Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 09-05-2011, 04:56 PM

The only one I'm most happy and proud of seeing is At The Gates, which was on their reunion tour 3 years ago. One of the best performances I've ever seen.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 09-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
Why? They weren't that good and charged 40 something bucks for each time. They played way too much material from Heartwork. I believe they only played two songs from Reek, a few from Symphonies and a few from Necroticism.
This statement is full of sour grapes and fail. I saw Carcass a few years ago - the show which ultimately led from me being a simple lurker on here to one of the top twenty posters (although it's more about quantity that quality in my case, I'm sure ) - and the show was pretty damned awesome. In fact, it was so awesome that I didn't even mind that I had to stand through the monumentally awful Suicide Silence in order to witness it. The ticket cost was nowhere near $40 (less than $30, as I recall), and they played plenty of old songs (about half the set was composed of material from the first three albums).

y u mad, bro?
Old 09-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Oh, and on the subject of this thread:

Man's Gin and Bruce Lamont are now on my list.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:54 PM
slave to the grind

Carcass - One of my all time favorite bands who I never got to see back in the day. Saw them twice on the reunion tour, both times with Suffocation, plus Rotten Sound at the Hollywood show. The setlist was awesome.

Morbid Angel - My first death metal show when I was 13. Covenant had just come out and David Vincent still ruled. I believe this was also their first show with Erik Rutan on guitar. Seen them twice since with different line ups, but that first time was a life changing event.

Avail - My all time favorite hardcore band. Saw them 8 times before they split up and every one of those shows was amazing. Technically "on hiatus" but I've heard some things that make me believe they're done. I wish I could see them one more time though.

Dystopia - Another band who never officially broke up, but they won't play shows unless Todd is able to. Seems unlikely to ever happen. Saw them 6 times between 1997-2000. Got to share the stage with them the last time I saw them, at Gilman St. in June 2000.

His Hero Is Gone - Saw them play in Matt Martinez's(Landmine Marathon bassist) living room on what wound up being their last U.S. tour. The cops showed up to break the show up, but HHIG played anyway. They played their whole set as fast as they could without stopping and finished before the pigs could come back.

Mr. Bungle - Saw them at an outdoor headlining show on two hits of acid right after California came out. A storm broke out after Dillinger Escape Plan's set and the show almost got rained out. Bungle wound up going on about an hour late, but they were phenomenal. The acid and lightning definitely added to the whole experience.

Nirvana - Saw them at the AZ State Fair about 4 months before Cobain died. Not only was it an awesome performance, but I had just moved here and made some life long friends that night. I'll also never forget the opening salvo of songs, Radio Friendly Unit Shifter, Breed, Drain You, my 3 favorite Nirvana songs!

Pantera - Saw them about a month after Far Beyond Driven came out. Crowbar opened. Pantera were on fire that night. Probably the last tour they did where they played relatively small venues. Never got to see them again after that.

Emperor - On the last(only?) U.S. tour they did before their initial breakup, right after Equillibrium came out. They played the Rialto Theater in Tucson, which is a rad venue, with Witchery, Borknagar, and Peccatum. One of the few black metal bands I like, and definitely the only one that was worth a shit live.

Regurgitate - At MDF in '05 and '07. One of my favorite grind bands, a definite influence on many of the bands I've been in. From what I hear they're not going to be a live band anymore, so I'm glad I got to see them when I did.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Was Todd the reason Dystopia won't play? I thought it was Matt? I'm seeing Mange and Ghoul in a few weeks and Dino and Todd are playing sets that weekend.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
This statement is full of sour grapes and fail. I saw Carcass a few years ago - the show which ultimately led from me being a simple lurker on here to one of the top twenty posters (although it's more about quantity that quality in my case, I'm sure ) - and the show was pretty damned awesome. In fact, it was so awesome that I didn't even mind that I had to stand through the monumentally awful Suicide Silence in order to witness it. The ticket cost was nowhere near $40 (less than $30, as I recall), and they played plenty of old songs (about half the set was composed of material from the first three albums).

y u mad, bro?
They played a lot from Heartwork at GMM 2010 too, but that was one mighty brutal show.

So I'm with ya here.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post

y u mad, bro?
Ok. I just looked at my ticket stubs. The show at the House of Blues with Suffo, 1349 and Aborted was $51.50(41.50 plus $10 service charge) and the California Metalfest with all the other bands I listed was $35 before service charges, but I was able to buy a ticket from Rhett of Gravehill one extremely rainy night for $30. Here's the setlist I got for both shows(the first one didn't have Empathological Necroticism)

Inpropagation
Buried Dreams
Corporal Jigsore Quandary
Carnal Forge
Empathological Necroticism
Incarnated Solvent Abuse
No Love Lost
Edge Of Darkness
This Mortal Coil
Embodiment
Reek Of Putrefaction
Keep On Rotting In The Free World
Genital Grinder
Rotten To The Gore
Death Certificate
Exhume To Consume
Ruptured In Purulence / Heartwork / Carneous Cacoffiny

That is a great selection of the non Heartwork and Swansong songs, but there is way too much Heartwork. That's also fucked up that Ruptured in Purulence and Carneous Cacoffiny were cock teases and played as a medley for Heartwork. Seven songs from Heartwork, two too many from Swansong, three full songs from Necroticism, three full songs from Symphonies and two songs from Reek.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:25 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

So, what the old man said about the set was right then. "About half" from the first three albums. 8/17 is about half.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
So, what the old man said about the set was right then. "About half" from the first three albums. 8/17 is about half.
I never said he was lying for that point I just feel they were a disappointment for playing too much of the melodic death metal songs when I went to hear some goregrind.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:41 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
I never said he was lying for that point I just feel they were a disappointment for playing too much of the melodic death metal songs when I went to hear some goregrind.
I was more reaffirming him. Old people need that from time to time

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka