Judas Priest -- Worcester, MA -- July 26th, 1988
Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Avid Taco Bell Fan

Sounds like you canucks got screwed, I saw Godsmack, Red Jumpsuit Faggaratus AND Adrenaline Mob in Casper, WY on August 26th. Bummer Adrenaline Mob wasn't on the bill, they were pretty solid. I was stoked to finally see Portnoy live, but I'm not sure the tunes they played really showcased the greatness that is Mike Portnoy. Cool nonetheless though. I snagged a couple beers during Red Jumpsuit, but Godsmack's set looks identical to what we got 3 days earlier. Always solid live. I really liked Sully's "rant" during Whatever about Youtube and cell phones, too bad that shit's as true as it really is.
7/5/2019 - Iron Buffalo
Old 08-30-2011, 07:15 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Well I was a bit sick at the time so that probably made the weather feel worse. I've always considered Godsmack to be metal, they just have a heavier sound then your average rock band. I gotta agree with you with bad ass arena shows though, it just adds to the experience so much when you're at a bigger venue. I probably would of enjoyed the show more if I wasn't feeling like shit yesterday. Thanks for the set update, though. Also, it's nice to see another person from SK around here.
Yeah I think being sick would make it worse, my manager at work is pregnant and she hasn't been taking the heat well this summer, to say the least

To me they've always just been a hard rock band. They're definitely heavier than your average rock band, but I don't know, "metal" just doesn't really describe them for me. But whatever, musical genres are just labels to define what a band sounds like. They sound like Godsmack to me, no point in getting tied up with specifics I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Juice View Post
I really liked Sully's "rant" during Whatever about Youtube and cell phones, too bad that shit's as true as it really is.
Yes! He did the same rant here and I thought it was great, totally agreed with it - though sadly I'm guilty of snapping a few shots with my new iPhone at this show, as I was curious to see how good the camera is in a concert setting, so I guess I shouldn't be talking But generally I dislike seeing a constant wave of cell phones in the air at shows. People really should spend more time experiencing it with their senses, they can watch a band behind a screen any other time in their life, those precious few hours of a concert are the one time you get to see them in the real world.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:06 PM
N00B

Yeah, Sully's speech kinda got to me ha ha. I kind of have a rule though that when I'm at the show I'll only record a song or two so I can remember the show later but I want to be able to enjoy it, especially if it's a band I really like.
Nov 23rd - Devin Townsend Project (?)

Tags
godsmack, the red jumpsuit apparatus