Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014
Dave Mustaine with San Diego Symphony -- San Diego, CA -- April 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-31-2011, 11:17 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post

The only thing I have to say about after the show was fuck whoever decided to close down the 3 right lanes on the 10 East. Seriously? There were about 30,000 people exiting the Coliseum to hit that stopped traffic. It took an hour to go a few miles
Didn't go to the show, but I was somehow caught in that madness as well. I dropped someone off in Downtown around 12:30ish and yeah, the ride back wasn't so great.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:42 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
The only thing I have to say about after the show was fuck whoever decided to close down the 3 right lanes on the 10 East. Seriously? There were about 30,000 people exiting the Coliseum to hit that stopped traffic. It took an hour to go a few miles
Was the same away back to the airport when Graspop was done.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 07-31-2011, 11:44 AM
N00B

I coulda swore one of the song snippets Muse did was Cult Of Personality.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Didn't go to the show, but I was somehow caught in that madness as well. I dropped someone off in Downtown around 12:30ish and yeah, the ride back wasn't so great.
I was thinking of taking the 110 North to Pasadena and take the 210 East the rest of the way home, but I thought, naw I feel like that would be a waste, I'm sure the traffic will let up. Nope, I was wrong and regret not doing that
5/13-Scion Fest
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 07-31-2011, 06:10 PM

I just remembered during Rise Against, the singer was making a retarded point. He basically was saying the show was the best place the people could go to blah blah blah and said its better than other places cause they weren't trying to sell us shit like churros. Well a few minutes later I walked past a few churro stands on the way to the bathroom
5/13-Scion Fest
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 08-01-2011, 11:41 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Yup its that time of the month again...

SEP69S ANNUAL REVIEW RAVE SHOW RANT

Anyways. LA Rising was fun as hell. I ended up calling in sick like the VERY LAST MINUTE. I ended up calling in sick and making up some bullshit excuse like 45 min before I started work. Right after I here the great news from my boss that I don't have to go in to work I hop in the shower power and darted to my friends pad(whom was buying the tickets at his pad). The best part was that my friend bought me a pit ticket and I didn't have to pay him back or anything(we go WAYYYY Back, were like brothers from another mother).

Anyways!!!! We leave around 4pm and get to the stub hub leasing office where we go get our tickets(he ordered them online but we had to go to the office to retrieve them...luckily it was right next to the show!). From there on we go find parking by the Colosseum and head to the show. Now this is where it gets great

We finally find parking, park in a lot full of Raged out, beer drinking Rage against the machine fanboys AND GIRLS(whom are all blasting the bands music in their cars). I decided to make a change of pace AND ADD SOME DIVERSITY TO THIS LOT by blasting some wu tang Clan in my car while rolling up some blunts to take into the show. I could tell alot of people were getting pissed off and not feeling the music so i turned it off

After we get a shit ton of blunts rolled up, we decided to smoke a couple before heading into the show, feeling nice and breezy E-Z like lemon Peaziez. From there on we get in line, and BOOM WERE HERE. As we get into the show we can hear rise against playing. Thankfully we missed Lauryn Hill and I have seen Immortal Technique 5 times in concert so I had really no huge intrest in seeming him again. From what I heard LAURYN HILL WAS FUCKING HORRIBLE. I'm not surprised at all. I saw her at Rock the Bells in 2010 and she was well.....

During what was left of rise against, Me and my friend proceed to smoke another 3-4 blunts to kill some time before the ALL MIGHTY RAGE hits the stage! I don't really care fore Rise against and have never really gave their shit a chance and probably never will so I cant really tell you how there performance was(plus We just had our minds set on going fuckin' ballistics for Rage).

Next Up was Muse. First of all... I will go as far as to say they did sound better than Rage, they had the better everything. Better sound, Special effect ect. It still didn't change the fact that I don't like their music and never will. But I will man up and say they did put on a really great show, at some points I thought I was having an LSD flashback because the effects were so amazing. Muse should have headlined if you ask me. They just sounded better over all than rage. I mean, hell I DONT EVEN LIKE THIS BAND, but they should have headlined. Anyways I don't really got much else to say other than that they kept my attention during all their set(were as the other bands we kind of just walked around and tried to kill time)

So now it was finally TIME

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

I'm not going to go into a great childesh detail on how awesome they were but I will leave a few notes.

