Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-10-2011, 11:07 PM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

Saxon -- Montreal, Quebec -- October 10th, 2011

I missed Heroik. Borealis wasn't my bag. However, the hairdos and the drinking tube on the mic stand were pretty funny.

Saxon did the same set as Detroit. However, there were two substitutions. They played Hell and Back Again instead of This Town Rocks and Play It Loud instead of And The Bands Played On.

The show was really great! Saxon hasn't played Montreal since 1987. Biff said they would return sooner than 24 years for the next show. I'll hold him to it! The new songs are really good. I am certainly going to buy the new record!!

Old 10-10-2011, 11:13 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsip View Post
I missed Heroik. Borealis wasn't my bag. However, the hairdos and the drinking tube on the mic stand were pretty funny.

Saxon did the same set as Detroit. However, there were two substitutions. They played Hell and Back Again instead of This Town Rocks and Play It Loud instead of And The Bands Played On.

The show was really great! Saxon hasn't played Montreal since 1987. Biff said they would return sooner than 24 years for the next show. I'll hold him to it! The new songs are really good. I am certainly going to buy the new record!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let this happen in Baltimore!

Also, it depresses me that no one can even manage a Borealis setlist.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:13 AM

I think the interest in them has been low. Besides the fact they are an odd fit with Saxon, it seems they haven't piqued anyone's interest. I left the venue briefly before their last song.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
This goddammit! I did find videos of them playing Fall From Grace and Where We Started, but I haven't seen anything else. It'll probably be up after tonight, since they are playing Toronto tonight and they have a ton of fans here.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I'd probably manage one if they were playing here. But to be honest, their new one is a pretty average album, so I'm not surprised people aren't paying much attention.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 10-11-2011, 11:36 AM
N00B

how was the SAXON merch? any CDs? any decent shirts?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:51 PM

Three different two sided T-shirts- $30. I bought the Heavy Metal Thunder Canada shirt!!

Wallet- $20 The wallet is a $3 crappy velcro special. Rip off. No CDs.

I told my cohort that some of the older bands usually have crappy merch. Bad T-shirt designs and nothing else interesting.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:39 PM
N00B

Quote:
Three different two sided T-shirts- $30. I bought the Heavy Metal Thunder Canada shirt!!
I bought it too. I find it very nice to see a band like Saxon, with only 2 shows in Canada on this tour, making a special t-shirt for Canada (which is the cover of the 2002 HM Thunder disc, but with the Canadian flag).
Old 10-11-2011, 04:53 PM
N00B

Quote:

Heroik were not bad, quite standard power metal, with competent playing. However, the singer, which has a good voice, should practice his interaction with the crowd cause he sounded quite amateur, didn't seem to know what to say between the songs.

Borealis were very good. They only played around 30 minutes, which means about 6 songs. Too bad for them, the sound was far to be excellent...
As far as I remember, they played these songs, all from the new CD: Finest Hour (show opener), Regeneration, Forgotten Forever, Where We Started, Breaking The Curse, Also, Words I Failed To Say or Fall From Grace were in the set I think.

The Detroit setlist from setlist.fm shows that Saxon played Surviving Against The Odds. If it's true, that song was surely not played in Montreal yesterday.

The Saxon guys gave a great performance in front of a very noisy crowd of about 350-400 I'd say. They often had a big smile in their faces, so they must have appreciated, even though the stage at the Foufounes is really cramped (Biff said: Oh, it's a very small stage!!), no room at all to have the big Saxon flag as background, which was too bad.

Good setlist, but I'd have liked to get Batallions Of Steel like some other cities got.

But getting Saxon to play in the province of Quebec after 24 years was just so great that I can't complain. I spoke to a lot of fans who were very happy to finally see Saxon live for the 1st time. And the band did not disappoint.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:12 PM

Last time I saw it was 1987 in Boston, MA with W.A.S.P. and Raven.

Tags
saxon