Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-26-2011, 08:06 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,133
Foo Fighters -- Buffalo, NY -- September 25th, 2011

Bridge Burning
Rope
The Pretender
My Hero
Learn to Fly
White Limo
Arlandria
Breakout
Cold Day in the Sun
Stacked Actors
Walk
Monkey Wrench
Let It Die
These Days
Skin and Bones (With Krist Novoselic on accordian)
This is a Call
In the Flesh (Pink Floyd cover)
All My Life

Encore:
Long Road to Ruin (acoustic)
Best of You (acoustic)
Times Like These (acoustic/electric)
Dear Rosemary
Breakdown (Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers cover)
Everlong

A very good show. Dave had a ton of energy and the crowd was into it from the begining. A lot of people were singing along with the new stuff so it's good to see the band come out with something as good as Wasting Light and not have people ignore it.

There was a lot of good sing a long moments, the chorus to My Hero being my favorite. Everything sounded great especially the stuff off the new album. For the acoustic songs there was walk way which came out from the stage and led to a small one in the middle of the floor. The stage was then raised up about 20 feet in the air and it was just Dave his guitar and 15,000 people singing along. At the half way point of Times Like These the rest of the band joined in and Dave dashed back to the stage and joined them for the rest of the song.

My only complaint is that the band extends the solos/jams in some of the songs way too long. I don't mind if a band does a song or two like that but when you do it with five or six songs it gets old quick. That's only a minor gripe with me though. When a band plays for two hours and fourty minutes there isn't much to complain about.

Highlights for me were everything off Wasting Light, The Pretender, My Hero, All My Life, Long Road To Ruin and Everlong. Definitely worth it if you wanna see a great arena rock show.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Shadowswillfall414's Avatar
Shadowswillfall414 Shadowswillfall414 is offline
Was it worth it?
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 400
Its a great set dont get me wrong, but there are some songs I wish they could put in. I mean Ill stick around, Hey, Its Johnny Park!, and Generator could have easily fit in there but hey, its still a great set.
__________________
Foo Fighters-November 16th
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-26-2011, 06:19 PM
bobbie solo's Avatar
bobbie solo bobbie solo is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 428
i wish they'd add more from the first record but it looks like the set is staying the same every night...which is a bummer especially bc theyre playing two covers no one is part. asking for.
__________________
Whitechapel 11/10
Circa Survive,Title Fight 11/11
Jessica Lee Mayfield 11/18
Slipknot 12/6
Russian Circles,Mutoid Man 12/11
ETID,Architects 12/13
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-27-2011, 07:47 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowswillfall414 View Post
Its a great set dont get me wrong, but there are some songs I wish they could put in. I mean Ill stick around, Hey, Its Johnny Park!, and Generator could have easily fit in there but hey, its still a great set.
I know Johnny Park was being played on the first part of this tour but they dropped it on this leg. I'm not sure what took it's place, I think maybe it was Cold Day In The Sun. I think I'll Stick Around was played for a bit then dropped to. I've seen Generator in a few sets here and there. It seems to be one of those songs they throw in when they're in the mood for it.

I like One By One a lot so it would be cool if they did something like Low or Tired of You but the set works and they do a good job of mixing the new stuff with the big hits while still adding in a few lesser known songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
i wish they'd add more from the first record but it looks like the set is staying the same every night...which is a bummer especially bc theyre playing two covers no one is part. asking for.
I'm not getting the whole cover thing either. I understand it if the band is responsible for making the cover well known like Metallica with Am I Evil or Anthrax with Antisocial. But the two covers the Foos are doing are well known songs from those bands so it doesn't make sense. It's not like they need to do them to get a reaction out of the crowd. I don't get once a band has enough material to play live why they would still do covers. Maybe a musician can fill me in on that one
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Shadowswillfall414's Avatar
Shadowswillfall414 Shadowswillfall414 is offline
Was it worth it?
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I like One By One a lot so it would be cool if they did something like Low or Tired of You but the set works and they do a good job of mixing the new stuff with the big hits while still adding in a few lesser known songs.
One by one is one of those albums that grew on me. I hated it at first but it grew on me so it would be cool to see those songs back on the set. Honestly, I wanna hear come back!
__________________
Foo Fighters-November 16th
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:02 PM
HackedUpForBBQ's Avatar
HackedUpForBBQ HackedUpForBBQ is offline
Pass the steak sauce
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Niagara Falls/Buffalo, NY
Posts: 506
On the radio they were saying that the Foos were fined by the First Niagara Center for playing past 11:00, god does that suck! I guess the band probably knew all of the terms and conditions before coming and playing the show, but still I think that's a very fucking shitty thing to do to a band. I'm not even a fan and I still think it's bullshit. They're probably never gonna play here again because of that, so hopefully everyone who really wanted to see them around here did so
__________________
10/17 - Nunslaughter
10/18 - Anvil
10/19 - THE KING
10/20 - Iron Reagan
10/23 - Dead Congregation
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I don't get once a band has enough material to play live why they would still do covers. Maybe a musician can fill me in on that one
Honestly, I think part of it is just the fun of it. I have a lot more fun learning and playing cover songs than I do playing my own stuff most of the time. When you're in a band, your own music definitely becomes "work" to an extent - between writing, rehearsing, recording, and playing it live. I can TOTALLY understand a band wanting to just have some fun and throw in a cover song or two. I just think it adds a certain unexpected element to it.

