Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Altars of Radness

Exhumed -- Hollywood, CA -- August 7th, 2011

I did not keep track of sets for this show, but as far as I could tell they were all the same.

This show was to be my first at the Key Club, one of many venues on the Sunset Strip. I was happy to see that it's a small venue with no barricade in front of the stage. A local band, Enthraller, was setting up when I came in. They were about what you would expect from a local band. Afterward came Withered, a band I've heard about quite a bit, but never taken the time to listen to. I was very impressed with their performance and I think I'm going to have to check them out now.

Next up was Cephalic Carnage, the notorious potheads from Denver. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with them. Something about them just doesn't click with me live. But then again, I don't care for them much on CD either. I was just looking forward to them finishing. After them was Macabre, another band I've heard about but never really listened to. They were entertaining to say the least! A couple of the songs annoyed me but the others were great. I loved the stories before each song and the overall vibe from them. They look like serial killers with guitars.

Last but not least was Exhumed. I went down to the pit for their set, but I stayed up front the whole time. They were insane and Matt's shrieking vocals sounded just as incredible as on the albums. The pits were pretty intense, even though they died down a bit during the middle of the set. Although there were some songs I would have loved to hear ("Infester" and "A Lesson in Pathology", among others) I was very happy that they played a good amount of older material. That being said, I wouldn't have minded them playing more newer songs either, since All Guts, No Glory is fantastic. Unfortunately, it was not long before they left the stage and returned to play the final two songs, "The Matter of Splatter" and "Open the Abscess".

I ran into Robert (rjturtle9) as I was leaving, but didn't have time to talk since I had to get home to try to get at least a few hours of sleep before work at 5am the next morning. Overall it was a pretty good time and I hope I get to see another show at the Key Club soon. If you have the chance to see Exhumed on the second leg of the tour, make sure you do it!

Last edited by treghet; 08-08-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:27 PM
N00B

Hmmm... I'm not familiar with Exhumed, gotta check them out.

I do however like Withered quite a bit. Definitely check them out, their album Folie Circulaire is great.
10/3 Anathema/ Alcest
10/4 Mark Lanegan
11/1 Dax Riggs
11/8 LOG/KSE
12/12 High on Fire
2/22 DT/OG
Old 08-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I REALLY wanted to go to this show but I got off work at 930. The main reason was to see Macabre, but I knew they went on at 945, so I sat it out. I was interested in seeing Exhumed because I have been wanting to see them for over 6 years, but I found out earlier I already have tickets to see them next month, so no loss there hahaha. Looking forward to seeing them with Dropdead next month
Old 08-09-2011, 02:31 AM
N00B

Fantastic show in Vancouver, so glad I caught this tour. Exhumed was fucking monsterous live.

Tags
cephalic carnage, exhumed, macabre, withered