Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
Yeah the set is definitely gonna be longer, and I agree that they need to throw in some more rarities. I'd kill to hear some Armed and Dangerous or The Enemy, but that's probably never gonna happen again. Regardless of what they play, though, it's fucking Anthrax with Joey Belladonna and it's gonna be amazing. They absolutely killed it when I saw them earlier this year at Heavy TO and I can't wait to see them again in November
Yeah I'd be happy to get NFL, Be All, End All, Among the Living and 2 more off POT like Belly of the Beast, In My World or Keep it in the Family. I know Joey played In My World pretty often solo. That could happen I think.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but Only with Joey annoys me for some reason. There's just something about it I don't like. It doesn't flow properly or something. I also saw Refuse/Resist in a few recent setlists and pretty much the last f'n thing in teheworld Anthrax needs is to play another f'n cover.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 09-13-2011, 03:39 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I also saw Refuse/Resist in a few recent setlists and pretty much the last f'n thing in teheworld Anthrax needs is to play another f'n cover.
They only jammed it a little bit before going into "I Am the Law" when Andreas Kisser was filling in for Scott Ian.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Pass the steak sauce

Quote:
Yeah I'd be happy to get NFL, Be All, End All, Among the Living and 2 more off POT like Belly of the Beast, In My World or Keep it in the Family. I know Joey played In My World pretty often solo. That could happen I think.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but Only with Joey annoys me for some reason. There's just something about it I don't like. It doesn't flow properly or something. I also saw Refuse/Resist in a few recent setlists and pretty much the last f'n thing in teheworld Anthrax needs is to play another f'n cover.
Hell yeah NFL would be great, and I really hope they throw Medusa in there as well. I saw them do the Refuse/Resist cover earlier this year and it wasn't the entire song, only the intro riffing before the vocals kick in. I gotta admit it was pretty cool.... I never expected them to do that. Hopefully they'll surprise me again this time with some deep cuts
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar
Old 09-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
Hell yeah NFL would be great, and I really hope they throw Medusa in there as well. I saw them do the Refuse/Resist cover earlier this year and it wasn't the entire song, only the intro riffing before the vocals kick in. I gotta admit it was pretty cool.... I never expected them to do that. Hopefully they'll surprise me again this time with some deep cuts
Sweet. I can handle that as a cool intro. I forgot A.I.R. too. I don't think any Anthrax setlist is complete without that song.

I saw Joey do Medusa recently and I like the song but maybe it's because he was playing drums and singing but it really came off flat.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 09-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
When I saw them in 2003 they did NFL, Be All End All and Belly Of The Beast. If they can do those with Bush there's no reason they can't pull them off with Joey. It still bothers me that since Joey's come back they've ignored POT so much.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:40 PM
N00B

Only sounds better with John Bush, but Joey did a very good job with it last night. It was my favorite part of the night bc it was the only thing they played that wasn't completely obvious.
Chevelle/Middle Class Rut-8/27
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 09-13-2011, 06:51 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
"At Dawn They Sleep" was awesome too.

I NEED A LINK NAOOO
Old 09-14-2011, 05:18 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post

I NEED A LINK NAOOO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvcN8nHeAs

Frankie actually handles the vocals pretty well (not that it's one of Slayer's harder songs, vocally).

Last edited by makethemsuffer12; 09-14-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:28 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvcN8nHeAs

Frankie actually handles the vocals pretty well (not that it's one of Slayer's harder songs, vocally).
Damn. Sound isn't great, but I'm so impressed that they did that song. That'd be so cool if Slayer pulled it out on their next tour Actually, they're probably doing at the Big 4, too.

And I don't know who Frankie is
Old 09-14-2011, 06:53 PM
N00B

Surprised they did Only

Tags
anthrax