Municipal Waste -- Echo Park, CA -- July 25th, 2014
Masked Intruder -- Kansas City, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > The Starving Musician

Old 09-09-2011, 09:57 AM
not a N00B

thanks so much dude, and i think you mean 5:20 in Amenity, there's no 5:20 in the introduction.

but still, I can't thank you enough for the feedback and constructive criticism. hopefully we'll have these recorded better in a matter of months with another one of our buddies, and we're already hard at work on a full length which we're looking to release next year, probably around this time. we've also been talking with a local band we're good friends with about a possible spring tour up the east coast. and we're looking to get some merch. probably a couple shirts, and stickers. we're not sure exactly what else to get. if you've got any ideas we'd love to hear them. and thanks again for listening, you guys are fucking rad.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:42 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory-Mike View Post
thanks so much dude, and i think you mean 5:20 in Amenity, there's no 5:20 in the introduction.

but still, I can't thank you enough for the feedback and constructive criticism. hopefully we'll have these recorded better in a matter of months with another one of our buddies, and we're already hard at work on a full length which we're looking to release next year, probably around this time. we've also been talking with a local band we're good friends with about a possible spring tour up the east coast. and we're looking to get some merch. probably a couple shirts, and stickers. we're not sure exactly what else to get. if you've got any ideas we'd love to hear them. and thanks again for listening, you guys are fucking rad.
are you going to college next year?
Old 09-09-2011, 10:54 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory-Mike View Post
No problem! That's awesome news. Shirts + stickers are a good idea. CD's, too, of course. And not expensive; you don't really want to make money off of them at first. Just get your name out. I'm twice as likely to buy a cool local band tee if its $5 or $10 versus $15 or $20. I guess at this point, you should just focus on playing as many shows as possible and getting to know your local scene as best as you can.

Logan does raise a good point: you have college, right? That tends to be a little important...
Old 09-09-2011, 10:16 PM
not a N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
are you going to college next year?
yes, I'm going at least this year and next. my entire band is in one area and going to colleges 10 mins or so away from each other, we're going to try as hard as we can to tour on long breaks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
No problem! That's awesome news. Shirts + stickers are a good idea. CD's, too, of course. And not expensive; you don't really want to make money off of them at first. Just get your name out. I'm twice as likely to buy a cool local band tee if its $5 or $10 versus $15 or $20. I guess at this point, you should just focus on playing as many shows as possible and getting to know your local scene as best as you can.

Logan does raise a good point: you have college, right? That tends to be a little important...
yeah, we're gonna charge probably 10 bucks for shirts, depending on how much it cost to make them, but never over 10 for now. also, that's what we're trying to do. we've already made friends with a couple of really promising local bands, and have been playing all the shows we can get on. and yes, but we're going to do our best to work around college.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:30 PM
not a N00B

so, now we're thinking of covering a few songs to throw in at live shows once in a while. we've got the idea of covering only older, more classic stuff that's influenced us (death, atheist, black sabbath, at the gates, etc.) that set the standards for heavy, and more technical music today. the other idea is to cover newer stuff that's influenced us (BTBAM, the contortionist, isis, intronaut, etc.). or a combination of both. any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

SLAUGHTER OF THE SOUL
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 09-13-2011, 07:12 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

eh, I don't see the point of covering newer stuff. I doubt your band is really gonna offer a unique take on "White Walls"
Old 09-13-2011, 08:19 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Isis or Intronaut could be pretty cool. Maybe Baroness?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:19 PM
not a N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
SLAUGHTER OF THE SOUL
we've actually covered that before, it's funny you say that

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
eh, I don't see the point of covering newer stuff. I doubt your band is really gonna offer a unique take on "White Walls"
I totally get where you're coming from, but we'd be playing older stuff, maybe a cover of the primer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Isis or Intronaut could be pretty cool. Maybe Baroness?
that's not a bad idea at all! everyone in the band fucking loves baroness
Old 10-01-2011, 09:56 PM
not a N00B

so, we've decided we are re-recording what we have out right now, plus one new song, for much cheaper in MUCH better quality, so you'll actually be able to listen to it without having to turn it off halfway through.

also, we're trying to venture off of long island a bit, and have a HUGE show announcement for october, but have to wait until it is 100% happening, but it's something a lot of people on this forum might be interested in. also, we're printing merch as soon as we've got the new recordings out.

thanks for reading and continuing to listen to me babble on guys, it means a lot.