Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-02-2011, 02:04 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Yes the Evening w/ sets were amazing. I'm glad I got to see one of those. Hell even throwing in a cover song(s), not even necessarily a "Pantera/Crowbar/C.O.C./Insert Any Other Band they've been in" but hell pick some random song/s. Just anything to switch it up. It's been almost literally 4 years since III came out. They've only got what probably around 30 songs to choose from, and a few of those are intro/jam type stuff. Kind of limiting. Hopefully that EP comes out soon.

*Apparently there's 37 to choose from but some of those include B-Sides. And I am almost positive in interviews they've never done Stained Glass Cross (which I'd love to hear as well) so that's minus 1 more songs.

Last edited by 300%_Density; 09-02-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:45 PM
N00B

I definitely saw them do Stained Glass Cross in late '02 at an "Evening with..." show. I think they did it for most of that tour. Definitely wouldn't mind if they bought it back though.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

They did cover Low Rider when I saw them do their last evening with Down. That was awesome. Too bad they don't do their St Vitus cover like they did back in the 90s.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:39 PM
N00B

Alright guys, I need some advice. Down is hitting my area in about 3 weeks. I've yet to see them, but after reading your comments, it sounds like people are a bit disappointed with their current performances. Should I take the $25 plunge and go?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
Alright guys, I need some advice. Down is hitting my area in about 3 weeks. I've yet to see them, but after reading your comments, it sounds like people are a bit disappointed with their current performances. Should I take the $25 plunge and go?
Oh its totally worth it if you haven't seen them before. We are all complaining cause we have all seen Down a few times and they have been sticking to about the same set since III came out. They are worth seeing.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:46 PM
N00B

Cool, thanks. I picked up III on a whim a few years ago, and couldn't really get into it with the exception of a few songs. N.O.L.A., on the other hand, has a permanent spot on my iPod playlist. Is Rex playing with them again?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Veteran of the Trade

Quote:
Cool, thanks. I picked up III on a whim a few years ago, and couldn't really get into it with the exception of a few songs. N.O.L.A., on the other hand, has a permanent spot on my iPod playlist. Is Rex playing with them again?
nope Rex isn't playing with them. I think it will be a longtime; if ever that we'll see Rex playing with Down again. They are definitely worth seeing also, and I promise you'll enjoy the show.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:08 PM
N00B

That's a bummer, but I think I'll take your advice and go. I'm glad they're still opening with Eyes of the South. Is Rex's leave still due to medical situations, or is there bad blood or something?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:18 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
That's a bummer, but I think I'll take your advice and go. I'm glad they're still opening with Eyes of the South. Is Rex's leave still due to medical situations, or is there bad blood or something?
There was an interview w/ Phil on blabbermouth today and it seemed like it was a mutual thing. No bad blood I don't think, he mentioned how Rex had a family and 2 kids, to me it looked like he could do the touring/family balancing act anymore if I had to guess. Phil said that there was no bad blood.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:23 AM
Fragments of a sunbeam glaring on a kitchen knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
After seeing this, I'm not so bummed about missing them next week. That's pretty much the same set I saw on the Down/Melvins/Weedeater tour a few years ago. I really wish they would just go back to the evening with Down sets. Those were

Tags
down