Runes To My Memory
Asator
Guardians Of Asgaard
The Sound Of Eight Hooves
Varyags Of Miklagaard
Embrace Of The Endless Ocean
Free Will Sacrifice
Death In Fire
Victorious March (HOLY SHIT this song is SO good live!)
---
Cry Of The Blackbirds
Valhall Awaits Me
Pursuit Of Vikings

Same set as the rest of this leg of the tour. Now to the review:

This was at The Rave in Milwaukee. There are 3 stages there, the basement, bigger room on the middle level and the Eagles Ballroom upstairs. This one was at the middle level stage. There were a lot of people there but it fit everyone fine.

I missed Amon Amarth when they came to Chicago back in April because it sold out before I could get a ticket, so I decided that there would be no way I will miss them in Milwaukee. Thankfully 2 of my friends were planning on going up there and had wanted to go with me.

Never in my life have I seen a band so happy to be on stage. Everyone in Amon Amarth had the biggest smiles on their faces when they were playing and in between songs. Of course, they put on a hell of a show for everyone.

The first set was all of Surtur Rising, of course. But the second set is where things got REALLY awesome. Hearing songs from the rest of the albums live in a whole other set was just mind blowing. Johan is hilarious as well. During the Pursuit of Vikings, he stopped the song to have us sing the part "ODIN, GUIDE OUR SHIPS..." He did that 3 times, and for the second time he said, "It's ok if you don't know the words, it's death metal, no one can tell the difference!"

Also, I think 10 years ago around this time, Amon Amarth came to the U.S. for the first time in support of The Crusher and Milwaukee was the very first city they played. That actually explained why they loved Milwaukee so much. Also, they now have a special beer. I don't know much about it, but apparently at the Chicago show in April they had it too.

My only complaint about this show was a lot of the crowd. The number of tripp pants, nu metal shirts and just all around Hot Topic kiddies outnumbered the actual metalheads like no other. I don't know if this was like that at the other shows, but it was weird and annoying. All of them were taking their shirts off and just running into the crowd thinking they were hot shit. And of course, there was the obligatory guy with the MFH shirt.

Aside from the crowd, this show was awesome! I'm glad to have finally seen Amon Amarth and I really hope they come back and I can catch them in Chicago!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
War Of The Gods
Töck's Taunt - Loke's Treachery Part II
Destroyer Of The Universe
Slaves Of Fear
Live Without Regrets
The Last Stand Of Frej
For Victory Or Death
Wrath Of The Norsemen
A Beast I Am
Doom Over Dead Man

Twilight Of The Thunder God
The Last With Pagan Blood
For The Stabwounds In Our Backs
Runes To My Memory
Asator
Guardians Of Asgaard
The Sound Of Eight Hooves
Varyags Of Miklagaard
Embrace Of The Endless Ocean
Free Will Sacrifice
Death In Fire
Victorious March (HOLY SHIT this song is SO good live!)
---
Cry Of The Blackbirds
Valhall Awaits Me
Pursuit Of Vikings

Same set as the rest of this leg of the tour. Now to the review:

This was at The Rave in Milwaukee. There are 3 stages there, the basement, bigger room on the middle level and the Eagles Ballroom upstairs. This one was at the middle level stage. There were a lot of people there but it fit everyone fine.

I missed Amon Amarth when they came to Chicago back in April because it sold out before I could get a ticket, so I decided that there would be no way I will miss them in Milwaukee. Thankfully 2 of my friends were planning on going up there and had wanted to go with me.

Never in my life have I seen a band so happy to be on stage. Everyone in Amon Amarth had the biggest smiles on their faces when they were playing and in between songs. Of course, they put on a hell of a show for everyone.

The first set was all of Surtur Rising, of course. But the second set is where things got REALLY awesome. Hearing songs from the rest of the albums live in a whole other set was just mind blowing. Johan is hilarious as well. During the Pursuit of Vikings, he stopped the song to have us sing the part "ODIN, GUIDE OUR SHIPS..." He did that 3 times, and for the second time he said, "It's ok if you don't know the words, it's death metal, no one can tell the difference!"

Also, I think 10 years ago around this time, Amon Amarth came to the U.S. for the first time in support of The Crusher and Milwaukee was the very first city they played. That actually explained why they loved Milwaukee so much. Also, they now have a special beer. I don't know much about it, but apparently at the Chicago show in April they had it too.

My only complaint about this show was a lot of the crowd. The number of tripp pants, nu metal shirts and just all around Hot Topic kiddies outnumbered the actual metalheads like no other. I don't know if this was like that at the other shows, but it was weird and annoying. All of them were taking their shirts off and just running into the crowd thinking they were hot shit. And of course, there was the obligatory guy with the MFH shirt.

Aside from the crowd, this show was awesome! I'm glad to have finally seen Amon Amarth and I really hope they come back and I can catch them in Chicago!
The beer I think is called Ragnarok. I only remember because they posted a picture of Johan with it on their Facebook.
Wait, here we go! http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=162428

The rest of it sounds just like the Chicago show, minus the crowd, which I really don't know how to explain. But still, sounds like it was awesome!

Last edited by llama lom; 08-25-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Wrath!

Quote:
This is very absurd to me. The closest we get to that here are a few people with the "scene" hairstyles who chill out at the back and wear COB or Black Dahlia Murder shirts...
Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Johan is hilarious as well. During the Pursuit of Vikings, he stopped the song to have us sing the part "ODIN, GUIDE OUR SHIPS..." He did that 3 times, and for the second time he said, "It's ok if you don't know the words, it's death metal, no one can tell the difference!"

he must say that everywhere cause he did said that both in Montreal and Québec city

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 08-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Pass the steak sauce

Hell yeah this was a great show, just saw them last weekend in Rochester. Love the extended set
10/18 - Anvil
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar
Old 09-05-2011, 07:43 AM
RockersDigest Reviewer

Saw the same set at the House Of Blues in Las Vegas on 1 September.

Amon Amarth were on top form.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
he must say that everywhere cause he did said that both in Montreal and Québec city
Boise too. And the second set was way better than the first, I just cannot get into the new album.

Tags
amon amarth