-Some idiot who was also there for rage and ONLY RAGE...was trying to start a fire pit like a good 5 minutes before the band got out. I was like "DUDE WTF ARE YOU DOING?!?!! WAIT FOR AFTER THE BAND COMES OUT AND THEN DO IT!?!? ARE YOU FUCKIN RETARDED?". Everyone else was agreeing with me but this kid just didnt wanna listen. He was just some little asian macho man 15 year old bitch trying act all tought, anyways...he didn't listen to any of us, proceeded to start the fire LONG BEFORE THE BAND Would come out!....AND BOOM, security shows up, puts out the fire and kicks the kids ass right out of the Colosseum....and 2 seconds later Rage comes out

-During all of rages set I was going all out. I moshed like i was in a fucking Slayer show, I was having the time of my life. I must have got knocked down 40 times, but for everytime I got knocked down more and more people would pick me up CAUSE WE ALL GOT EACHOTHERS BACKS, MOTHA FUCKA

-During one of the times I got knocked the fuck down, a good amount of my hair was underneath this fools shoe, stuck to the ground. While People were trying to left me back up MY HAIR IS STILL CAUGHT UNDER THIS FOOLS BOOT!!! So as im trying to get lifted up, i keep staying on the ground cause this guy didnt notice my hair was caught under his shoe which was on the fucking floor. It was pretty fucking painfull to say the least. He eventually noticed I couldnt get picked back up since his FUCKING FOOT WAS KEEPING MY HEAD TO THE FUCKING FLOOR. Ouch...

-Some stupid ass whore was running around with a skateboard trying to pull cheap shots in the pit. I WANT TO KNOW HOW THE FUCK SHE EVEN GOT THAT SKATEBOARD IN THE COLLOSEUM? Anyways, this bitch was one dirty rotten scoundrel!! Luckily she missed me during all of rage

After a good amount of getting noticed by a lot of people in the pit, some one called in security and they showed up in our big ol' circle pit and take the skateboard from the girl and put her ass in check. During all of this, a pretty looking women in the pit KNOCKS ME THE FUCK DOWN, made me her bitch!!!..straight up, i got mah ass chewed to the floor! The Security gaurd helps me back up and this is what happens next.

Security:You ok man???! Damn, You got tossed around pretty hard by that girl!!!

Me: WELL?? WHAT CAN I SAY SIR. I LOVE GETTING TOSSED AROUND BY WOMEN!!!!

The security guard immediately starts cracking up and begins to laugh non-stop, He literally couldn't stop laughing for like five minutes....Then he gives me a high five and I go back into the pit until the set was over.

-Rage had some shitty technical difficulties which was pretty fucking Lame. They sounded great. But i feel like they could have had a much better more, louder and intense sound-over all....I think their show at Rock the bells 2007 was much better and WAY MORE BRUTAL. I know, because I went to Rock the bells 2007,

Anyways I apologize to those that had to endure my mess of a rant(bobby solo i know you're reading this )

RANT FINISHED
5/11 - Saint Vitus

Last edited by Sepultura69; 08-01-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:11 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

hahaha don't apologize, we all love reading your very enthusiastic reviews sounds like a great show man.

@Vegantopher I'm proud of you for not having a drink even though they were $9
Old 08-01-2011, 12:23 PM
D.B.B.

Oh how I love Sep's reviews.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
haha. I did have a few before going in, but it just seemed like way to much of a task once I got inside to get more Oh well, I remembered the entire show for once
5/13-Scion Fest
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 08-01-2011, 12:37 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Oh how I love Sep's reviews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
hahaha don't apologize, we all love reading your very enthusiastic reviews sounds like a great show man.

Thanks guys!!! To be brutally honest ... I always thought my reviews came off as really annoying and I thought it pissed a lot of you guys off(even though I don't do it intentionally, its just the way I type, sadly)
5/11 - Saint Vitus

Tags
muse, rage against the machine, rise against