Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014
Ceremonial Castings -- Seattle, WA -- July 7th, 2014
Flotsam and Jetsam -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 9th, 2014

Old 09-24-2011, 02:03 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Hank III -- Hollywood, CA -- September 23rd, 2011

The show was at the Roxy in West Hollywood. This tour was to support the 4 new albums that Hank III released a few weeks ago. The double country album, the doom metal album and the cattle callin album. My car broke down before the show, so my friend drove us to the show, meaning I could get drunker than needed and still be safe to get home We arrived at the Roxy around the time the doors opened and I was able to find a spot right in the center front so I could sing along with Hank. He went on at 9pm and played a 95 minute country set, then a 10 minute hellbilly set, took a break for a few minutes, then played a 55 minute Attention Deficit Domination set, and closed with a 40 minute Cattle Callin set. He played for 3 and a half hours. That is definitely better than anyone I have ever heard of.

I was in the front the entire show. There wasn't very much pushing and shoving during the country set like I'm used to. III usually opens up with Straight to Hell and a circle pit breaks out immediately, but it didn't happen this time. I was surprised how tame the set was. I still was sweating me ass off by the end of the country set. I was excited for the hellbilly set cause I heard he was playing Hang On, a song I've always wanted to see, but he cut it out tonight. ADD went on and played an awesome set. Some guy asked me to let his girl in front of my to enjoy the show better, but I was the only one around me who was actually enjoying the show at that point, so I told him no. The guys next to me were standing like statues and I was banging my head and screaming along, I don't need to be asked to move.

Cattle Callin went on around midnight. I was starting to get pretty drunk again at this point. It felt like the old assjack vibe again, but there was no fun pit going on. I ran over to the pit area and started pushing people around until they were pissed off enough to start a pit. Shortly after, I tasted a mouth full of blood as I ran into people. I realized someone busted my lip open. I was upset and pushed people around for a bit. I dominated the pit the entire Cattle Callin set. At some point, someone punched me in the throat and I had to walk off and sit down. I was freaking out for a minute cause I couldn't breath and my ear was in so much fucking pain. I waited a few minutes and went back to the pit and busted my lip again and cut open my arm and neck shortly after. I had a lot of injuries occur during my drunkeness but I feel it was completely worth it.

I think more Cattle Callin songs were played, but not sure at the moment...

Country Set:

Nightime Ramblin' Man
Trashville
I Don't Know
Little Bit of Smoke, Whole lot of Wine
Thrown Out of Every Bar
Crazed Country Rebel
Long Hauls & Close Calls
3 Shades of Black
Long Hauls & Close Calls
Rebel Within
Guttertown Stomp
Troopers Hollar
Day by Day
Dyin Day
Ghost to a Ghost
Fadin Moon
Ride the Wave
Outlaw Convention
Six Pack of Beer
Pills I Took
PFF
Straight to Hell
D Ray White
Not Everybody Likes Us
Dick in Dixie

Hellbilly:

Go Fuck You
Life of Sin
Hellbilly

Attention Deficit Domination:
The Rooster(Alice in Chains)
Dopesmoker(Sleep)
Holy Mountain(Sleep)
In The Camouflage
Bend
Living Beyond Doom
Make A Fall
Aman
I Feel Sacrificed
Fighting the Devils Inside You (Earthride)
Goats N Heathens

Cattle Callin:

Now There's A Bull
37 Heifers
Angus Of Death
Counting Cows
Longhorn
Y Bar Ranch
Branded
Mad Cow
Black Cow

Last edited by christopher; 09-24-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:25 AM
Pass the steak sauce

Hell yeah what an awesome set, this reminds me how badly I wanna see Hank again. He always plays great covers too, I remember him doing Ministry's Stigmata and Slayer's Raining Blood the first time I saw him in '09. I need to get those new albums
10/1 - Priest
10/18 - Immolation/Nunslaughter
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar
Old 09-24-2011, 08:53 AM

I was surprised with the lack of covers tonight. He normally plays a shit ton of covers throughout the show, but only did the Sleep and Earthride covers. I thought that the drums sounded fucking amazing. During Long Hauls, Troopers Holler, and Ghost to a Ghost, there were an intense amount of double kicked pedal for a country song. ADD sounded heavy as fuck. If anyone is into doom metal, then they need to see ADD asap or pick up the album. He almost played the entire record last night and played three cover songs with it. I was up in the front when ADD went on, but moved towards the middle of the pit area so that I could feel the full effect of the heaviness.

Oh god I'm hungover right now
Old 09-24-2011, 08:59 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
...He played for 3 and a half hours....
Some guy asked me to let his girl in front of my to enjoy the show better, but I was the only one around me who was actually enjoying the show at that point, so I told him no. The guys next to me were standing like statues and I was banging my head and screaming along, I don't need to be asked to move.
Great review! That's a LONG ass time to play- you def got your money's worth.

And I know different people enjoy the show in different ways, but people not even moving in the front row? The hell?

I wouldn't have moved to let anyone else in either...
Old 09-24-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchimyo View Post
Great review! That's a LONG ass time to play- you def got your money's worth.

And I know different people enjoy the show in different ways, but people not even moving in the front row? The hell?

I wouldn't have moved to let anyone else in either...
That's the longest set III has performed so far out in Hollywood. Most of the time its 2 hours and 30/45 minutes. I was extremely surprised with the long set because he announced that he was diagnosed with strep throat yesterday morning, but couldn't let Hollywood down on a Friday night. He apologized beforehand for sounded like shit, but I thought he sounded great.

Yeah it was weird! Every time he comes through, everyone is extremely rowdy during the country set. It was tamer then normal. There were two guys standing on the right of me that were literally just standing there and looking straight at III without moving. Everyone else around is pushing and singing a long, but not these guys. I know its not something to complain about, but its just weird to happen at a III show.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:54 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
There were two guys standing on the right of me that were literally just standing there and looking straight at III without moving. Everyone else around is pushing and singing a long, but not these guys. I know its not something to complain about, but its just weird to happen at a III show.

Yeah not complain necessarily, but its def more fun when people around you are PUMPED and into the show, and that typically gets me more amped!

Tags
hank iii