Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-15-2011, 09:53 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
Great review Sep. I remember Mike saying Masters of Legalized Confusion but I wasn't paying attention the second he said it and forgot. I kept trying to remember what he said, but had no luck. Hmm that's weird it wasn't Depress. What was the song they played right before Peace Through War then? I was stuck between My Name is God and Depress cause it had the fast ass punk part that those two songs have. Idk, I was out of it and can't remember it clearly.
It's all good.
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 08-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Why won't Pentagram play Be Forewarned? That's such a great song.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
Why won't Pentagram play Be Forewarned? That's such a great song.
Hey bro....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDBnlLWpViw

Enjoy

Watching this really makes want EHG to come back

They are one of those bands that I would go see in a heart beat again. Even if it meant a good 2-3 hour drive ahead of me
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 08-15-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Hey bro....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDBnlLWpViw

Enjoy

Watching this really makes want EHG to come back

They are one of those bands that I would go see in a heart beat again. Even if it meant a good 2-3 hour drive ahead of me
Oh awesome!!! Now we can figure out the setlist a little better. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Looks like that guy who filmed EHG filmed most of the bands

Edit 2:Scratch that, only EHG, Black Breath and Seven Sisters of Sleep..

Last edited by christopher; 08-15-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:11 PM

I finalized the setlist. I guess they played Serving Time in the Middle of Nowhere, then played half of My Name is God and ended with Peace Through War.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:25 PM

Goddammit!! I just found out there was a free show at Vacation Vinyl yesterday with Seven Sisters of Sleep, Baptists, All Pigs Must Die and Trap Them. I guess it was some POTR after party for LA.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post

Apparently they did do an encore and they played my favorite song by them, WARTIME!!!...I didn't want to believe it but it was true. There are even videos on youtube from the show with them doing the encores..... I couldn't believe it. I found this out a couple minutes before I started work today. long story short, I left to work in a really shitty fucking mood with a dark cloud over my head. damn I'm a fucking stooge :,(
Oh how I wish they did all of the songs on this list. Songs were cut due to time (a lot of time was burned because Pentagram came on pretty late for some reason and Victor wasted a lot of time standing around and complaining about random crap throughout the show). I know for a fact that Call the Man was not played, and I'm pretty sure Nothing Left and 8 weren't played either. I'm not sure about Vampyre Love, Bobby didn't introduce it like the other songs. I was actually really surprised, between the two big shots in the band, Victor and Bobby, Bobby ended up being the one who was most professional throughout the show. His performance was flawless, he was ready to go after every song, and he would console the crowd during Victor's random breaks. That being said, Victor's guitar playing was still beyond awesome, it was just a shame that he couldn't be bothered to do a soundcheck before the performance unlike the drummer and the bassist, and that he nearly ruined Treat Me Right by complaining about the lights (dude actually stopped playing, walked up to the main vocal mic and yelled "put on the fucking lights") in the middle of the song.

The band went straight from Broken Vows into Relentless without a break, which was pretty awesome. Treat Me Right was botched since Victor complained about the lights in the middle of his solo and the song almost fell apart completely as a result (which sucks since it's one of my favorite Pentagram songs), and Forever My Queen had no guitar until the last minute when Victor fixed whatever cable problem he had. After that it was smooth sailing though. Too Late, Broken Vows, Relentless and All Your Sins rocked the shit out of me. Despite all the mishaps and cut songs, the band still played for a solid 80 minutes, especially since I was expecting only an hour. Oh yeah Sep, I'm pretty sure the encore wasn't planned. The audience started chanting the band name a minute after they left, and Bobby came out and said that they'd do an encore if the organizers would let them, and I guess they got the OK, since they did Ghoul, Wartime and When the Screams Come for the encore.

This is what I think the setlist ended up being, if anyone can correct me, go for it.

1. Treat Me Right
2. Forever My Queen
3. Review Your Choices
4. Sign of the Wolf
5. Evil Seed
6. Too Late
7. All Your Sins
8. Broken Vows
9. Relentless
10. Nothing Left/Relentless
Encore
11. Ghoul
12. Wartime
13. When the Screams Come
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31

Last edited by Onioner; 08-24-2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Just remembered the proper setlist
Old 08-15-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Oh yeah Sep, I'm pretty sure the encore wasn't planned. The audience started chanting the band name a minute after they left, and Bobby came out and said that they'd do an encore if the organizers would let them, and I guess they got the OK, since they did Ghoul, Wartime and When the Screams Come for the encore.
Goddammit. I honestly thought there wasn't going to be no encores

They did their "GOOD NIGHT LOS ANGELES, WE LOVE YOU" Bullshit like any other band so I thought that would be the perfect opportunity for me to race back to my car and get the fuck out of LA and back to irvine. Not the case, I guess..

Fuck, I wish I didn't leave before the encore
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Tags
eyehategod, pentagram, winter