Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Death by Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchimyo View Post
That sounds like a great show. I am considering rethinking going to see rhinobucket with my buddy instead of this lineup next week
Yeah, you should really think about going specially if haven't seen them before!
10/11-King Diamond
10/12-Suffocation?
10/13-Sonata Arctica
Old 08-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

They're really cool live if you haven't seen them before, but I saw them about a dozen times over a 2 year period and I'm just burnt out on seeing them. They play the same set over and over and always promise me songs off of Hell on Earth but I never get them. I was hoping for a nice change up with the new record being out, but its the same songs with 3 of the new ones.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Death by Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
They're really cool live if you haven't seen them before, but I saw them about a dozen times over a 2 year period and I'm just burnt out on seeing them. They play the same set over and over and always promise me songs off of Hell on Earth but I never get them. I was hoping for a nice change up with the new record being out, but its the same songs with 3 of the new ones.
I know what you mean by that. As long as they don't turn into a Metallica then they're OK in my book though. Just thankful we're actually getting good thrash bands for club level shows.
10/11-King Diamond
10/12-Suffocation?
10/13-Sonata Arctica
Old 08-11-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm4bama View Post
I know what you mean by that. As long as they don't turn into a Metallica then they're OK in my book though. Just thankful we're actually getting good thrash bands for club level shows.
What do you mean "turn into a Metallica"? Do you mean get on the same level as Metallica where they are playing giant venues? Cause that won't happen anytime soon. They've been around for 12 years or so and are still playing tiny ass places. I would like them to be like Metallica in that they chang the set up from night to night and actually throw something sweet my way each time I see them.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Death by Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
What do you mean "turn into a Metallica"? Do you mean get on the same level as Metallica where they are playing giant venues? Cause that won't happen anytime soon. They've been around for 12 years or so and are still playing tiny ass places. I would like them to be like Metallica in that they chang the set up from night to night and actually throw something sweet my way each time I see them.
No, I meant like sell out like they did. Which hopefully nothing like that will ever happen. Joel seems to be pretty happy with what he does. And another thing is that he just comes up with songs off top of his head when they're playing live so you would think he would throw a good rare one requested by his fans every now and then.
10/11-King Diamond
10/12-Suffocation?
10/13-Sonata Arctica
Old 08-14-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm4bama View Post
No, I meant like sell out like they did. Which hopefully nothing like that will ever happen. Joel seems to be pretty happy with what he does. And another thing is that he just comes up with songs off top of his head when they're playing live so you would think he would throw a good rare one requested by his fans every now and then.
He doesn't just come up with random ass songs off the top of his head to play. They have a list of 15 songs or so they will play over and over each night and he just says what he wants at the moment. The set may vary from night to night, but its basically the same shit over and over.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Topher is very correct. Since 2008 Ive seen them play the same thing every show, all they did was add a few new songs. The first few times I saw him he actually DID bust out some stuff like Atomik Destruktor and Hell on Earth, but has since backed off of those. They know all those songs as best as you can Im sure (although Joel still doesn't do some of the solos live), and I doubt they could do unrehearsed ones sadly since even though the other musicians got credits on the new album, they weren't in the band prior to this and I doubt they'd have any idea how to play them. I love TH and the new album is excellent but I've seen the same songs so much that I don't feel like the 2 hour endeavor it would take for me to see them anywhere, at least until they mix up the set.

Tags
holy grail, toxic holocaust