Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Old 08-10-2011, 07:29 PM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Not exactly true, but I plan on explaining that later.
You're right. It's actually not nearly as popular. As you said, djent / crabcore / Sumeriancore are what is "in" now. I think the majority of the people here don't realize the decline in the scene because they try not to pay attention to it. In fact, I think you and I are the only regular members who go to deathcore shows.
__________________
10.20 Raven
10.24 Satan
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-10-2011, 07:32 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
You're right. It's actually not nearly as popular. As you said, djent / crabcore / Sumeriancore are what is "in" now. I think the majority of the people here don't realize the decline in the scene because they try not to pay attention to it. In fact, I think you and I are the only regular members who go to deathcore shows.
Aww, you're such a bro.

But yeah, my point exactly. Phil Bozeman worship has declined considerably since 2008.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-10-2011, 07:41 PM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is offline
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,934
__________________
8/3 - Boris/Subrosa
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-10-2011, 07:41 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Mission: accomplished! And I still have 8 more!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,367
Blog Entries: 19
ugh, seriously one of the worst bands to ever happen to metal.
__________________
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
08/03 - Noisem
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-10-2011, 07:49 PM
smearCampaign's Avatar
smearCampaign smearCampaign is offline
...the dead are among us!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ann arbor, mi
Posts: 1,669
I think the only deathcore I can get into at all would be The Red Chord, I guess because they are more on the grind end of the spectrum.
__________________
8/6 - Summer's Laughter ?
8/9 - Boris / SubRosa / Atlas Moth
8/25 - BAT / Shitfucker ?
8/30 - Morbid Saint / Vektor
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-10-2011, 08:07 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
I think the only deathcore I can get into at all would be The Red Chord, I guess because they are more on the grind end of the spectrum.
...

I'm just gonna leave this post here for now.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-10-2011, 08:15 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is online now
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,483
So many emotions in this thread. I was excited for this bc of all the hate it'll get. But then the first I see is Emmure and then that changes the LOL factor. I'm torn. I want to laugh / I want to cry. Damn you jd.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-10-2011, 08:29 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
So many emotions in this thread. I was excited for this bc of all the hate it'll get. But then the first I see is Emmure and then that changes the LOL factor. I'm torn. I want to laugh / I want to cry. Damn you jd.
Do both! At the same time!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-10-2011, 08:58 PM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Aww, you're such a bro.

But yeah, my point exactly. Phil Bozeman worship has declined considerably since 2008.
Probably the only deathcore vocalist worth worshiping, IMO at least. The guy has some seriously beastly growls.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008