A Drug Against War
Attak/Reload
Hau Ruck
----
WWIII
DIY
Day of Light
Godlike

There was supposed to be two opening groups who I didn't care about so I figured showing up one hour after the offical show start time would be good. I showed up about 5 minutes before KMFDM started, I guess one of the opening groups must not have been there. Thank God Boise is small enough that I was able to park about 3 minutes walking time from the venue and for free. The show started with a couple of new songs of which Amnesia is the best I think. Sascha doesn't move a lot but still gets the job done singing and playing and the entire band sounded great. Lucia is the star of the show as she moves around much more and provides great stage presence, prowling the stage on the songs where she sings.
I wasn't sure how this concert would go as KMFDM is sometimes too techno for me but I would rank this concert up with Ministry at their peak as all the songs sounded much better with a full band. There was no breaks for crowd interaction or "How you doing Boise?" as the band went straight from one song to the next which was fine with me since this show absolutely rocked. I am surprised my neck is OK after headbanging to the thunderous riffs of Hau Ruck for the first finale. My only slight complant with the show is I think they milked the applause a little too much before coming back for the encore but that is a small complaint for such a great show.
KMFDM deserves credit for a couple of things here, first was they are selling the download of whatever show you attend for a reasonable $10. I bought a code at the merch stand to buy this show, also shirts were $20. Second was they all came out after the show to talk with fans, sign whatever you wanted, etc. and seemed like nice people. Sascha signed my CD booklet and even my shirt without being asked. I got some good pictures although my wife seemed to have "accidentally" jittered what would have been a great pic of me and Lucia. This tour is almost over but if you ever have the chance to see KMFDM, you should go! I will even travel if I have to to see the next one.
11-21 Judas Priest
Old 08-26-2011, 07:57 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Crew View Post
There was no breaks for crowd interaction or "How you doing Boise?" as the band went straight from one song to the next which was fine with me since this show absolutely rocked.
Def agree. Saw 'em at Recher theatre, and the setlist was (about if not) the same!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:10 AM
From beyond beyond the thunder dome

Decent setlist but I would be a little mad they didn't play Megalomaniac. Then again they should just add more songs off Symbols all together.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesclash516 View Post
Decent setlist but I would be a little mad they didn't play Megalomaniac. Then again they should just add more songs off Symbols all together.
Agreed. Also needs more Xtort.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 08-26-2011, 07:50 PM
N00B

saw this tour in philly. AMAZING show...including the support act, ARMY OF THE UNIVERSE! more bands need to consider selling downloads...who knows, DVD downloads could be next? c'mon...SOMEBODY in the music biz needs to investigate this fan-friendly and PROFITABLE venture!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:53 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesclash516 View Post
I was hoping for Glory but I don't have too many complaints. I'm thinking I must have left off Megalomaniac in my setlist writing or been taking a piss break then since in checking other setlists, it looks like they played it most other dates. I will have to wait until next week when the live downloads are released to know for sure. Can't wait to hear this one again!
11-21 Judas Priest

Tags
kmfdm