When my band releases our full-length album next year, I'm planning a headlining CD release show where we play the whole album front-to-back (about 55 minutes) and then end the night with a couple of covers, including a few "classics" (Deep Purple's Burn, Sabbath's Heaven and Hell). It's just gonna be a really fun way to end the night for everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
On the radio they were saying that the Foos were fined by the First Niagara Center for playing past 11:00, god does that suck! I guess the band probably knew all of the terms and conditions before coming and playing the show, but still I think that's a very fucking shitty thing to do to a band. I'm not even a fan and I still think it's bullshit. They're probably never gonna play here again because of that, so hopefully everyone who really wanted to see them around here did so
People will always find away to suck the money out of you. Oh, no they played til 11:40 CHARGE THEM!!!.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
On the radio they were saying that the Foos were fined by the First Niagara Center for playing past 11:00, god does that suck! I guess the band probably knew all of the terms and conditions before coming and playing the show, but still I think that's a very fucking shitty thing to do to a band. I'm not even a fan and I still think it's bullshit. They're probably never gonna play here again because of that, so hopefully everyone who really wanted to see them around here did so
When I saw Metallica there two years ago they played until 11:30. I wonder if they got fined? It's actually quite common if a band plays passed a venues curfew to get fined. The Foos show has been the same lenght the whole tour. They've been doing over two and a half hours every night so they probably just said "fuck the fines" and did their show. It's not like the band doesn't have the money.

If I was the venue I would have them back again because not only would you get money from the ticket sales but you can make a bunch off the fine if they play over again. From a monetary stand point it just seems stupid to not have them back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Honestly, I think part of it is just the fun of it. I have a lot more fun learning and playing cover songs than I do playing my own stuff most of the time. When you're in a band, your own music definitely becomes "work" to an extent - between writing, rehearsing, recording, and playing it live. I can TOTALLY understand a band wanting to just have some fun and throw in a cover song or two. I just think it adds a certain unexpected element to it.

When my band releases our full-length album next year, I'm planning a headlining CD release show where we play the whole album front-to-back (about 55 minutes) and then end the night with a couple of covers, including a few "classics" (Deep Purple's Burn, Sabbath's Heaven and Hell). It's just gonna be a really fun way to end the night for everyone.
That makes sense, I guess I would just be more proud to play my own stuff than songs that somebody else worked on and made famous. It makes more sense to me for a band to play a few covers when they only have an album or two, as opposed to a veteran band who has no shortage of their own material to choose from.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-28-2011, 06:30 AM
leglessmoof's Avatar
leglessmoof leglessmoof is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
When I saw Metallica there two years ago they played until 11:30. I wonder if they got fined? It's actually quite common if a band plays passed a venues curfew to get fined. The Foos show has been the same lenght the whole tour. They've been doing over two and a half hours every night so they probably just said "fuck the fines" and did their show. It's not like the band doesn't have the money.

If I was the venue I would have them back again because not only would you get money from the ticket sales but you can make a bunch off the fine if they play over again. From a monetary stand point it just seems stupid to not have them back.
I'm speculating here, but the fine was probably levied by the local city/town/neighborhood, or the local stagehands union. Not the venue.
__________________
http://concerts.leglessmoof.net/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
foo fighters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008