Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

Old 09-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

My top 100 metal albums

Mods, change the title of the thread to the new title.

Well folks, after contemplating, I've decided I'm gonna get in on this 5 months of album business. I decided to keep it strictly metal though, so the only way people are gonna be surprised is maybe a band you weren't expecting. I'm thinking about maybe doing a bonus album from a different genre every ten albums or so, but we'll see.

Anyways, let's get this ball rolling. (and yes, that jarbled coding was an album entry, which one? Wait and see....) Scroll down to the latest post.

Last edited by JRA; 10-06-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: I'm ready
Old 09-15-2011, 07:22 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

talking about king diamond or something

Quote:
Completely, and only, Abigail Rock and Roll ????????? And ???????? Has a doctorate in class. ??????? Orchestra, Rush, King Crimson, Led Zeppelin, and Genesis is pale in comparison to what's on the display. And the bands were good at this type of craft, and there are Masters. Groove to, changes in the rhythm of time to ??????? Until only the drums, bass guitar, only, only, this album covers everything professionals need to know in order to prove that their ??????????. This record is not an art, it is simply the best music of the highest aqueduct was built in the trade to increase the level of an album of songs.

Oh yes, most of the album is King Diamond. It is clearly a concept album? *?? = ???????? Wanted to do something about it I do not know of. I tried to get into the story, but I do not pay attention, not only because of the display of what the amount of time. If you are a musician, the more attention. Now
I'm still not completely sure what you're asking, though
Old 09-15-2011, 07:26 PM
That Guy

Apu: Ok yes Hot Dog Hot Dog, yes sir, no sir. Ok Hot Dog.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Buahahahahaha

New King Diamond?
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 09-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
talking about king diamond or something

I'm still not completely sure what you're asking, though

What makes you think I'm asking anyone anything?

I suppose I should have done a better job of encrypting that placeholding passage, but it is rather funny to see the reverse translation.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

I'm so confused.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 09-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Rich Haagen Dazs farts

Yes.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

100. Metallica- Master of Puppets

1. "Battery"
2. "Master of Puppets"
3. "The Thing That Should Not Be"
4. "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"
5. "Disposable Heroes"
6. "Leper Messiah"
7. "Orion" (Instrumental)
8. "Damage, Inc."

I’ve been a pretty big supporter of Ultraboris’s infamous essay of how this album killed heavy metal. But I will also concede three things 1) Pieces of said essay don’t hold up and if anything it serves more as an afterword to the Some Kind of Monster movie. 2) While I understand Boris’s frustration with how this album was lauded as the forefront of metal in 1986, I honestly can come up with two much more appropriate nominees for that dishonor: Metallica’s Black album and Vulgar Display of Power. One of those albums is on here, one of them isn’t. 3) If nothing else the album is still listenable. Even Boris said that on a strictly musical level the album is by no means bad. The problem was just despite the fact that there are classic songs on here, the fact is the band sacrificed atmosphere and brutality for, well “Cliff’s hippie tendencies.” I don’t want to ramble on about non-album Metallica bullshit for too long, but I used to own a book of Metallica quotes (don’t ask) and one such quote was from Kirk, claiming that if Cliff had lived, the Load album would have come into existence a lot sooner. I believe that quote more than any sort of lionizing of Cliff from any long-haired leather and denim fellow.

In short, this album is basically Ride The Lightning- lite, no more, no less. Personally I think a good 70% of this album’s acclaim comes from their massive commercial success in 1991. If Metallica hadn’t released the Black Album, this album would not have the heaping praise it does today, certainly it wouldn’t be claimed as the greatest metal album of 1986, let alone of all time. But it’s here, it’s queer, get used to it.

Obligatory song post:
Master of Puppets

Last edited by JRA; 10-06-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Why. the fuck. do you care. what UltraBoris thinks. Seriously.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
Why. the fuck. do you care. what UltraBoris thinks. Seriously.

Because he has some good points. No not everything he says is the truth, be he does have nuggets of truth buried here and there throughout his rhetoric.

For instance:
Something I agree with- Sanitarium is a cheesy ballad masquerading as thrash.
Two things I disagree with- the middle section of Master of Puppets being dumb as well as The Thing That Should Not Be being the song that spawned groove metal- The song has practically no groove whatsoever!

The point of me bringing it up anyway was to answer the question of why it's all the way down at 100.

Last edited by JRA; 10-06-2011 at 05:28 PM.