Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Old 10-06-2011, 05:28 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
Why. the fuck. do you care. what UltraBoris thinks. Seriously.
The guy knew his thrash, of that there is no dispute. He also held grudges against Metallica and Testament, and was very vocal about it. There's also no disputing that. Bottom line is, his review of Master of Puppets is one of the most famous internet reviews around. You've read it.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

99. Terrorizer- World Downfall

1. "After World Obliteration"
2. "Storm of Stress"
3. "Fear of Napalm"
4. "Human Prey"
5. "Corporation Pull-In"
6. "Strategic Warheads"
7. "Condemned System"
8. "Resurrection"
9. "Enslaved by Propaganda"
10. "Need to Live"
11. "Ripped to Shreds"
12. "Injustice"
13. "Whirlwind Struggle"
14. "Infestation"
15. "Dead Shall Rise"
16. "World Downfall"

In my quest to love all things acclaimed in the intangible metal hall of fame, I have had great successes and dissapointments. But Iíd say my greatest dissapointement is the concession that I will just never love grindcore. Itís not for me. Grindcore is basically the same as disco. It has itís purpose but a very very short shelf life. Thereís only so far you can grow with a song limit of 1 second to 2 minutes, and youíll probably run out of truly great riffs very quickly. That being said, Iíd like to think that any erupting scene will yield at least one classic, and this is said classic. Featuring the rhythm section of none other than Morbid Angel(!), who that very year had just released Altars of Madness (!!), Jesse Pintado and Oscar release an angry and violent piece of art that should be studied by anyone calling themselves a musicologist.

Recommended track: Corporation Pull In
Old 10-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Because he has some good points. No not everything he says is the truth, be he does have nuggets of truth buried here and there throughout his rhetoric.

For instance:
Something I agree with- Sanitarium is a cheesy ballad masquerading as thrash.
Two things I disagree with- the middle section of Master of Puppets being dumb as well as The Thing That Should Not Be being the song that spawned groove metal- The song has practically no groove whatsoever!

The point of me bringing it up anyway was to answer the question of why it's all the way down at 100.
But I'd rather read your opinions, than the same shit I've already read from him.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Puppets is amazing, easily one of the best albums ever.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 10-07-2011, 02:40 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

When Kirk says Load would've come sooner if Cliff were still around, I completely believe it.

I also believe it would've been a lot better because he knew what he was doing more than anyone else in the bandwhen it came to the less thrashy material.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:59 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
When Kirk says Load would've come sooner if Cliff were still around, I completely believe it.

I also believe it would've been a lot better because he knew what he was doing more than anyone else in the band when it came to the less thrashy material.
This. Load would've been a much more focused record if Cliff was writing the material.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:20 AM
Headbanger

99 albums better than Master of Puppets. If there is anything more retarded than than that in the history of the internet I'd love to see it.

I'm expecting to be turned on to some cool music so I'll tune in. Seriously though. 99 albums better than Master of Puppets? hahahahaha

Elitist Hipster Alert.... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 10-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

If anything I picture two elitist hipsters saying that Master of Puppets is the greatest metal album ever because of it's slower and softer tendencies.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:29 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
99 albums better than Master of Puppets. If there is anything more retarded than than that in the history of the internet I'd love to see it.

I'm expecting to be turned on to some cool music so I'll tune in. Seriously though. 99 albums better than Master of Puppets? hahahahaha

Elitist Hipster Alert.... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
Hey maybe some people don't like Metallica as much as others. Hell, I had Skeletonwitch above them on my top thrash metal albums list!

Anyway that Terrorizer album is fucking awesome! This list should be cool, looking forward to what's to come.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

98. Morbid Angel- Covenant

1. "Rapture"
2. "Pain Divine"
3. "World of Shit (The Promised Land)"
4. "Vengeance Is Mine"
5. "The Lions Den"
6. "Blood on My Hands"
7. "Angel of Disease"
8. "Sworn to the Black"
9. "Nar Mattaru"
10. "God of Emptiness

Morbid Angel’s third (and best selling album) plays like your standard pop record. Great beginning and end, boring middle. Albums like this rely more on the strength of the songs themselves rather than being a new burgeoning piece of art like Altars of Madness. It also feels that this album was a return to the Altars of Madness style, considering the lack of variety (and also considering this album and AOM gets 7 songs a pop during their live set where as Blessed can barely get 1). There’s quite a few great songs here, but special mention goes to World Of Shit, which is inexplicably the only Morbid Angel song to have excessive cursing. It’s almost like their manager said “Ok guys this is our major label debut, we need something to get the suburban white boys on board! Someone write some lyrics with a bunch of four letter words!” Maybe that’s why it’s still their grand finale, because it reminds all the old timers of their youth when saying Fucked Human Shit made you sound like you were ahead of the curve for some reason.

Reccommended Track:
World of Shit

Last edited by JRA; 10-07-2011 at 06:50 AM.