Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-13-2011, 05:39 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Summer Slaughter -- Worcester, MA -- August 12th, 2011

Great fucking show. Sets now, review later when I am more awake.

Within The Ruins:
Controller
Versus
Infamy
Invade

Fleshgod Apocalypse:
The Violation
In Honour Of Reason
The Egoism
Thru Our Scars

As Blood Runs Black included:
In Dying Days
My Fears Became Phobias
Hester Prynne

Oceano included:
Emphathy For Leviathan
District Of Misery(closer)

Dying Fetus:
Homicidial Retribution
One Shot, One Kill
Shepard's Commandment
Descent Into Depravity
Praise The Lord (Opium Of The Masses)
Your Treachery Will Die With You

Powerglove:
X-Men
Storm Eagle
Power, Wisdom, Courage (Zelda)
Metal Kombat For The Mortal Man
Tetris
Gotta Catch Em' All
Mario A-Minor

Six Feet Under included:
Stripped, Raped, and Strangled
No Warning Shot
Seed Of Filth
Hammer Smashed Face

Darkest Hour:
Terra Nocturnus (intro)
The World Engulfed In Flames
With A Thousand Words To Say But One
Savor The Kill
The Sadist Nation
Love As A Weapon
Your Everyday Disaster
Convalescene
Doomsayer (The Beginning Of The End)

Whitechapel:
Breeding Violence
Possession
The Darkest Day Of Man
Reprogrammed To Hate
End Of Flesh
Unnerving
Death Becomes Him
Vicer Exiciser
Eternal Refuge
This Is Exile

The Black Dahlia Murder:
A Shrine To Madness
Everything Went Black
A Vulgar Picture
Nocturnal
Moonlight Equillibrium
Malchenments Of Necrosphere
Statutory Ape
Necropolis
Carbonized In Cruciform
What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Deathmask Divine
Miasma
I Will Return
Blood In The Ink
Unhallowed
Funeral Thirst

Scores:
Within The Ruins 7/10
Fleshgod Apocalypse 8.5/10
As Blood Runs Black 3.5/10
Oceano 2.5/10
Dying Fetus 9/10
Powerglove 8/10
Six Feet Under 2/10
Darkest Hour 8.5/10
Whitechapel 8/10
The Black Dahlia Murder 9.5/10

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Meh.

I'm so pissed I couldn't go.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama lom View Post
I'm so pissed I couldn't go.
You missed a great fucking show man. It was actually one of the best crowds I've seen at a show. There was only a limited number of hardcore dancers and douchebags. Even bands like Whitechapel and Within The Ruins got really good circle pits going.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:58 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Nice; those scores are pretty close to my ratings also. It was really fun this year.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Here is a quick review

Within The Ruins:Pretty good actually. I gave them a second chance on record recently and I was actually pretty impressed with their last record Invade. They are deathcore, they have a lot of breakdowns, but their guitarist is really good. If they cut down the breakdowns and got a better vocalist (their vocalist isn't awful, but he's nothing special), they would a great band. The only issue with their set was the mix. The guitars overpowered everything else and you honestly couldn't make out the drums. I still wish Revocation was the opener, but Within The Ruins did a respectable job in that slot.

Fleshgod Apocalypse: First band of the day I was really excited to see and they delivered. I really wish their set was longer because they destroyed in their 20 minute set time. Tomasso sounded awesome, the symphonic elements were spot-on and the drums were completely fucking insane. The only issue was poor sound. You could not even hear the clean vocals at all. I really want to see them again and I am bummed they aren't coming to my area on their tour with Decapitated and Decrepit Birth.

As Blood Runs Black: Pretty bad. I have never been a fan of these guys and their live show didn't do much to sway my opinion. I will say they aren't douchebags, which is always a plus. Their merch table was right next to Fleshgod Apocalypse and their singer was selling their merch after they played and I heard him talking with fans and he seemed like a really nice guy. Not completely offensive, but still nothing really good about them.

Oceano: Far, far worse than I remember them being live. Everything just bleeded together. Their set was one big breakdown with the occasional half-second sweep pick. Adam Warren is a complete asshole as well and a shitty vocalist. He just kept calling the crowd pussies and demanded violence. I flipped him off after he kept staring at me because I was standing still. Really bad performance, I really hope I don't have to see this shit band again anytime soon.

