.

Hell, bands like Rush and Dream Theater play for 2 hours. Jesus. Give the people their money's worth, Anthrax!
Actually Rush plays for three hours. They do have a 20 min intermission to. Another example of what you're talking about is Rob Halford. He's 60 years old and still singing over two hours a night on the current Priest tour.

All we ask is that Anthrax makes it look like they give a shit in some way. But doing a set like this on your big comeback album/tour with Joey is just fuckin lazy as hell.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:25 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrocute1031 View Post
well looks like i'll be skipping this one, and go see gwar instead, i think gwar is less money too.

Yeah the Gwar show is only $20 this is $30 or something like that.

I'm still gonna go because I wanna see Death Angel and fuck it's Anthrax and everytime they have come around the past 2 years I have had to miss the show for one reason or another.

Tags
anthrax, death angel, testament