Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-30-2011, 12:34 PM
N00B

Godsmack -- Regina, Saskatchewan -- August 29th, 2011

Before I start my review I just wanted to say that it is a 5 hour drive from where I live to Regina. To top that off I wasn't feeling that well that day and it was a +30C (86F) day outside. So, 5 hour drive + me feeling sick + crazy hot day = me not having too fun of a time. I mainly went because my friend paid for the tickets and it's his favorite band and I'd want him to do the same for me. I'm just glad we had stands seats and not on the floor because I don't think I would have been able to take it. I should also note that the sets are from setlist.fm so I can't vouch for the accuracy 100%. Anyways, on with the review:

THE RED JUMPSUIT APPARATUS:
Fall From Grace
In Fate's Hands
Reap
Guitar Solo (Josh Burke)
Your Guardian Angel
You Better Pray
False Pretense
Face Down

I honestly didn't know what to think about these guys going in since I never really bothered to listen to them before but honestly for a band of young kids they aren't that bad. Nothing I'd really brag about seeing though unless they hit it ultra famous one day.

GODSMACK:
Cryin' Like a Bitch
The Enemy
Forever Shamed
Straight Out of Line
Awake
The Oracle
Keep Away
Speak
Love Hate Sex Pain
Voodoo
Batalla de los Tambores (With bits of Back in Black, War Pigs, Creeping Death and a Led Zeppelin song I couldn't identify)
Whatever
ENCORE:
Serenity
I Stand Alone

Godsmack was pretty good. They are talented guys for sure, but honestly hearing them play a longer set their songs do start to blend together. The drum duel was really cool though and it was fun singing along with War Pigs and Creeping Death. My friend fucking loved it though so I guess that's the important thing. This was also one of the tamest crowds I had ever seen at a metal show with a general admission floor with only one small pit for most of the show until towards the end. Also, I should note that the arena wasn't even close to half ways full which is kind of sad considering the Brandt Centre in Regina is quite a bit smaller then the CUC in Saskatoon.

I'll have some videos up later on my Youtube channel if anyone is interested. Also if anyone else happened to be there I'd appreciate it if you could confirm the accuracy of the set.

Last edited by Christen; 08-30-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:50 PM
That Guy

I take it Adrenaline Mob wasn't opening this show?
Old 08-30-2011, 12:53 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I take it Adrenaline Mob wasn't opening this show?
Adrenaline Mob is opening for the September dates, Red Jumpsuit August. It kinda let me down that they didn't open, I was looking forward to it until I found out.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:21 PM
things are more than just what you see

the inclusion of serenity is pretty awesome. I'd really love to see that one live.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 08-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
To top that off I wasn't feeling that well that day and it was a +30C (86F) day outside. So, 5 hour drive + me feeling sick + crazy hot day = me not having too fun of a time.
Holy shit, I would kill to live somewhere where 86F is considered crazy hot.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 08-30-2011, 02:37 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent Mike View Post
Holy shit, I would kill to live somewhere where 86F is considered crazy hot.
You'd probably love our winters then. :P
Old 08-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
You'd probably love our winters then. :P
I dunno if I could handle that haha. I think I'd rather have your summers and keep the winters I already have.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 08-30-2011, 03:53 PM
N00B

I've lived in Saskatchewan most of my life and I really don't consider 30 degrees to be "crazy hot" at all. Everytime it gets that hot I hear everybody complain about it but it really doesn't bother me. Sure I wouldn't spend all afternoon exercising in the hot sun or anything like that, but I still FAR prefer it to -30 with snow, ice, and blowing winds... winter SUCKS!

But anyway, that's a bit off topic. I was at this show and I really enjoyed it. Been a Godsmack fan since I saw them open for Metallica in 2004. This was my fourth time seeing them and it was worth the drive from Saskatoon. I only caught the last 3 songs of Red Jumpsuit Appartus and I thought they were terrible, something only teenage girls would probably enjoy. Couldn't wait for them to get off the stage.

