Gojira -- Providence, RI -- October 30th, 2014
Slipknot -- El Paso, TX -- October 29th, 2014
Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-31-2011, 01:40 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

LA Rising -- Los Angeles, CA -- July 30th, 2011

The show was at the LA Coliseum. The line up was Rage Against the Machine, Muse, Rise Against, Immortal Technique, Lauren Hill and El Gran Silencio. I missed El Gran Silencio and Immortal Technique due to not having a ticket in time I'll put my usual detailed review in tomorrow when I am not feeling like shit haha. I just ripped the sets from setlist.fm cause they looked right and I was too lazy to write it all out. I don't have Rise Against's set. I would like to see what Immortal Technique played if someone saw him.

Rise Against:

Chamber the Cartridge
Satellite
The Good Left Undone
Re-Education (Through Labor)
Survive
Make It Stop (September's Children)
The Dirt Whispered
Help Is On The Way
Prayer Of The Refugee
Hero Of War
Audience of One
Architects
Ready to Fall
Savior

Muse:

Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1: Overture
Uprising
Map of the Problematique
Supermassive Black Hole
Butterflies & Hurricanes (Hearbreaker intro)
Hysteria (Back in Black riff + Star Spangled Banner intro)
Nishe
United States Of Eurasia
Helsinki Jam
Undisclosed Desires
Resistance
Starlight
Time is Running Out (House of the Rising Sun intro + Bombtrack riff outro)
Stockholm Syndrome
Plug In Baby
Knights of Cydonia (Man with a Harmonica intro)

Rage Against the Machine:

Testify
Bombtrack
People of the Sun
Know Your Enemy
Bulls on Parade
Township Rebellion
Bullet in the Head
Down Rodeo
Guerrilla Radio
Calm Like a Bomb
Sleep Now in the Fire
Wake Up
---------
Freedom
Killing in the Name

Last edited by christopher; 08-01-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:47 AM
N00B

I only saw the last 3 bands. I was offered 2 tickets for $20 but they wouldn't be available til 6:00. Under those conditions I didn't need to see Lauryn Hill THAT bad, though I wanted to. Only to see how the crowd would react considering almost no one there wanted to see her.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:16 AM
N00B

MUSE would be a freaking treat to see live.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:15 AM
N00B

I posted an incomplete Rise Against set that I found from YouTube videos from yesterday's show here-

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rise-a...-43d0a313.html

^ If someone can complete the Rise Against set, that would be awesome. I am curious to see if they played Heaven Knows, Swing Life Away, and/or Give It All or if they cut any of those for time reasons.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:24 AM
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!

Here's what's now listed at setlist.fm for Rise Against (so it's entirely possible it's incorrect):

Chamber the Cartridge
Satellite
The Good Left Undone
Survive
Make it Stop (September's Children)
The Dirt Whispered
Help is On the Way
Prayer of the Refugee
Hero of War
Audience of One
Savior

10/30 - King Diamond
12/08 - Opeth / In Flames / Red Fang
Old 07-31-2011, 09:29 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost at Number One View Post
Here's what's now listed at setlist.fm for Rise Against (so it's entirely possible it's incorrect):

Chamber the Cartridge
Satellite
The Good Left Undone
Survive
The Dirt Whispered
Help is On the Way
Prayer of the Refugee
Hero of War
Audience of One
Savior
Yeah that's what I posted, I compiled it from YouTube videos of yesterday's show. I posted all the YouTube video links in the setlist.fm page comments as my source. It's probably still incomplete though
Old 07-31-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost at Number One View Post

Chamber the Cartridge
Satellite
The Good Left Undone
Survive
The Dirt Whispered
Help is On the Way
Prayer of the Refugee
Hero of War
Audience of One
Savior
They also played Ready to Fall. I was surprised they didn't play Give it All.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:31 AM

Alright here's my review:

