Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014

Old 08-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Daimonos's Hall of Fame

Because I'm bad at making lists (especially Top 100's, ect.), every now and then I'm gonna throw up an entry for an album that has some kind of significance to me. They're not in any order. I'm just going to post them as I think of them. I may try to rank them in the future, though. Don't be surprised if I don't keep this updated .

And the first induction for Daimonos's Hall of Fame...

#1. BEHEMOTH - Evangelion.

1. Daimonos
2. Shemhamforash
3. Ov Fire and the Void
4. Transmigrating Beyond Realms ov Amenti
5. He Who Breeds Pestilence
6. The Seed ov I
7. Alas, Lord Is Upon Me
8. Defiling Mortality of Black God
9. Lucifer

Tonight, I randomly decided to play this album on my iPod. It was the first time I'd really paid attention to it for awhile, and I remembered how fucking awesome it is. Then I realized that the album I bought the album exactly two years ago when it was released in the US. It was my Number One Album of 2009, and it might be my favorite Behemoth album.

To me, this is album Behemoth has been building up to for the last ten years or so, the perfection of the Behemoth sound, if you will. The riffs are all monumental, the drums are attacking, and Nergal sounds like a warlord, charging a fierce, dark, blackened, death metal army into battle. The album opens up with one of my favorite Behemoth songs, "Daimonos". This song captures Behemoth doing what they do best, and is a fine representation of the band, as well as a great introduction to the album. It sets the tone. Other favorites would be "Ov Fire and the Void", "Transmigrating Beyond Realms ov Amenti", and "The Seed ov I". But I really can't pick favorites, because I love the whole damn album.

Daimonos
Transmigrating Beyond Realms ov Amenti

Last edited by daimonos; 08-10-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

It's my #1 Behemoth album as well. Behemoth is my favorite band. I'd describe the sound as a more epic and refined Apostasy. I'd love to get a tattoo of some version of that album cover someday.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:22 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

I agree; it's definitely my favorite Behemoth album. And Daimonos might be my favorite Behemoth song. I really wish they would play it live. It's got the perfect energy to open a show, unlike Ov Fire and the Void.

I also completely agree with the statement that this is the album that behemoth has been building up for the last 10 years. It's a perfection of honing in their sound, style, and writing abilities. Definitely my number 1 of 2009. No question.

Last edited by jd091; 08-11-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:26 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm90 View Post
It's my #1 Behemoth album as well. Behemoth is my favorite band. I'd describe the sound as a more epic and refined Apostasy. I'd love to get a tattoo of some version of that album cover someday.
Yep; I feel like the Apostasy was great but wasn't centered at all. They definitely fixed that here. And that album art is beyond epic, and would DEFINITELY make one of the most epic tattoos ever!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:48 AM

#2. OZZY OSBOURNE - Ozzmosis

1. Perry Mason
2. I Just Want You
3. Ghost Behind My Eyes
4. Thunder Underground
5. See You on the Other Side
6. Tomorrow
7. Denial
8. My Little Man
9. My Jekyll Doesn't Hide
10. Old L.A. Tonight
Bonus Tracks:
11. The Whole World's Fallin' Down
12. Aimee

This definitely isn't a favorite to many people, but this is a very special album to me. I generally consider this to be the first album I bought, and it changed my life. For whatever reason, I wanted an Ozzy CD, because I had heard songs such as "NIB", "Crazy Train", "Mama, I'm Coming Home", and "Iron Man". I got this in a Walmart, at the age of nine. After I bought this and listened to it, my hunger for Ozzy, Sabbath, and HEAVY FUCKING METAL grew over several years. My life is almost completely dedicated to music, and Ozzy Osbourne is to blame for that. To this day, I still have a huge soft spot for all of his music. Hell, I even love Scream.

On to the music. The album really isn't bad, or at least not nearly as bad as anybody makes it out to be. This was Ozzy's first album after coming out of 'retirement' in the early 90's, and his goal was to make a more focused, mature album, as at this point he was a half dead old man in his 40's. He didn't want to be the fang wearing, bat killing madman that he'd been portrayed as for the last 15 years anymore. I think he achieved his goal. The songs aren't as 'metal' as they had been in the past, and the lyrics seem to me about more personal matters than before. The album starts off with rocker "Perry Mason", before switching into the lighter territory with "I Just Want You". Although it's a 'softer' song, it's still heavy as anything he's done. That's another thing. This is Ozzy's heaviest album, save the ballads. Songs like "Thunder Underground", "Tomorrow", and "My Jekyll Doesn't Hide" feature some of the crunchiest guitars Ozzy's ever had on an album. But at the same time this is also the softest album Ozzy's done. The album features many 'ballad' like songs, that aren't very heavy. Songs like "See You on the Other Side", which I consider to be one of Ozzy's finest moments, "My Little Man", which is a little bit cheesy, and closer "Old LA Tonight", which is also a fantastic song. I've known the bonus tracks as part of the album my whole life, so I'll include them. "Whole World's Fallin Down" is just a straight forward Ozzy rocker, with some pretty catchy parts, and "Aimee" is a ballad dedicated to the singer's daughter. Pretty good tracks.