Dying Fetus: Thank god they came on after Oceano, I needed something really heavy and awesome after Oceano just polluted the stage. As usual, Dying Fetus was tight, brutal,and really fucking good. The pits were insane. Everybody was just moving around having a great time. The circle pit during One Shot, One Kill was one of the best I have ever seen. The only thing that sucks is they had to cut Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Dog. They were about to play it and someone came on stage and told them their time was up. Kind of sucks, but they still played an excellent set.

Powerglove: These guys were actually really fun. They were having a lot of fun on stage and it was a hometown show for them. They have a ton of talent and even though are a kind of a joke band, they are all excellent musicians. Sure it's a gimmick, but it's a fun one.

Six Feet Under: I headed up to the balcony to watch these guys. I didn't have high expectations, but reading all these great reviews about their shows on this tour. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I would like to know what your are smoking to made you though Six Feet Under was good (and whatever it was, I don't want any.) Chris Barnes is a complete joke of a vocalist. He kept doing this shriek that sounded like a zoo animal. It was one of the most awful noises I have ever heard. He absoultely butchered the two Cannibal Corpse songs. It was just insulting to Cannibal Corpse. I know he wrote the song, but he is completely raping the songs. I wasn't alone, they got the worst crowd reception by far out of all the bands. There was even a small Corpsegrinder chant that started in the balcony. I didn't think anybody would be worse than Oceano, but Six Feet Under was. Chris Barnes retire please, you are a dreadful vocalist.

Darkest Hour:My first time seeing them and they were great. Completely spot-on live. They have one hell of a stage presence and John Henry is an awesome frontman. It was even better to see them play after
the unholy awful Six Feet Under. I was happy the crowd was into them too after I heard in previous reviews people weren't doing anything during their set. I really want to see them again.

Whitechapel:Completely surpassed my expectations. This was my 4th time seeing them, the past two times they were underwhleming. They did start to get a little dull near the end of the set, but for the most part they were damn good. Phil Bozeman sounded quite good and they actually hit all the solos (they missed every single one the past two times i'd seen them)! Pleasantly surprised by Whitechapel's performance.

The Black Dahlia Murder: It had been two long years since I had seen The Black Dahlia Murder and I really hope it's not another two untill I see them again. They fucking destroyed. Trevor Strnad is such an awesome frontman and he gets the crowd so amped up. Ryan Knight hit every single solo and Shannon Lucas is such a monster on drums. Throw in the amazing setlist and you have a near-performance from Black Dahlia.

Summer Slaughter was a really good show. The crowd was great, the bands were good for the most part, and it was a really fun atmosphere. I hope next year's lineup is good because I love this festival.

Before I wrap up this review, I met Fransceco Paioli and Franseco Ferrni from Fleshgod Apocalypse and Ferrni signed my Agony booklet. I also met Ryan Knight for the second time. All 3 of them were awesome dudes and I had decent length conversations will all of them.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:35 AM

"Phil Bozeman hit all the solos"

Phil is the singer, you know that?

And I agree 100% with you especially on Powerglove and Six Feet Under. It's scary how similar this concert was for me.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:03 AM
The Conjuration of Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post

And I agree 100% with you especially on Powerglove and Six Feet Under. It's scary how similar this concert was for me.
Read it again bud, and yeah fleshgod is really chill, both times i have seen them, they have been at their merch table. I got Mafia and Agony signed different times. Asked them to burn but i guess Italians dont lol, smoked with few members of dahlia tho
Old 08-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post

I do know that, I was talking about the band, not Bozeman.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I do know that, I was talking about the band, not Bozeman.
What the fuck, I did not see that "they" there! I'm failing so hard today!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:28 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Dude, the singer of Oceano DOES seem like a dick!! When I saw them at NEMHF, he was shouting at the crowd to push people into the barrier and punch people in the face. Yeah bub, I'd like to see you in an alley and see how tough you really are.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)

Tags
as blood runs black, darkest hour, dying fetus, fleshgod apocalypse, oceano, powerglove, six feet under, the black dahlia murder, whitechapel, within the ruins