Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014
Ash Borer -- Birmingham, AL -- July 6th, 2014
Cynic -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- July 6th, 2014
311 -- Sterling Heights, MI -- July 6th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-08-2011, 08:54 AM
N00B

Uproar Festival -- Albuquerque, NM -- October 7th, 2011

The 2nd annual of the ďRockstar Energy Drink Uproar FestivalĒ hit New Mexico soil for the first time with a loud bang. The music was high, the crowd was nuts, and the place was rockiní. But the rain, oh my God, the rain! A complete drought drenched the Hard Rock Pavilion from beginning to end. But that didnít stop the crazy New Mexican concertgoers to shed their head banging light on their own turf. ART OF DYING had to cancel their set due to their singer becoming ill. As much as I wanted to see them, this move allowed Sevendust and Black Tide to have an extended set.

HELL OR HIGHWATER
How they were: Brandon Sallerís (Atreyu) side project officially opened up the festival with a groovy variety of hard rock and heavy pop. Theyíre definitely not a band for everyone, but they show their effort by going on stage and doing what they can to win the crowd over. That gave them my respect.
Crowd reaction: Surprisingly, the crowd dug them. People were banging their heads, waving their fists, and singing along when given the right moment.
Rating: 8/10
Setlist-
1) Gimme Love
2) Hail Mary
3) Tragedy
4) Go Alone
5) Rock Waterís Edge
6) We All Wanna Go Home

BLACK TIDE
How they were: The Miami based rockers came to the stage and delivered a heavy edge of rock and classic metal. They played their solos and leads flawlessly as they kept the crowd moving song after song.
Crowd reaction: The crowd was into them. There were crowd surfers and some small pits going on. Towards the end of their set, a wall of death was formed, finishing off an energetic set.
Rating: 8.5/10
Setlist-
1) Warriors Of Time
2) Bury Me
3) Let It Out
4) Shockwave
5) This Fire
6) Walking Dead Man
7) Honest Eyes

SEVENDUST
How they were: The most pulverizing set of the day. The energy was completely high and the music was straight to your face. It was my first time seeing Sevendust, and it certainly wonít be my last. Lajonís vocals were fierce, as he didnít miss a note. The guitars and drums impacted the crushing heaviness, and it was a force to be reckoned with.
Crowd reaction: The Best Buy stage was completely packed, as it was nearly impossible to move. Three pits broke out simultaneously and the crowd surfers did their jobs. The heavy pouring rain indeed added to the amazing experience.
Rating: 10/10
Setlist
1) Splinter
2) Praise
3) Denial
4) Strong Arm Broken
5) Forever
6) Pieces
7) The End Is Coming
8) Master Of Puppets/ Walk (Metallica, Pantera medley)
9) Face To Face

ESCAPE THE FATE
How they were: Didnít make an attempt to even bother watching them. Instead, I went and got a nice hot chocolate. Iíd say, time well spent.
How they were: (See above)
Crowd reaction: I could hear the crowd cheer in the distance. Why, I have no idea.
Rating: No rating. Not worth a rating if the band wasnít witnessed.
Setlist-(Not worth listing)

BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
How they were: The sky was beginning to darken and the rain was starting to thicken. The last time I saw Bullet was at Mayhem 2009. That time ago, I wasnít surprised one bit. However, this time around their performance surprised me in a way. The sound was definitely better than the last time Iíve seen them. I would have to say I somewhat enjoyed it, on a good side.
Crowd reaction: The crowd cheered loud, banged their heads, and the pits broke out ferociously in the lawn. They enjoyed it.
Rating: 7.5/10
Setlist-
1) Your Betrayal
2) Pleasure And Pain
3) Waking The Demon
4) The Last Fight
5) Scream, Aim, Fire
6) Tears Donít Fall
7) Begging For Mercy

SEETHER
How they were: Iíve always enjoyed Seether. I enjoy their melodies, their tunes, and their singles. Theyíre definitely one of my favorite radio friendly bands. Seether delivered well and the performance was very enjoyable. The rain was absolutely POURING at this time, but that didnít stop them from giving the audience and wonderful set.
Crowd reaction: The crowd sang along and banged their heads. There werenít any pits in the lawn, but I wasnít really expecting that from Seether.
Rating: 9/10
Setlist-
1) Gasoline
2) Fur Cure
3) Fine Again
4) Broken
5) Tonight
6) Rise Above This
7) Country Song
8) Fake It
9) Remedy

THREE DAYS GRACE
How they were: Incredible set. Three Days Grace is another one of my favorite radio bands. Iíve always liked them since they formed in 2003, and have always wanted to see them. They did not disappoint me at all. They went through their set with their entire hit singles added in win tons of energy. It was a set worth seeing.
Crowd reaction: The crowd erupted with energy. Everyone was jumping up and down when given the chance, waved their fists, sang to the songs, and everything they could to keep the performance high.
Setlist-
1) The Good Life
2) Break
3) Pain
4) I Hate Everything About You
5) I Donít Care
6) Home
7) Lose Yourself (Eminem cover)
8) Never Too Late
9) Riot
10) The Animal I Have Become

AVENGED SEVENFOLD
How they were: The final band came out with a bang. They havenít played at the Hard Rock pavilion since Ozzfest 2006, and this was the show they said they were looking forward to the most. The performance was in your face and extreme. The pyros added a touch (aside from keeping the freezing audience warm) and the stage presence was intense. They are a band that definitely delivers the good when it comes to high-octane performances.
Crowd reaction: The crowd went insane. The rain didnít stop them one bit. The lawn completely broke out into various pits, as well as the GA area in front of the stage. The grand finale was a circle pit riff the band played that allowed the people in the lawn to erupt into one enormous circle pit. Job well down Albuquerque.
1) Nightmare
2) Critical Acclaim
3) The Beast And The Harlot
4) Welcome To The Family
5) Afterlife
6) So Far Away
7) Buried Alive
8) Second Heartbeat
9) Scream
10) Almost Easy
11) A Little Piece Of Heavy
12) Bat Country
13) Unholy Confession
14) (Circle Pit Jam)
Old 10-08-2011, 10:43 AM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

Sounds like a good show and still a good A7X setlist.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:58 AM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Nice review. To be honest, the only reason why I'd go to this is for Avenged Sevenfold (guilty pleasure), and it's nice to know they put on a good set.
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter

Last edited by RampinUp46; 10-14-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: No real reason to quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:39 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgamerat View Post
THREE DAYS GRACE
7) Lose Yourself (Eminem cover)
That must have been strange.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:54 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
That must have been strange.
It was actually pretty interesting. The crowd dug it.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:05 PM
N00B

3DG did Lose Yourself and Break Stuff last time I saw them. Break Stuff was awesome.
Machine Head
Warped Tour?
Boston
Tom Petty
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper

Tags
avenged sevenfold, black tide, bullet for my valentine, escape the fate, hell or highwater, seether, sevendust, three days grace