If you like Ozzy but you don't really like this album, I guess I understand. But if some of you guys have never really heard it, I recommend checking it out. While it not might be my favorite Ozzy album, it definitely is the closest to my heart ()

I Just Want You
See You on the Other Side
My Jeykll Doesn't Hide
Old 08-12-2011, 04:06 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
#2. OZZY OSBOURNE - Ozzmosis

1. Perry Mason
2. I Just Want You
3. Ghost Behind My Eyes
4. Thunder Underground
5. See You on the Other Side
6. Tomorrow
7. Denial
8. My Little Man
9. My Jekyll Doesn't Hide
10. Old L.A. Tonight
Bonus Tracks:
11. The Whole World's Fallin' Down
12. Aimee

This definitely isn't a favorite to many people, but this is a very special album to me. I generally consider this to be the first album I bought, and it changed my life. For whatever reason, I wanted an Ozzy CD, because I had heard songs such as "NIB", "Crazy Train", "Mama, I'm Coming Home", and "Iron Man". I got this in a Walmart, at the age of nine. After I bought this and listened to it, my hunger for Ozzy, Sabbath, and HEAVY FUCKING METAL grew over several years. My life is almost completely dedicated to music, and Ozzy Osbourne is to blame for that. To this day, I still have a huge soft spot for all of his music. Hell, I even love Scream.

On to the music. The album really isn't bad, or at least not nearly as bad as anybody makes it out to be. This was Ozzy's first album after coming out of 'retirement' in the early 90's, and his goal was to make a more focused, mature album, as at this point he was a half dead old man in his 40's. He didn't want to be the fang wearing, bat killing madman that he'd been portrayed as for the last 15 years anymore. I think he achieved his goal. The songs aren't as 'metal' as they had been in the past, and the lyrics seem to me about more personal matters than before. The album starts off with rocker "Perry Mason", before switching into the lighter territory with "I Just Want You". Although it's a 'softer' song, it's still heavy as anything he's done. That's another thing. This is Ozzy's heaviest album, save the ballads. Songs like "Thunder Underground", "Tomorrow", and "My Jekyll Doesn't Hide" feature some of the crunchiest guitars Ozzy's ever had on an album. But at the same time this is also the softest album Ozzy's done. The album features many 'ballad' like songs, that aren't very heavy. Songs like "See You on the Other Side", which I consider to be one of Ozzy's finest moments, "My Little Man", which is a little bit cheesy, and closer "Old LA Tonight", which is also a fantastic song. I've known the bonus tracks as part of the album my whole life, so I'll include them. "Whole World's Fallin Down" is just a straight forward Ozzy rocker, with some pretty catchy parts, and "Aimee" is a ballad dedicated to the singer's daughter. Pretty good tracks.

If you like Ozzy but you don't really like this album, I guess I understand. But if some of you guys have never really heard it, I recommend checking it out. While it not might be my favorite Ozzy album, it definitely is the closest to my heart ()

I Just Want You
See You on the Other Side
My Jeykll Doesn't Hide
This is a great album. I listened to this album constantly for six months or so after I first got it 6.5 years ago. I haven't listened to it in a long time, but I'll always have a soft spot for this album.
8/29 - Sleep
Old 08-14-2011, 09:53 AM
welp

I never heard anything from Ozzmosis before (except "Perry Mason" like once). Listening to "My Jekyll Doesn't Hide" right now, and it's pretty fucking killer. It sounds like Sabbath more than what I'm used to with Ozzy solo, and I'm digging it.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
I never heard anything from Ozzmosis before (except "Perry Mason" like once). Listening to "My Jekyll Doesn't Hide" right now, and it's pretty fucking killer. It sounds like Sabbath more than what I'm used to with Ozzy solo, and I'm digging it.
Glad you like it, man. Now I feel like this thread actually has a purpose

Ozzmosis is probably the Ozzman's most underated album, I highly recommend checking out the rest of it!

I'm gonna try to throw another album up later tonight, as well.