Originally I was offered free GA tickets from one of my friends, so I didn't even worry about buying tickets when they went on sale. Well things didn't work out last minute, so I never got the tickets. I decided to try my luck and see what I could get at the show from someone who was in need of selling an extra ticket. I got to the show with my friend around 4 to find out that the traffic was terrible. After seeing signs for parking between $25 and $40, I decided I could walk a little if I could find free parking. Well I went one block past the coliseum and found a spot right away. I then walked around the show for about 50 minutes looking for someone with a ticket but had no luck right away. I could hear Immortal Technique playing, but couldn't tell what song was being played. I really wanted to hear Dancing with the Devil but knew I wouldn't be inside in time. Well I found 2 tickets in section 17 for pretty cheap and went back to pregame for a bit until Rise Against went on. I went into the show around 6pm so find out Lauryn Hill was still performing. I wasn't into it at all so I went to find the bathroom and more beer. Well I was successful at finding the bathroom, but beer was $9 for a small cup of Coors Light so fuck that!!! So I was pretty much sober the entire show haha. Rise Against went on and played a cool set, I'm not big on them so I am not going to go into any sort of review on them.

As 8:20 came near, I got more and more excited for the main reason I was attending the show, to see Muse. I have seen Muse 4 times at this point and they are always awesome. I was very surprised when Muse opened with Exogenesis. That is normally one of the songs they play during their encore. I soon remembered they will occasionally open with that when they do they're really unique sets, but I soon found out it was to go back to the standard set I've seen before. I was finally able to hear one new song by Muse I haven't heard live before!! That was Butterflies and Hurricanes. I was so happy to hear something different for once I thought it was funny that the eazy up in the back of the pit section was torn down during Maps of Problematique. I just never imagined people to get rowdy enough during Muse to destroy shit, then attempt to light it on fire hahaha. A few songs later, they made a mistake and played United States of Eurasia. Everyone in my section sat down because they were getting bored when they heard that song. It just wasn't a song to play at that event. They furthered the awkwardness when they played the Helsinki Jam. At the headlining shows, Muse has pillars that raises and lowers them. During the Helsinki Jam, the bassist and drummer will rise together and spin around in the air. There weren't any pillars at this show, so it just felt awkward to watch. The crowd didn't seem to get back into their set until they played the Resistance. I could clearly tell during Time is Running out that the crowd was definitely not into Muse. During the second pre chorus, Matthew expected the crowd to sing along, but everyone was dead. It was worse during Plug in Baby. From my perspective, not many people seemed to know what song that was. I always hated that Muse never played more off of their best album OOS, but that made it clear why.

RATM was on next and tore it up! They went on 20 minutes late and played a 75 minute set. They got the crowd moving so well. Everyone's insanity seemed to be released the second they started Testify, but that was soon to end when the sound went out for a good chunk of the song. When the soud came back, people weren't moving cause they were pissed off. It cut out again, then went back into full effect and there were no problems the rest of the show. I just have to say RATM was amazing to see live. I was glad to hear what I heard.

The only thing I have to say about after the show was fuck whoever decided to close down the 3 right lanes on the 10 East. Seriously? There were about 30,000 people exiting the Coliseum to hit that stopped traffic. It took an hour to go a few miles
Old 07-31-2011, 10:47 AM
N00B

Well, by your review I'm guessing there were no riots after RATM finished which is a good thing. Someone on YouTube said yesterday that they hoped a riot would occur after the show and that people would start destroying the coliseum. I don't get people like that. I can understand a riot or protest if there is a reason for it, but if someone wants one just because RATM is playing that's pretty ignorant. Anyways, here's a video somebody uploaded of "Testify" with the P.A. system blowing out if anyone here is interested-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fLSVqKZz1U
Old 07-31-2011, 10:52 AM

There weren't any riots. I was expecting a riot to break out if they PA didn't get fixed in a few minutes. They did start a few fires in the GA section, but they were all put out almost immediately. They had all the necessary equipment ready in case a riot did break out. There were a LOT of cops and a helicopter circling the place in case of an emergency.

Oh I left out the best part. During the break between Muse and RATM, everyone in the coliseum had to do something to entertain themselves. Well we were a big stadium, so obviously we all spent a good 10 minutes sending the wave back and forth around the reserved seating section

Tags
muse, rage against the machine, rise against