The turnout was definitely poor, especially considering the Brandt Center only holds about 7000 people, but it really didn't surprise me. Last time they played in Regina (2007) they played at the Conexus Arts Center, which is much smaller. They're just not a super huge arena band anymore, and I think putting them in a venue like that without another popular band (Metallica, Motley Crue, etc.) doesn't really work.

And yeah the crowd was fairly tame (though I have to disagree about this being a "metal" show, I don't consider Godsmack to really be metal at all), but it wasn't too bad (on the floor, anyway). Everyone around me seemed to be really enjoying themselves, they just weren't the type to go slamming around all the time. Also there were a couple of little kids right on the rail in front of me, Sully handed one of them a drumstick which I thought was really cool (and they got out of there when Sully started telling everyone to go nuts during the end of Whatever, haha)

That setlist is accurate, except they played Forever Shamed in between The Enemy and Straight Out Of Line. Would've liked for them to put in some slightly more obscure songs here and there (as this was more or less just the "greatest hits" from each album), but it was still enjoyable. Good show overall, glad I went, and I hope to see them again. I also hope to see them play with their usual full stage show (lasers, pyro, video screens, etc.) While the toned show was a pretty cool idea, I do sort of have a hard-on for big arena stage shows
Old 08-30-2011, 04:11 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarian13 View Post
I've lived in Saskatchewan most of my life and I really don't consider 30 degrees to be "crazy hot" at all. Everytime it gets that hot I hear everybody complain about it but it really doesn't bother me. Sure I wouldn't spend all afternoon exercising in the hot sun or anything like that, but I still FAR prefer it to -30 with snow, ice, and blowing winds... winter SUCKS!

But anyway, that's a bit off topic. I was at this show and I really enjoyed it. Been a Godsmack fan since I saw them open for Metallica in 2004. This was my fourth time seeing them and it was worth the drive from Saskatoon. I only caught the last 3 songs of Red Jumpsuit Appartus and I thought they were terrible, something only teenage girls would probably enjoy. Couldn't wait for them to get off the stage.

The turnout was definitely poor, especially considering the Brandt Center only holds about 7000 people, but it really didn't surprise me. Last time they played in Regina (2007) they played at the Conexus Arts Center, which is much smaller. They're just not a super huge arena band anymore, and I think putting them in a venue like that without another popular band (Metallica, Motley Crue, etc.) doesn't really work.

And yeah the crowd was fairly tame (though I have to disagree about this being a "metal" show, I don't consider Godsmack to really be metal at all), but it wasn't too bad (on the floor, anyway). Everyone around me seemed to be really enjoying themselves, they just weren't the type to go slamming around all the time. Also there were a couple of little kids right on the rail in front of me, Sully handed one of them a drumstick which I thought was really cool (and they got out of there when Sully started telling everyone to go nuts during the end of Whatever, haha)

That setlist is accurate, except they played Forever Shamed in between The Enemy and Straight Out Of Line. Would've liked for them to put in some slightly more obscure songs here and there (as this was more or less just the "greatest hits" from each album), but it was still enjoyable. Good show overall, glad I went, and I hope to see them again. I also hope to see them play with their usual full stage show (lasers, pyro, video screens, etc.) While the toned show was a pretty cool idea, I do sort of have a hard-on for big arena stage shows
Well I was a bit sick at the time so that probably made the weather feel worse. I've always considered Godsmack to be metal, they just have a heavier sound then your average rock band. I gotta agree with you with bad ass arena shows though, it just adds to the experience so much when you're at a bigger venue. I probably would of enjoyed the show more if I wasn't feeling like shit yesterday. Thanks for the set update, though. Also, it's nice to see another person from SK around here.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Custom User Title

Fuck the summers here and fuck the winters too. 30 blows, -30 does too, but I'd say I prefer the winter because I hate sweating.

Tags
godsmack, the red jumpsuit apparatus