Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

  #1  
Old 10-11-2011, 12:24 PM
x-voltage x-voltage is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 321
x-voltage's top 50 songs

I'm going to try to post about 2 songs each day. These are my 50 all time favorite metal songs as of right now.

#50. Anthrax- Indians

I'm 21 now and I started listening to metal when I was about 9 years old. I first got into thrash, mainly the big 4. Anthrax is my second favorite of the big 4 behind Metallica and Among the Living is one of the best thrash albums in my opinion. This is my favorite track off of that album. It has a great verse riff and a heavy metal section. And who doesn't headbang when Scott Ian screams WAR DANCE!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feIekziw1OQ

Last edited by x-voltage; 10-11-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2011, 12:27 PM
x-voltage x-voltage is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 321
#49. Shadows Fall- Eternity is Within

The War Within by Shadows Fall is one of the best albums of the 2000's. Every song is a monster. Eternity is Within just has this drive to it that makes you want to mosh until you pass out. Just a brutal song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F5W0KV4JwQ
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2011, 02:08 PM
The_jman The_jman is offline
things are more than just what you see
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
#49. Shadows Fall- Eternity is Within

The War Within by Shadows Fall is one of the best albums of the 2000's. Every song is a monster. Eternity is Within just has this drive to it that makes you want to mosh until you pass out. Just a brutal song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F5W0KV4JwQ
not the one I'd have picked off this record, but its a pretty good record.
__________________
so close, no matter how far.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
I'm going to try to post about 2 songs each day. These are my 50 all time favorite metal songs as of right now.

#50. Anthrax- Indians

I'm 21 now and I started listening to metal when I was about 9 years old. I first got into thrash, mainly the big 4. Anthrax is my second favorite of the big 4 behind Metallica and Among the Living is one of the best thrash albums in my opinion. This is my favorite track off of that album. It has a great verse riff and a heavy metal section. And who doesn't headbang when Scott Ian screams WAR DANCE!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feIekziw1OQ
Great song

If you see Anthrax live and you don't immediately start headbanging or moving in some way after Scott screams "WARDANCE!!!" you should be thrown out of the venue and denied access to any further Anthrax shows for the rest of your life
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:08 PM
x-voltage x-voltage is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 321
Sanitarium, I completely agree with you. WARDANCE!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:34 PM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Great song

If you see Anthrax live and you don't immediately start headbanging or moving in some way after Scott screams "WARDANCE!!!" you should be thrown out of the venue and denied access to any further Anthrax shows for the rest of your life
I just wish Belladonna wasn't such a horrible vocalist, because that riff is so thrashtastic.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-12-2011, 04:37 PM
x-voltage x-voltage is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 321
#48. Hatebreed- Smash Your Enemies

What a great live song. I've seen them play this live twice and the crowd went insane. When Jasta screams PICK IT UP at the end when the double time comes in, its brutal.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS2Q6DxhO_k
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-12-2011, 04:38 PM
x-voltage x-voltage is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 321
#47. Soilwork- Nerve

Stabbing the Drama is one of my favorite albums. Every song is a classic. Nerve is everything I like about Soilwork. Great choruses, sick riffs, and amazing drumming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqvMkA97DhY
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-13-2011, 09:19 AM
x-voltage x-voltage is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 321
#46. Pantera- Heresy

This song includes some of Dime's best riffs. Just a straight up metal song that kicks your ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-19z52Da0
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-13-2011, 09:21 AM
x-voltage x-voltage is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 321
#45. Slipknot- The Heretic Anthem

If you've never heard Slipknot before, this is the perfect song to get you hooked. One of my favorite metal riffs, an anthem chorus, and a great live song. Incredible drumming by Jordison too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-19z52Da0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008