Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 09-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

DAMAGE INCORPORATED
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 09-17-2011, 09:50 PM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Aw hell yeah, I remember about a year or 2 ago I found Scream Bloody Gore at FYE for $5, and I believe it's an original copy too! No bonus tracks although they are awesome. Good pick, that entire album is just awesome. Probably my 3rd favorite Death album as well (behind Symbolic and Leprosy, of course)
Old 09-18-2011, 05:48 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Great idea for a thread. Your first two songs kick ass! Never heard Chemikill before, but that's some good violent thrash -- definitely a Dark Angel vibe to it. The Death song is a no-brainer, I think it was the cause of some near traffic accidents for me back in high school!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
#50 - Chemikill - Kill My Confusion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itCWwiCi9kc

Also if anyone wants to remind me how you make the title the actual link I'll do it that way. Thanks guys!
I just saw a flyer for a band of the same name playing near me in a few weeks, then I realized they were Chemi-kill, a local band
Old 09-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

In Shrouds Decayed by Triptykon at 3:52.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Headbanger

Very cool. Glad people liked the Chemikill. Ironically the last time I saw Chemikill play they opened for Genitorturers on their 1st tour at a place called Steeltown. There was so much nudity and crazy sex acts that the bar was closed forever after the night. Somehow Chemikill faded into obscurity just like Steeltown. How a band that good didn't get signed back then is beyond me.

I'm trying to limit myself to 3 songs per band to keep it diverse but it's going to be tough. Most of the songs are old school but this is a newer one that blew me away at 1st listen and has never let up.

I own a lot of Exodus cd's but other than Bonded By Blood they were just gathering dust. I heard a few people debating Exodus vocalists and it piqued my interest in checking out the new stuff. I remember seeing Riot Act on Headbangers Ball when Jamey Jasta was hosting it and I really liked the riffs. I threw in the last Exodus cd I purchased that I couldn't even remember listening to, Shovel Headed Kill Machine. I liked the opening track Raze but as soon as song 2 kicked in I was all about it. Some people consider air guitar and air drums to be Headbanging 101 and this song will make you do both involuntarily. Even if I don't want them to my fingers go ballsitic at 3:21. I will NEVER get tired of this song.

#48 - Exodus - Deathamphetamine

Last edited by jhdeity; 09-11-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:36 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Very cool. Glad people liked the Chemikill. Ironically the last time I saw Chemikill play they opened for Genitorturers on their 1st tour at a place called Steeltown. There was so much nudity and crazy sex acts that the bar was closed forever after the night. Somehow Chemikill faded into obscurity just like Steeltown. How a band that good didn't get signed back then is beyond me.

I'm trying to limit myself to 3 songs per band to keep it diverse but it's going to be tough. Most of the songs are old school but this is a newer one that blew me away at 1st listen and has never let up.

I own a lot of Exodus cd's but other than Bonded By Blood they were just gathering dust. I heard a few people debating Exodus vocalists and it piqued my interest in checking out the new stuff. I remember seeing Riot Act on Headbangers Ball when Jamey Jasta was hosting it and I really liked the riffs. I threw in the last Exodus cd I purchased that I couldn't even remember listening to, Shovel Headed Kill Machine. I liked the opening track Raze but as soon as song 2 kicked in I was all about it. Some people consider air guitar and air drums to be Headbanging 101 and this song will make you do both involuntarily. Even if I don't want them to my fingers go ballsitic at 3:21. I will NEVER get tired of this song.

#48 - Exodus - Deathamphetamine
hell yeah, that was so fun to scream along to/headbang to live.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
hell yeah, that was so fun to scream along to/headbang to live.
No doubt. Definitely an incredible live song. I was going to post the live version but the drums and solos are so clean on the studio verison that I went with that. I really like the construction of that song if that makes sense. It could have ended at 4 minutes but instead it does a Master of Puppets kinda spin and finish. As much as I love the Bonded By Blood album this song was the highlight for me last time I saw them live.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Headbanger

Some of the best Headbanging songs are the ones with the great intros leading into total mayhem. Metallica was famous for this with Fight Fire with Fire and Battery. This might be my favorite intro into a thrash song. Flotsam used to close with this song back in the day and the 2 minute complex intro leading into the finale of a concert is something I always loved. It's like the calm before the storm...

This song was also the center of some controversy. Apparently some sheep thought the song was neo-Nazi or pro-Hitler when in reality it's just a great thrash song about an interesting topic. It doesn't take a Rocket Surgeon to understand "hope he never lives again" means it's Baaad. mmm-kay?

#47 - Flotsam and Jetsam - Der Fuhrer

Last edited by jhdeity; 09-11-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
In Shrouds Decayed by Triptykon at 3:52.
Yeah that part makes you headbang whether you want to or not.