Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
I noticed something that QR and Iron Maiden have in common. They've never done songs from past albums that have never been performed live. It sure would be great to see 1 of those 2 break out some exclusives and really surprise their audience.
It would be cool but Queensryche couldn't do much older stuff since Geoff's voice has lost that insane range he once had.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:49 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
It would be cool but Queensryche couldn't do much older stuff since Geoff's voice has lost that insane range he once had.

Geoff's been losing range since Operation Mindcrime, just watch the LiveCrime video, it's like hearing a completely different voice even though it was only three years later.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:27 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
I noticed something that QR and Iron Maiden have in common. They've never done songs from past albums that have never been performed live. It sure would be great to see 1 of those 2 break out some exclusives and really surprise their audience.
That's not quite true. In 2009 they played "One and only" from Empire live for the first time, and "I dream in infrared" from Rage For Order was done for the first time live in.... was it 2008?

Plus, all of the songs from the EP, The Warning, Rage, Mindcrime, Empire, Promised Land, Mindcrime II, American Soldier has been played live now (and almost all of Q2K), so there's really only songs from Hear in the now frontier, Q2K and Tribe that has never been played live - and most people don't want to hear that stuff....
Old 08-01-2011, 03:28 PM
N00B

Vegas here I come.

Going to be on vacation in Vegas when they come to HOB Mandalay Bay. Just bought tickets. What a way to close out a week in Sin City. Hell Ya!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:55 AM
N00B

Real World!!!

I like the set, cant catch this tour though baby coming shortly
Old 08-02-2011, 07:04 AM
In Search of Truth

I decided yesterday I'm going to this. Can't really pass up the opportunity to see them 10 minutes from home for $18. Gotta be honest, I'd rather they didn't do a set representing every album, because there's just no songs on most of these albums that I like as much as any song on Mindcrime or The Warning... but nevertheless, it's not bad. Very psyched to see NM156/Screaming in Digital and Real World. Also, "The Hands" is one of the O:MII songs I genuinely like, so props there. The only crime here is the absence of "Take Hold of the Flame" from what's supposed to be their 30th Anniversary Tour's setlist.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:10 AM
N00B

btw Damaged is an awesome inclusion as well

Tags
queensryche