Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

Old 10-12-2011, 06:34 AM
N00B

Firewind -- Springfield, VA -- October 11th, 2011

Went to see FIREWIND at JAXX yesterday. It was not very well attended. Maybe a little more than 50 people (like the Rhinobucket show I went to at JAXX not too long ago). I got there a bit too early, and some band called REPLICANT was on...a local band I think? I listened to one or two songs and decided I would sit in the back a bit...

Merch: Firewind had some lame (IMO) affliction looking shirts and a hoodie and their latest CD. Nightrage had a couple CDs and some shirts I think. Arsis had CDs, a patch, and a bunch of shirts. White Wizard had their first CD, a Vinyl, a big patch, and some silly looking shirts. I got some CDs, didn't really care for the shirts they all had.

Nightrage came on, but seemed to have trouble with vocals cutting out on half the songs :/ The sound guy kind of tried to compensate by making the vox even LOUDER when they came back. Kind of a disaster for that area :/ I thought they sounded pretty good. Gus G rolled out and guitar'd on one song, that was very cool.

White Wizzard was on next, I was looking forward to seeing them. No idea who the band was except the bass player (who is the main dude in it). Singer sounded like Ripper Owens- I asked the bassist who the singer was and he informed me it was the singer from CELLADOR. What a twist! I thought they sounded good, but should have been better. I think the BASS WAS TOO DAMN HIGH. Iron Maiden syndrome there. Starchild sounded the best, IMO .

Arsis played what I was sure were RATT riffs during the sound check (Wanted Man, Lack of Communication at least). I checked with the guitarist after their set and he confirmed that all their songs are rip off of RATT riffs. Hilarious. I thought they were pretty good, getting better near the end.

Firewind came on finalllly and I was PUMPED. They sounded very good (but the vocalist's mic could have been pushed up a bit) . He came out to the floor during the Instrumental jam. I am taking a look at the crowd and to my left I see him standing there! Shake hands, give him the horns, pretty cool. The band sounded tight, no complaints really. Pretty good set list (tho I would have liked more from Allegiance.), a little jumbled from other dates on the tour.

Overall a very good if not great show. Sad that the attendance was not better :/

Song/set notes:
All openers- seemed to play one less song than other shows on the tour.
Firewind- I know they played Set the World on Fire, but it might have been after 'Angels..' my notes are a bit jumbled on where this song was played. 'Angels..' was def before it tho
Nightrage- first two songs I assume are same as other reports, they didn't say what they were
Arsis- they didn't announce what the first two songs were, assuming they were same as other tour stops.

Nightrage
  • Delirium of the fallen (I think?)
  • Insidious (I think?)
  • Being Nothing
  • Wrapped in Deceitful Dreams(?)(A song they did with Gus G, he came out and did guitar on it)
  • The Tremor

White Wizzard
  • 40 Deuces
  • Celestina
  • Fight To The Death
  • Starchild
  • Flying Tigers
  • High Speed GTO

Arsis
  • Servants to the Night (I think?)
  • Maddening Disdain (I think?)
  • Overthrown
  • We are the Nightmare
  • Forced To Rock
  • Ten of Swords
  • The Face Of My Innocence

Firewind
  • (intro that sounded like Head like sieve )
  • The Ark Of Lies
  • Head Up High
  • Destination Forever
  • Kill To Live
  • Angels Forgive Me
  • The Fire And The Fury
  • World on Fire
  • Heading For The Dawn
  • Mercenary Man
  • SKG
  • Til The End Of Time
  • I Am The Anger
  • -------------------
  • Into The Fire
  • Falling To Pieces
Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 AM
N00B

Damn, 50 people!! It's a real shame for a killer band like Firewind...Why such a lesser crowd? I know it was a week day but still...

It's too bad I can't attend that tour next Friday in Montreal. I can't afford to drive 2.5 hours for the 2nd time in the same week (drove to Mtl on Monday to see Saxon and Borealis). Hopefully, they'll get a good crowd. It's the 2nd year in a row they play in Montreal, last year, they got around 200-250 people I'd say.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:36 AM
N00B

Yeah, I don't know if it was not advertized, weekday, people didn't connect Gus G w/ Firewind, is back from holiday weekend or what... def disappointing turnout in terms of numbers. But people who were there seemed like they were enjoying it :3

Only like one pit I saw break out, during the first song Firewind did. Odd, as Nightrage or Arsis would be more likely to provoke a pit

Tags
arsis, firewind, nightrage, replicant, white wizzard