King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Rats off to ya

The Damned Things -- New York, NY -- August 26th, 2011

I originally had no plans of attending this show but my friend invited me last night and I figured it would be good to go to another show before school starts and I've been getting into Fair To Midland lately so I wound up going to this show on short notice. I met up with the people I planned to go with in the city and we took a cab to the venue. At the venue we just chilled by merch for most of the time because the support was just a couple local bands. We were really hoping to see Scott Ian but he never showed up. We got to talk to some of the guys from FTM and eventually Rob Caggiano walked out and talked to us. Rob was cool, he signed my ticket and my friends copy of We've Come For You All. We finally went up to the stage when FTM was coming on and they put on a great show.

Fair To Midland:
Whiskey and Ritalin
Tall Tales Taste Like Sour Grapes
Golden Parachutes
A Seafarers Knot
Amarillo Sleeps on my Pillow
Musical Chairs
Dance of the Manatee

There was another opening band I didn't care to see after FTM so we went back down to merch. No one we didn't already see came out so we just hung out and talked til the band was off. About 25 minutes before they went on I went up and grabbed a good spot for The Damned Things. They put on a great show despite only having 1 hour of material to play. The one problem was that there was tons of douche bags at this show. These were the kinds of douche bags you can tell don't give a shit about any of the bands playing and that they just want to get drunk and go in pits. To go along with the douche bags were plentiful amounts of drunk chicks who poured drinks on me and clawed at my back during the set. Even with all the douchebaggery I still had a good time. After the last song Rob threw some picks into the crowd and a douche bag elbowed me in the face and threw me on top of my friend (who was already on the floor) just to get a pick. I managed to get one off the floor where said douche bag threw me.

The Damned Things:
Graverobber
Handbook for the Recently Diseased
Ironiclast
Black Heart
Little Darling
A Great Reckoning
Bad Blood
Fazer (Quicksand cover)
The Blues Havin' Blues
Friday Night (Going Down in Flames)
We've Got a Situation Here

After the show we tried one more to meet Scott Ian but we had no luck. A security guy told us that Scott left the building once they were done performing. Luckily I got to meet the singer of Fair To Midland. I told him he played great and he gave me a hug . In one final attempt to Find Scott Ian we looked for the tour bus but we gave of after walking in a complete circle. All in all it was a good night.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Banned Asshole

Was the other opener Maylene & the Sons of Disaster?

This tour was supposed to be here Sunday night, but has been postponed due to the hurricane. Hopefully the rescheduled date is favorable to me, and I can go.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:50 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Luckily I got to meet the singer of Fair To Midland. I told him he played great and he gave me a hug
You should feel pretty damn fortunate about that. Darroh RARELY hangs out with the crowd. He usually goes straight to the bus and stays there.

Cliff, the guitarist, though. I hang out with him at every Minnesota show. I got a shit ton of Anchors and Arrows stickers from him that will be collectors items because they have the original album release date on them, rather then the July date. He's a really cool guy.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:46 PM
N00B

lucky you didnt meet scott ian, that guy is one of the biggest douchebags ive ever met, its a big dissapointment because he seems like he would be real cool
Old 08-27-2011, 12:54 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by causeofdeath View Post
lucky you didnt meet scott ian, that guy is one of the biggest douchebags ive ever met, its a big dissapointment because he seems like he would be real cool
generally your opinion seems to be dead on of Scott Ian, but i interviewed him for an hour on WSOU when i was in college and he was really really cool and loved BSing with me on the air. granted, it's a very different setting, but he was great to me and everyone else around that night. He was promoting the new SOD at the time, so maybe he put on his best face bc its a smaller project.
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 08-27-2011, 01:25 AM
N00B

Maylene is awesome, you should have watched them.
Four Year Strong
Old 08-27-2011, 09:26 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
You should feel pretty damn fortunate about that. Darroh RARELY hangs out with the crowd. He usually goes straight to the bus and stays there.
Yeah, probably 'cause he's hyped up on some crazy drugs and can't physically talk to people. Seriously, the man I witnessed in Chicago earlier this year was in an altered state of mind. Absolutely insane.

Did they do anything crazy during this show? FTM is definitely up there with one of the off-the-walls, go insane, Dillinger-Escape-Plan-esque stunts on stage that I've seen. And although there were about 40 people in the crowd, half of everyone had a sick pit going on most of their set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLed19 View Post
Yeah, I've heard that too. Would like to see them sometime.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Yeah, probably 'cause he's hyped up on some crazy drugs and can't physically talk to people. Seriously, the man I witnessed in Chicago earlier this year was in an altered state of mind. Absolutely insane.
When I met him he was shaking and had his shirt over his head like conrholio.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLed19 View Post
I didn't see any merch with that name on it.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:36 PM
N00B

Thats who is touring with them.
Four Year Strong

Tags
fair to midland, the damned things